It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tons of Oil Still Being Collected from Alabama Beaches

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

GULF SHORES, Alabama -- A morning drive along the beach is routine for Brandan Franklin. "Come out monitor the beaches look for new oil that may have washed up."

Last year almost two million pounds of BP oil was collected from gulf coast beaches. 380 thousand pounds of that came from Alabama. A quick look at a shell line on West Beach and you can see why.

"When you think of the number of miles of beach that we have and you think of the pounds, that's not a lot but these things do not weigh much at all. Pick up three pounds of tar balls you got a sack full of tar balls," says Franklin.

To give you some idea of how quickly things can change on a cleaned beach, clean up crews were here just a few hours ago this morning but already washing up in the surf, a hand full of tar balls.

Source and Video

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Oh you big fat liar! I have seen the commercial on TV showing all the happy people living, fishing and going on vacation in the Gulf. We all know the gulf is just fine.

Unless of course those commercials were sponsored by BP then I apologize.

(Sarcasm off) I know BP paid for and produced the commercials.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
no no havent you heard.. BP fixed everything.. these are not the oil you are looking for!

new topics

join