It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coming To A Neighborhood Near You.......Police Driving Tanks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

I grew up on military bases. My father was in the US Navy after a few years in the USAF. I spent the last decade of my employment working in defense diplomacy. And no, I do not reside within the USA any longer. But do I know a thing or two? It's possible....

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by danneu89

But is it really the most important part? They will take this away the same way they've taken everything else away (which were far more important, my dear young one) than this is. I can't quite believe you don't understand the 9/11 connection. Perhaps you could read a few threads on it here. You might find a couple...somewhere. lol

And "you" doesn't mean you. It means all of y'all over there. There's no time like the present!

This is not the final straw. The next thing will be the final straw. The next thing, like tomorrow, never comes. Complacency is the American way.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg

I grew up on military bases. My father was in the US Navy after a few years in the USAF. I spent the last decade of my employment working in defense diplomacy. And no, I do not reside within the USA any longer. But do I know a thing or two? It's possible....

Well when my 30 years ended .I had a pretty good feel for those I trained and served with.You do know we swore to defend the constitution don't you.But I bow to your vast experience on the subject.Now tell me what Posse Comitatus is?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

You um...you trust your police force, do you? Otherwise, you umm.. trust that those same soldiers that commit rapes of fellow serving soldiers *in theater* and that come back thoroughly messed up in mind/body/spirit are not going to have fun popping off your grandkids like some computer game targets? Nah. Come on. You know better. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. They already experience so much alienation in the military that they won't know where their loyalties lie. And hey, amendments happen with the stroke of a pen. Don't put too much faith in what is the current status quo. Statuses are updated quickly. Watch this space.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
reply to post by danneu89

But is it really the most important part? They will take this away the same way they've taken everything else away (which were far more important, my dear young one) than this is. I can't quite believe you don't understand the 9/11 connection. Perhaps you could read a few threads on it here. You might find a couple...somewhere. lol

And "you" doesn't mean you. It means all of y'all over there. There's no time like the present!

This is not the final straw. The next thing will be the final straw. The next thing, like tomorrow, never comes. Complacency is the American way.

Yes, I believe I have come across the elusive 9/11 thread once or twice lol. You are correct though. Unfortunately, complacency really is the American way. Although plenty of complacent victims of bullying do eventually snap when pushed far enough and take action against the bully.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

You watch to much MSM.But I got to ask you aren't a aussie rod are you?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

I totally agree. Tanks on our streets is preparing for much more than drug dealers and other bad guys. The reason I posted the article was to inform as well as get feedback. The MSM treated this story like it was good news and welcomed by everyone.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Okay...Armored truck does not equal a tank...

I mean, it's a beast and a very obvious thing to avoid...but it is in no way, a freaking tank.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Every major city in Canada got one back in '10 and '11.
Said they would be used mostly to 'intimidate'.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

i think we've got enough

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
The OP is misleading, this is not about a M1 Abrahams rolling down the street, it’s about an armoured truck that is usually used in SWAT operations being used as a determinant to a recent spate of burglaries.

This should be in the Hoax bin as it has nothing to do with tanks.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
An armored trunk isn't a tank......

And cops had have these for decades...

But what a waste of gas and money......cops are worthless.
edit on 12-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
i wish i had a tank

Also thats not a tank but still.. overkill much?

you would think if tanks were so scary then whenever we take actual tanks to countries that have nothing but ak-47 they would get scared and not fight us? but it seems they are not scared of the tanks and fight anyways...

Willing to die to protect your homeland form arrogant, murderous invaders has the past, present, future populated with AK-47 toter's worldwide fighting (and dying) against tanks.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
HAHA!! We have an armored truck too... pretend tank.. they named THE EXTERMINATOR! I live in a backwash small city in So Illinois youve never he4ard of.. and we have one. They park it in the "bad" parts of town.. as if the criminals dont have vehicles.. and SCARE em. Yep. Great plan there. Just about as good as our "drug house" signs. WHen a place is busted as a drug house we put up a sign. They kept getting stolen to now they chain them down.
Had a little tiff when they put them up in rental homes yards by the landlord and apartments. But hey, their black cars they just got painted and black tactical uniforms look hot. .

THIS is comedy. We are also the same town that kicked cops out of dennys for having scary guns on t hem.
I swear, I know the definition of insanity now that we were transferred here for work several yrs ago!

www.liveleak.com...
www.enewspf.com...
www.stltoday.com... 0a23c62.html

You just cant make this stuff up!

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
I think foot patrols would be a lot more help.Get the cops out to get to know who is the criminal and who are the good guys.Then maybe they wouldn't be so eager to bash or tazer everyone.But two problems with that idea.First if they got out and interacted with the public,they would be fraternizing with their enemies.Second they are just to lazy to get out and walk.

This the smartest thing I've read all day.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join