It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Colonists sought

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire
So they have ten years to develop, build and test a spaceship also?
Do the Dutch have access to spaceships? and if this is part of the European space program then I really doubt the credability of this story..

Although its not odd to see a story/job add like this -

www.usedregina.com/classified-ad/Time-Travel-Research-Assistant_14174595

But back on topic, seems it'll be a one way journey. In more ways than one...

eee.

That job add was pretty good haha

But anyway who said anything about a spaceship? They will be using already available tech

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Anyone thinking of signing up might want to read Philip K. Dick's 3 Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch first just to get an idea of some possible scenarios for lives of colonists. If there were a lottery to choose who must colonize it might be worth doing some self-analysis with your psychiatrist in a laptop to earn a exemption. Or perhaps it could just be a life of sitting around eating Can-D with your fellow colonist friends and playing with your Perky Pat dolls. Then again, life is what you make it.

edit on 11-1-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Ireminisce

space is an hostile environment and no bed of roses when it
comes to zero g for extended periods

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I've already put myself on the mailing list for applications when they start sending them out. It has literally been a dream of mine to explore space and colonize other planets. To be given this type of opportunity for humankind as a whole is just incredible.

My biggest concern is the never coming back part, kind of makes you wonder if it is actually an "apollo 18" situation; Where there is more to the story then they are letting on.

However the new martian colony is supposed to be televised back here on Earth.

To be involved with the progression to a type one civilization and colonize Mars would be a never before achieved accomplishment of epic proportions. I'll see my fellow cosmonauts on Mars.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Coolest thing ever. So, they're going with the SpaceX Falcon Heavy..great choice. I'm not sure why anyone thinks you need to be in your 20's to do this. I'm 43 now, so I'd be 53 when I arrived, if I were chosen. That's actually pretty young. And I'm actually pursuing a skillset now that would be useful.

# it. I'm gonna try. Why not?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightsideAssassin
Coolest thing ever. So, they're going with the SpaceX Falcon Heavy..great choice. I'm not sure why anyone thinks you need to be in your 20's to do this. I'm 43 now, so I'd be 53 when I arrived, if I were chosen. That's actually pretty young. And I'm actually pursuing a skillset now that would be useful.

Heck Mars one could easily be an elaborae scam for whatever purpose..
I invited mars one to visit my stall in the czech republic
exhibition at Brno in Sept 12, but instead I received an e maail to
support them by buying their T shirt. Lol

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angelic Resurrection

Originally posted by LightsideAssassin

Heck Mars one could easily be an elaborae scam for whatever purpose..
I invited mars one to visit my stall in the czech republic
exhibition at Brno in Sept 12, but instead I received an e maail to
support them by buying their T shirt. Lol

Very true, it could be all BS..I mean, they're making a reality TV show of the process, and, apparently, people will have a vote on who goes to Mars. We'll have to wait and see. From my little spot in the entertainment industry, though, I should be able to find out when they're hiring crew and going into production. It'll be easy enough to find out if its just a stunt or not.
edit on 13-1-2013 by LightsideAssassin because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join