It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Celtic Necklace Linked to Paranormal Activity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Greetings.

The paranormal has always been my favorite topic. I was looking through some stories and this one caught my attention. I don’t think this has been posted here before.
Read through, it’s an interesting one to say the least.

Ancient Celtic Necklace Linked to Paranormal Activity

- I bought the necklace in 2004 from the Sadigh Gallery Ancient Art in New York. It was excavated in Central Europe and is of exceptional rare beauty and historical importance. It is believed to have been owned by a female druid. It is made out of bronze and was large enough to have been clearly visible in a large crowd. In the Sun’s reflection, it likely made a convincing impression. Its green color is called patina, a kind of tarnish that forms on the surface of bronze from being in the ground for a long period of time.

- Its chain is about 20 inches long consisting of 33 links to which are attached three interconnected pendants. Two of the pendants are circular and the third is a bell. Because its primary motif is an enhanced version of Celtic circle theology, the necklace was likely a multipurpose religious item worn while performing at different kinds of ceremonies. Its features are feminine, which suggests it was either made for a woman or used to invoke a particular female deity or both. Each link is different from the others in shape and size to emphasize the importance of the circle. Its numerical encoding portrays symbolism that likely did not come from the metal smith that made it. It is reasonable that a cleric personally designed the encoding details and then assigned it to a smith to make according to those specifications. - The meaning of the necklace is to portray an enhanced version of the Celtic sacred number three; 33 links combined with three pendants equal the number nine, which is the most complete sequence in Celtic sacred three theology. To the ancient Celts, the circle meant protection, veneration of ancestors and life’s comprehensive circle, which involved birth, death and reincarnation. The bell stood for protection and enlightenment. Ancient Celtic sacred bells were the forerunners of sacred bells now used by Catholic priests during Mass. Legend states that St. Patrick once used a sacred bell to drive away evil. By today’s religious standards, the necklace would have been regarded as important by the Celts as a vestment, communion cup, Hoshen, Kittel or a cross

The article seems to point out that the necklace could’ve been used in ancient Celtic rituals.
I find ancient items of importance. They tell us things we didn’t know before about the culture in question. The meat and potatoes of the story are that quite a few people have been witness to its paranormal activity.

- A diverse mix of experiences have been reported by several staff and others coming in contact with the necklace, including getting chills, feeling stunned, experiencing a sense of awe and losing their balance. One model told me she felt that the artifact radiates with energy. Others report as soon as they touch it, start seeing images in their thoughts of ancient ceremonial and warfare scenes. Almost everyone says they feel an almost overwhelming sense of awe followed by feelings of calm, happiness, relief of stress and especially empowerment. These reports are consistent with statements a few patrons have made after viewing the necklace during an exhibition.

Full News Article Here

Enjoy.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I want to touch it haha.

That is some interesting stuff thanks op

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by misse2miss

Hope you enjoy the article as much as me.
I'll be back later to check the thread. Thanks for commenting

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ParaSpy2012

It looks exactly like the time honored collar for grazing animals everywhere to make a tinkling sound so they can be found easily as they graze.

There are many kinds throughout the world and time.
subratapandey.blogspot.com...
Example;

he 13” bell is used for the cattle herd leader who leads the herd while home coming after grazing. Bells from size 4-6 are used in cows and buffaloes that are generally left behind in the herd, so that when they don’t come back in time the sound of the bell could help in locating them and thus avoiding any kind of accident or missing. 2-3 size bells are used in goats, sheep and camels.

Example

www.okmmetaldetectors.com...

edit on 11-1-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
IF this was the necklace of a Druidess, it would be special indeed. She would have been both feared, and revered by many. A very powerful office to be held by a female at the time. She was probably chosen by birthright.

The Druids, Bards, and Ovates, are what held ancient Celtic culture intact. This is why Caesar began killing them, and leaving their bodies in plain sight to rot. Often from trees. It was to breakdown their cohesiveness, and intensify tribal wars. Something that was already a problem for the Celts.

An interesting find. S&F.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by misse2miss

Agreed,being of celtic blood I would sincerely like to hold it and see what happens and what I see.
second line.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Yep. Does look like one of them I must agree.
Although, I think this one was used for other purposes, but the similarities are there.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Good comment

Yea the article says it was either used by a female or to summon a feminine deity.
It's a nice piece.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimithae

Agreed,being of celtic blood I would sincerely like to hold it and see what happens and what I see.

That would be an interesting experiment, and maybe a scary one indeed.
Who knows.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParaSpy2012
reply to post by Char-Lee

Yep. Does look like one of them I must agree.
Although, I think this one was used for other purposes, but the similarities are there.

There are some very ornamental ones for the lead herd animal , the ancient Druid, Celtic jewelry that I have seen is very beautiful and refined, as beautiful as any jewelry today.
But I am certainly no expert.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
33 rings sounds familiar???

33 years maybe???? especially if each one is different size, maybe sunspot activity?
If you know how many sunspots there are supposed to be, you know when to plant. And if in that year you need to stock up for next year, as it is going to be a low sunspot year.

I've just seen a youtube video about 3 Suns in our solar system. There are 3 pendants......
www.youtube.com...

So maybe this is actually not religious but scientific?
A woman with a brain now that's what I call amazing.
And that she was respected, even more amazing.

Not everything is ritual.

new topics

top topics

join