It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Terrorists Actually Tools of the NWO Agenda OR Are They Truly Ignorant?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by Agarta

Well without getting into the history of everything, people have written whole books on this

Al-Qa’ida was motivated by ideology, they were motivated by a belief that America’s foreign policy in regards to Israel was the direct cause of the deaths of thousands of their “Palestinian brothers”. They believed that the power behind America was its economic and military power so they attacked the Twin Towers, the symbol of American economic strength, the pentagon, symbol of its military power and flight 93 was either intended for the Capitol building or the White house. Bin Laden believed that the attacks would destroy the American military and cut the head of the snake so to speak as Israel would lose American financial and military support leading to the fall of Israel and America withdrawal form Islamic states such as Saudi-Arabia while at the same time dragging America into a war.

I must stress this is a very simplistic and quick explanation, there is a lot more to it but to really understand it you have to go and pick up the history books looking at Al-Qa’ida.

I can accept that the ideology was used as a reason, but I disagree with the choices of targets. If this is true then Bin Laden holds America responsible(regardless of the connection between the Bin Laden Family as allies to the U.S.) is a limited view on where America sits in the grand picture. UNLESS it was all done as a symbolic gesture. I see the towers being symbolic of the Financial, the Pentagon being symbolic of the Military, and the White House being symbolic of Control but it all died there. They accomplished nothing but wars within their own homeland and it is the U.S. and the 3 Cities that have gained from it all and they have not succeeded in continuing their symbology or furthering their agenda. The Powers of the 3 cities are not only alive and well but also still gaining. A complete takeover could have been established much cheaper, faster, and simpler given a different plan. The purpose does sound good on paper but has actually done nothing but strengthen the power of the 3 cities giving less credence to ideologies and more to controlled design, imo.

Edit to add: In regards to Al-Qa'ida, as far as I know from the history books it was designed, founded and funded by the CIA in the attempt to remove Russia from the Middle East and thus simply another part of the agenda.
edit on 11-1-2013 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

All the targets where symbolic for the psychological impact as well as the impact they had on America.

With regards to what you have said specifically about Al-Qa’ida what I would say is that part of the problem with discussing Al-Qa’ia on ATS is the way it is portrayed by revisionist history, for this reason I now actually tend to avoid getting into discussions that look at specifics of “Core Al-Qa’ida” that is to say the Al-Qa’ida that was alleged to have conducted the attacks of 9/11. The truth is that in my experience most members don’t have a proper knowledge or understanding of Al-Qa’ida required to discuss specifics.

For example, your edit, the historical narrative does not say that Al-Qa’ida was created by the CIA however the revisionist history does. If you actually look at the true history of Al-Qa’ida it is very clear that the CIA did not directly create Al-Qa’ida as there is very little evidence to back up such a claim. Al-Qa’ida was founded in late 1988, by that time the Soviets where moving out of Afghanistan, it was formed as a group to direct the future of the Jihad the CIA had nothing to do with it. If we move on to Al-Qa’ida in the 1990’s then the CIA was actively trying to destroy Al-Qa’ida.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I do not discredit your post as it is possible and I can see where it is coming from. I only submit the possibility of the original information be tainted by the CIA and its secrecy in their projects(that's the conspiracy theorist in me). Of course there would be a denial of involvement or an omission of facts due to its nature. Of course I will do some more research into the origins and attempt to find information written prior to the 90s as well as looking into the credibility and origins of their supposed connection. I am more interested in finding the truth than I am in being right.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

I do not discredit your post as it is possible and I can see where it is coming from. I only submit the possibility of the original information be tainted by the CIA and its secrecy in their projects(that's the conspiracy theorist in me). Of course there would be a denial of involvement or an omission of facts due to its nature. Of course I will do some more research into the origins and attempt to find information written prior to the 90s as well as looking into the credibility and origins of their supposed connection. I am more interested in finding the truth than I am in being right.

I wish there were more like you on ATS, I don’t think there is ever anything wrong with some conspiracy theorist scepticism when it comes to these matters.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I wanted to let you know that my search for the truth in regards to the CIA connection began and was formed long before I joined ATS(this is simply a statement in regards to ATS) and in fact actually stems from the late 90s during my study of the Cuban involvement and therefore prior to the attack on 9/11. I am saying this in order to give a basis for what I understood and took to be truth from that point on. I have located the actual article that I got my information from and would like you to take a look at it and give your opinion. First I would like to give you the path in which I took in finding it today. I did a Google search for "Al-Qa’ida previously known as" and went to this page www.cfr.org... on which it states

Al-Qaeda grew out of the Services Office, a clearinghouse for the international Muslim brigade opposed to the 1979 Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. In the 1980s, the Services Office--run by bin Laden and the Palestinian religious scholar Abdullah Azzam--recruited, trained, and financed thousands of foreign mujahadeen, or holy warriors, from more than fifty countries. Bin Laden wanted these fighters to continue the "holy war" beyond Afghanistan. He formed al-Qaeda around 1988.
I then did a Google search for "Abdullah Azzam CIA connections" and came to this page which contains the original article I based my opinion of the connection with the CIA written by Robert I Friedman March 1995 www.currentviewpoint.com... . If you would please take the time to read the article(sorry it is long and informative) and give your opinion it would give me a better idea as to where to look for the truth. Thank you.

