It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus, Republicans And The Bible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
This one might get me in trouble, but heck... the truth hurts sometimes.

Of course, the hypocrisy isn't monopolized by republicans.

Anyway, enjoy. (Or despise, as I feel it will be "one of those"!)

the Billmeister

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I LOVE it! If Jesus were to run on the GOP ticket, he'd get my vote!
The hypocrisy of the party is astounding! Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Supposed to be a separation of church and state. Any politician that gets in front of the american people and talks god and the bible should be immediately disqualified.

And for punishment the american people should have to vote on politicians that have beliefs out side of Christianity.

This would teach acceptance and tolerance. And show that it doesn't matter what they believe in as long as they get the job done.

Because if the politicians of the past were so close to god we wouldn't live in the cess pool that were in.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Billmeister

The hypocracy of Republicans using the Bible as a way to buy their votes is about as absurd as the Democrats claiming they are all about helping the poor to buy their votes...........

And they wonder why people are really starting to hate them for their out and out fraud on the citizens of this country.......

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I would vote for Jesus but I have the feeling he would run as an Independent. Or a Libertarian just to mess with people and put Ron Paul as his VP...

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Jesus wouldn`t be allowed to be a republican, just look at all the things he did that go against the grain of what republicans believe.
Jesus was for welfare and foodstamps..he gave away free food to the poor ( fish and loaves of bread)
Jesus was for universal healthcare. he healed the poor for FREE.
Jesus was against greed and the accumulation of earthly wealth.

no way, no how, would Jesus ever be allowed to join the republican good ole boy club.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
If Jesus found out he would have to run as a Republican he would nail himself to the cross.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Of course, this is meant as a sort of light-hearted poke at the political class, but, as usual : "in humor, truth."

I really enjoyed all the comments!

The sad thing is, if Jesus were to come back (however you want to see that happening in your belief system) he would likely be locked away in an asylum for claiming to be Jesus!

p.s.
I love the line: "I love Jesus and Elvis, only I'm afraid of the fan clubs." (That right there is gold!)

the Billmeister

top topics

join