It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The beezzer's Court. On trial, The 2nd Amendment

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

I spent the afternoon at the Forget Me Not Clinic. I opted for the complete political mini-mind wipe. It was performed by unbiased clinicians...I'm good to go for Jury Duty....

Des

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Lol Des. Apparently I should go to the pay-more-money-for-pay-attention therapy! lol@me

Are we allowed to ask one question each of potential jurors? I think it would be fun. They could lie if they want, I don't believe they would though. Just to see where they stand.

Or should we just accept them at face value as we have no other people volunteering and I refuse to recruit.
edit on 13-1-2013 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Are we all in agreement that we are sticking to the facts and not bringing anyones personal opinions from other threads into this

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
Are we all in agreement that we are sticking to the facts and not bringing anyones personal opinions from other threads into this

I have already poured a line of salt across all thresholds leading into this thread. We are safe....

Des

edit on 13-1-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Well at the moment we're at a bit of a disadvantage. Discovery means the prosecution has to share it's general approach and case with the defense. Otherwise, defense counsel can't know what to defend. I suppose the degree and definition of discovery is up to His Fuzziness to determine. It is a serious thing to establish on specifics of charges/civil point of challenge though.

We have a very solid opening statement prepared and will be a good one for those out there to read, indeed.

After that though, defending the 2nd in a general way can simply point to Stare decisis and say Heller makes check mate. I assume we wanted to be more ..narrowly directed by what is being challenged, of course. Surely a more lengthy proceeding than one post per side to a summary verdict is the intent. So do help, all powerful prosecutors. Cough that discovery stuff up.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I think the Defense/Prosecution knows how to present this case.

Facts, not opinion.

edit on 13-1-2013 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

If your honor wishes for me to answer any questions. I shall answer honestly.

And we have protection from Des that no evil will come us

Thank you Des
edit on 13-1-2013 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You assume Heller is your checkmate... Dun dun DUNNN!
lol
Yes, we must wait for the Beez to let us know exactly how much we have to share...from specifics of what we will be presenting or a very vague statement like we have made previously...antiquated and not relevant.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Good enough? That should give you enough to prepare on right?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
No stats, witnesses or any other form of paraphernalia will be required by me, I will simply show using only the wording of the 2nd that it is no longer relevant to this day and age.

And from checking the members of the defence as well a couple jurors post history I know they agree with me

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

...antiquated and not relevant.

Clearly Opinion, especially if you are talking about the 2nd Amendment.

I suggest you read my Sig, to see how Our first President thought about firearms.......

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I will state for the record that prosecution does not have to go into specifics and that they have indicated the aspects of the case that they wish to pursue.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

He could've thought whatever he wanted, he isn't on trial. We intend to provide our case later for the jury to decide.
We can debate it then.

edit on 13-1-2013 by superman2012 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

...antiquated and not relevant.

Clearly Opinion, especially if you are talking about the 2nd Amendment.

I suggest you read my Sig, to see how Our first President thought about firearms.......

If that is the aspect(s) that they wish to pursue, I will allow it.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
I will state for the record that prosecution does not have to go into specifics and that they have indicated the aspects of the case that they wish to pursue.

Thank you, your honor. Might I add I always respected you and I am quite sure you are a handsome man, if your intelligence is any indication of looks.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
The trial will start in 8 - 10 hours from now. Get some sleep, get a tattoo, purchase a lobster and learn the guygam-style dance.
However you prepare.

I'll have the complete list of both councils and the jury then.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Question:
Do we get extra points if we do all that while dancing the Gangnam style dance?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

I formally charge the 2nd with being a very naughty boy!!!!!!!!
edit on 13/1/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

Unfortunately, I missed your post, prior to edit, but after reading your charge, I couldn't pen my motion fast enough...!

See you in court, conselor...

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Thank you, your honor. Might I add I always respected you and I am quite sure you are a handsome man, if your intelligence is any indication of looks.

Since what you stated is true, I will allow it.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

I formally charge the 2nd with being a very naughty boy!!!!!!!!
edit on 13/1/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

Unfortunately, I missed your post, prior to edit, but after reading your charge, I couldn't pen my motion fast enough...!

See you in court, conselor...

*phew*

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join