Here are a few quotes from the article:

The Alkifah Refugee Centre, in addition to providing a hangout for the disaffected, distributed pamphlets and videotapes on the rebel war in Afghanistan. On any given day, a visitor to the centre might take martial-arts classes, or sign up for an automatic-weapons training course taught by instructors from the National Rifle Association. The club even had its own T-shirts: A MUSLIM TO A MUSLIM IS A BRICK WALL. But the highlight for the centre’s regulars were the inspirational jihad lecture series, featuring CIA-sponsored speakers.

A former investigative counsel for the Senate Foreign Relatiosn Committee, now a private attorney in Washington, Jack Blum speaks bitterly but fatalistically. ‘After every covert war there is an unintended disposal problem,’ he says, as if he were talking about unexpected land mines and not potential Islamic terrorists living in Brooklyn. ‘We steered and encouraged these people. Then we dropped them. Now we’ve got a disposal problem. When you motivate people to fight for a cause – jihad – the problem is, how do you shut them off?’

The answer for the CIA was, you don’t. And then when the fanatical fervour you’ve whipped up leads to unintended consequences – the assassination of a Jewish militant leader in Manhattan, the bombing of the World Trade Centre, a terror conspiracy to blow up the Holland and Lincoln Tunnels and other Manhattan landmarks – you try to discourage local law enforcement agencies and the FBI from looking into the matter too deeply.

I'll leave the rest to the reader.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Non state supported terrorism is incapable of growing larger the largest local criminal organization without external support. Not all revolutionary movements are terroristic in nature, but consider the level of organizational complexity and the supply chain necessary to keep something complex going and you will get you answer, as always fallow the money...

Look at the beginning of the Cuban revolution, the French revolution or the Independence of the USA look how they got their funding, fighters and supplies.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

That is a very interesting article that I have not seen before, right now I am just about to head off to bed, so I am sorry if this post is not a detailed as you would like.

The services office that your article talks about was actually called Maktab al-khidamat (MAK) (i think that is the correct spelling) anyway this group was led by Abdulla Azzam they had offices in America and Bin Laden was a senior member that is true. What is also true however is that MAK was not really that much of a big deal, the CIA where going after the big players in Afghanistan. Under operation Claymore the CIA provided Arms and finance to Pakistani ISI to be distributed to the Afghan Mujahedeen, MAK was part of the Arab Mujahedeen and that was the responsibly of Saudi-Arabia it is lickly that Azzam did have a connection to the CIA but through GID. America actually did not really have a very “hands on” approach in Afghanistan it was more complex, I would not be surprised if Azzam was in contact with the CIA.

But MAK was a group created by Abdulla Azzam to funnel Arab Mujahedeen into Afghanistan. They were different to Al-Qa’ida in that they have very different objectives they were not the same group it’s not strictly speaking true to say that Al-Qa’ida evolved from MAK, it’s a half-truth in a way. MAK provided the launch of Al-Qa’ida but it did not turn into Al-Qa’ida if you like. It’s exactly like what your CRF article says “Bin Laden wanted these fighters to continue the holy war beyond Afghanistan” he and Azzam where in disagreement over this and some have speculated that as a result of this Bin Laden may have been the one responsible for the assassination of Azzam (this has never been confirmed).

From personal experience I can tell you that if you want a working knowledge of Al-Qa’ida then the media is ok but if you want the more in-depth stuff then you really need to study it. I don’t a few extra modules at university which covered some of it and that helped but the best way is to pick up a good old fashioned book. If you are interested in the relationship between the CIA and Al-Qa’ida then I would encourage you to read “Ghost Wars by Steve Coll”.

Any questions please feel free to send me a U2U

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

We are to understand that these "terrorists" have become tools used by the NWO.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Gotta agree with most of the posts. I'm sure your basic terrorist "foot soldier" is a stupid brainwashed ignoramus, but those that do the recruiting and set up the cells, they're part of something larger like the NWO.

<< 1   >>

join