It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An open letter to America

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Hi guys,

So in survey of approximately 9 people in the tea room at work we composed an open letter to our American cousins

Our dearest cousins we have debated at length (15 minute tea break) and have come to the following conclusions.

1 You keep Piers Morgan and we'll keep Madonna
2 You keep The Jeremy Kyle show and we'll keep McDonalds
3 You keep the 2nd ammendent and we'll keep our unarmed police force
4 You keep 1 direction and we'll keep starbucks
5 You keep the X factor and we'll keep Toys 'R' Us

We feel this is a fair exchange and are willing to hold up our end of the bargain with honour and pride.

Kind regards
The lads in the tea room.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Here in Canada, in the Beer Room
, we decided that they can keep Celine Dion, Pam Anderson and Jim Carrey. We keep the NFL.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
That doesn't really work because, either way, we still have Starbucks, McDonald's, and toys r us.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Fair comment but we share Bon Jovi.
Oh and the eagles

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

You can keep Madonna,McDonald's, unarmed police and Starbucks- but you are NOT keeping Toys "R" Us! We will release the pent up rage of a million cranky toddlers on you without blinking an eye, and you will beg for mercy which you will not receive!

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MJZoo
That doesn't really work because, either way, we still have Starbucks, McDonald's, and toys r us.

Seriously you'd prefer the alternatives ?
And some of my fav times are hunting the kids in Toys are us with a rifle off the shelf, they get sooooooooooooo embarresed it's hilarious.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
how about you let me move to canada and american can keep itself without me?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Can they keep Posh and Becks?

We wouldn't really want anything in return, although we might put up with Brad and Angelina.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by cody599

You can keep Madonna,McDonald's, unarmed police and Starbucks- but you are NOT keeping Toys "R" Us! We will release the pent up rage of a million cranky toddlers on you without blinking an eye, and you will beg for mercy which you will not receive!

Mitigation talks could arranged through a third party but if share toys are us you gotta give us the colnels secret recipe

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knobby

We wouldn't really want anything in return, although we might put up with Brad and Angelina.

Sorry my friend rumour has it west ham is after his golden boot and god knows they need it.
I'm afraid the rest come as a package but as a bonus for you we could swap them for our papparazi
edit on 11-1-2013 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I wouldn´t keep any of those no matter what side i would be lol.. keep arguing

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599

Mitigation talks could arranged through a third party but if share toys are us you gotta give us the colnels secret recipe

Arrangements for mediation can be arranged, but if we give you the secret recipe the cole slaw will not be included in the negotiations.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Arrangements for mediation can be arranged, but if we give you the secret recipe the cole slaw will not be included in the negotiations.

OK you get to keep the coleslaw
but in return we get florida's weather

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

OK you get to keep the coleslaw
but in return we get florida's weather

Deal!

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Sorted
Now for the niggly little things.
You keep Obama and we go into talks with Australia about swapping primeministers.
Oh and you get to keep the "so I said like whatever" In return for Buffy the vampire slayer.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I don't know OP. We might have to have a second revolutionary war with ya over McDonalds. I like my Big Mac when rarely the craving strikes.

As for the rest? Well, as one American speaking? I'd agree to those terms with no modifications beyond the above!

Now that's called finding solutions normal people can agree on! lol

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

No, no and NO!!!!
Either Obama is exiled to the custody of the drug cartels in Mexico or we're sending Piers Morgan back to you- it's a deal breaker!

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'm looking for a way to email this thread directly to the PM
So far I get "computer says no"

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

reply to post by cody599

No, no and NO!!!!
Either Obama is exiled to the custody of the drug cartels in Mexico or we're sending Piers Morgan back to you- it's a deal breaker!

Could we agree on sending them both to the drug cartels and appointing Garfield as a temporary replacement for both ? Whilst we discuss the overall terms of this ?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knobby

Sorry my friend rumour has it west ham is after his golden boot and god knows they need it.
I'm afraid the rest come as a package...

Can I just have Geri Haliwell then?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join