It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

this tldr app

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by SloAnPainful

it's actually a lot more than that. over 100 news feeds with the ability to open the full article, if the summary is appealing to you (or not). Plus, you get the ability to find more articles relating to the one you're reading, the ability to get small, medium or large size summaries and, rumor has it, in future versions, the ability to customize the feeds and search the web using the same technology that powers the app.

Thanks for this summary... Downloading it to my Galaxy Note 2 right now. Worth it for a tablet? May download it for my Galaxy note 10.1 as well if thats the case.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
This is an obnoxious app on a SP. Best word to describe it? Garbage.

I'm laughing. I just read this is supposed to be for SP's. All it does is interfere with links so I can't surf the site.
edit on 1/14/13 by Obsrvr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko

Its an app for smartphone on android, can't install it on PC

I've installed tldr on my pc and it works fine. I use Firefox

Edit to add:
www.stremor.com...
edit on Mon 14 Jan 2013 by Hellmutt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Obsrvr
All it does is interfere with links so I can't surf the site.

The entire design of the smart phone app is to provide summarized previews so that you can decide to visit the source site or not. Are you sure you're using the TLDR Reader app?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

This problem with my phone started when that app showed up. It only happens on this site. When I try to click on a thread or the last post posted the whole screen is highlighted. I have to make the text huge in order to get the link to work, otherwise I can't get to the link anymore.

It's very frustrating.

PS, Sometimes the link address will read tldr something instead of abovetopsecret etc.
edit on 1/14/13 by Obsrvr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Does anyone else have experience with it on a tablet?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

I've got it installed on my transformer. Sadly, the touchscreen is screwy and, as a result, all these phantom touches make apps close on their own or tap things I didn't want to tap so I don't get to play with it enough. It's killing me that it isn't available on my wp8 phone (yet) because, after using this last week, I despise the various readers I currently have (weave, fuse, pulse etc).

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
What I'm reading here seems to suggest I'm having problems with something else possibly related to the advertising for this app since the problem started after the orange banner showed up. I read that some are having problems with ads overlaying content. Is it possible this is what is happening on my SP?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

TLDRstuff.com

Now on iPhone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join