It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Rape Can Last 30 sec. But a Murder Lasts Forever.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

I really don't know now. The Brady Campaign issued a statement saying they're not affiliated with the ad, but of course they would say that even if they did post it. You would think who ever made it knew that it would hurt the anti gun cause more than it would help it.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Cam Brady?! How will you defeat Marty Huggins with this type of campaign?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Ireminisce

I just went to their facebook site to look and did not find this, however that does not necessarily mean they didnt make it and receive such a backlash that they took it down. Whoever put this together bradycampaign or someone for a laugh deserves what it feels like to be raped. Sadly way too many women, children and even men now know the trauma of rape lasts a lifetime. I am normally quite calm but this is just about one of the most disturbing ads I have ever seen.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Absolutely despicable.

I'm sorry, but that makes the creators/users of this ad, the lowest of the low.

Just stunned.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
It IS fake, but it IS consistent with their position. So much so that they mistakenly reposted it on their own facebook page.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Yes it's a stupid ad. A gun would probably at least scare the rapist away, meaning no one was harmed, raped or killed. If a woman was being raped and she killed the man with some hidden firearm, she would be in the right because she is protecting her own life at the expense of the monster on top of her.

If he's killed, it had to be done.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Not just that, but it sort of trivializes rape by basically saying, "hey, it only lasts 30 seconds". Additionally, are we to think there are averages for this? What about the women and little boys and girls who are abducted and raped continuously for hours, days, weeks, & longer? Do the emotional and physical scars not last a lifetime as well? You can tell this was written by a guy (no offense, guys).
edit on 11-1-2013 by mountaingirl1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

ACtually I think they point they are trying to make is that Rape is less of a crime than Murder. Which is about as disgusting a statement as I've ever heard, and I'll say this much to that.

If someone murders you, atleast you aren't forced to live with the trauma of being raped for the rest of your life, you are dead. A rape victim, I assure you, is harmed for more than the duration of the actual rape.

Only an idiot would say something like that, let alone make a campaign of it.

JAK

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Thread moved to HOAX.

After review by staff and in consideration of the information available at present this thread has been moved to HOAX where the discussion can continue and any details uncovered by inquisitive ATS members might offer more clarity to the authenticity of the story and who is behind it.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
This ad is sooo wrong on so many levels.

Rape can lead to pregnancies and STDs.

Rape can lead to incurable infections like HIV/AIDS.

That may be manageable to some, but it can still be a death sentence.
There are no guarantees as to how the virus will affect individuals.

Rapists are not forced by law to know or reveal their HIV-status, and it's up to the victim to request prophylactic doses of ARVs in an attempt to prevent sero-conversion, which can have side-effects.

Rape and HIV are concurrent issues in South Africa.

Rape with a condom is often not classed as rape in some countries, merely as sexual assault.

In SA both men and women can be raped, although previously male rape was regarded as sexual assault (a lesser crime).

Whoever made this ad had obviously never been raped, or experienced the severe mental torture and fear of AIDS.

I thought I'd add that, whatever the veracity of the link, because it's a topical issue.
edit on 11-1-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I wouldn't have hoaxed this. Why is a conspiracy site not accepting conspiracies or speculation. Seems most likely they posted the ad then back peddled. Is ATS a subsidiary of CNN?

edit on 12-1-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Can you link to me the page from the Brady Campaign website where this particular image, including text, was taken from?

Because a TINEYE image search tells me that the only place on the Internet where this image -- with that text -- appears is here, on ATS, in this thread.

The original picture is from a BBC report on domestic violence, and contains no text.

Here: www.bbc.co.uk...

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

Have you read the thread? I already linked where I found it and we found that it may be a hoax. If it was on the Brady site, it's been removed. There are screenshots of it on their fb page, but who knows if they were photoshopped or not.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ireminisce
Snopes does say it's fake, but there's also this screenshot. The Brady Campaign says it's a photshop of their fb page.

I found it here after my husband told me about it. I just googled it and this was the first site come up. A lot of people are saying it was on the Brady Campaign page and was removed due to the negative reaction.

If the general consensus is that it's fake, I am sorry, and agree that it should be moved to the hoax bin. I guess there really is no way to know for sure.
edit on 11-1-2013 by Ireminisce because: (no reason given)

You're right... there really is no way to know for sure. As such, I'm not sure I entirely agree that this belongs in the hoax bin.

I mean, sure... all we have here is some minor evidence in favor of this being true, coupled with a denial. But that follows the pattern for 2/3 of the threads and conspiracies on this site-- minor evidence, coupled with denials by someone or other, official or not.

What makes this case any different?

Good question.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join