Texas Lt. Gov. calls for gun training for teachers

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Texas Lt. Gov. calls for gun training for teachers

www.khou.com

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) -- Texas Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst has called for state-funded specialized firearms training for teachers and administrators to guard against school shootings.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Well with this and ohio trying to arm their janitors it seems we will have guns in schools in no time. Im actually all for this, lets arm the teachers and give them proper training. Maybe we can stop some of these shootings before they ever happen.. I think at least its better than arming janitors right?
just my 2 cents

www.khou.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 11-1-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Nice.

This is great. It is about time people started doing for themselves instead of looking for big daddy government to fix it all and make the bad things go away.

I love my country......we rock.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by zedVSzardoz
Nice.

This is great. It is about time people started doing for themselves instead of looking for big daddy government to fix it all and make the bad things go away.

I love my country......we rock.

I love this country too
edit on 11-1-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
What is wrong with arming the janitors too? IMO, all responsible adults should be armed.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I'm 100% for the idea ... but HOW they are doing it is both foolish and counter-productive. Nominate who is to carry a weapon? That's what the article says each district would do. So it's as much a popularity and political contest to be among "the ones" carrying guns by that plan?

I see the best of intentions but already see where this can go places no one may have intended but bad nonetheless.

I think the training is a GREAT idea and I'll note something. Blackwater built one of the most expensive and realistic shooter simulations I've ever heard of at their East coast training center. I read about it in Blackwater Inc. years back. It was described in the book as a FUNCTIONAL multi-story High School. Functional in there being real lighting, intercoms and more to simulate whatever those renting the facility or using it wanted to simulate.

Why not just channel teachers though one national facility of that caliber for that specialized type of training but leave it UNKNOWN to faculty or ANYONE ELSE. No need to HIDE anything per say, but requiring a registration or vote by all? huh? Really??

If they pass the background to have CCW and they've passed the background to be a teacher entrusted with children in all situations, then why should there be some elaborate process of "choosing". What if it's a FACULTY member who goes postal some day?? They'll know by having voted on the matter who IS and IS NOT armed on the property and likely under precisely what conditions it has to happen in.

That part.. That last point, is all I have a problem with ...but it's enough to make the whole plan insane.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I love that idea.. Hell I would like to try one of those training classes

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
If its going to happen it should be optional as not everyone wants to be a trained killing machine as you signed up to teach the next generations in maths/science etc not to spend every 2-3 seconds with your hand on the hip and one eye on the door

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

honestly I am for educating EVERY ONE on fire arms use, handling and safety. If they dont want to own one fine, but you should learn to.

I wouldnt mind if everyone could carry one in everyday situations (legally of course). Apply the same rules as everything else. If your drunk, or plan on drinking, you cant have one on you, ect....

edit on 11-1-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Oh, this is great. Just in time for us to read about the first dozen teachers to come unhinged and pop a few students for their inability to behave in class. This is gonna be fun. *grabs the popcorn and plops down on the sofa*

What a flipping circus.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I'm all for non uniformed protectors in our schools.
However anything coming from this man is cleared through his nwo handlers and is suspect givin his past record.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by goou111

Well with this and ohio trying to arm their janitors it seems we will have guns in schools in no time. Im actually all for this, lets arm the teachers

You mean let's mandate teachers and other school employees to carry loaded guns around their place of employement? And then lets have kids walk through schools in an armed environment not much different from prisons? No, I don't see this as a solution, and I don't see this as lawfully right either.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
There will always be criminals with guns.
Thus, it would behoove those of whom are law abiding to always be one step ahead.

I see no issue with this.
But, I also live in Texas.
And practice responsible gun ownership.

reply to post by zedVSzardoz

How can you be Connery sexy without the eye candy in the thigh-high red boots?
(I'll have you know, I barely typed that with a straight face because of the epic hotness branded in my memory.)
edit on 11-1-2013 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
The amount of training necessary to apply lethal force with a gun in a school situation is wayyyyyy, wayyyy beyond the job description of school personnel. Quit fantasizing, people!!

Too many of the comments I have read so far re the school shootings resemble sociopathic fantasies or pissing matches about whose gun is bigger and more powerful (sorry if it comes down to Markley's Law, but there seems to be some truth to guns and feelings of power and control, phallic symbol or not).

I wanted to get an opinion from an expert, so I talked with a prison guard turned teacher. This maximum trained man said that under no circumstances would even he be able to carry out these fantasies of using a gun to subdue a school shooter.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

Case closed the experts have spoken.

top topics

join