It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Piers Morgan "slams" down U.S. Constitution, says "Your little book" while getting baked.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one

Originally posted by SpearMint

Originally posted by samerulesapply
On a lighter note...did everyone else start laughing when AJ began to mock PM's accent? I did, I watched it twice and it was even funnier the second time.

I take Jones with quite a dash of salt, but he can be funny at times...he's a difficult man to pin down, part of me thinks he's just a good ol' fashioned conspiracy nut who's perhaps a tad unstable, another part of me thinks it's all quite contrived at times and he's deliberately trying to tarnish the alternative thinkers among us with the loony brush, I dunno.

Anyways, just outta curiosity...who else laughed?

He was just being rude and childish because he didn't have a defence other than that and shouting irrelevant facts.

explain to me in detail how Jone's facts were "irrelevant"?? I don't think you can...

They may be irrelevant to you and Piers but that isn't saying much because you both also seem to think logic, rational, self-defense, innocence, 2nd amendment, and reality....are also irrelevant...the only thing that matters is winning your argument and controlling guns....by using guns...you are consolidating power into the hands of the government and think tyranny is irrelevant?!??!?!

What you can do though is say they were irrelevant and hope people believe you...that doesn't work too well around here but you can try it...

He was avoiding questions and shouting about 9/11 and whatever else. 99% of what he said was completely irrelevant to what he was being asked. Logic and Alex Jones do not go together, and as for the 2nd amendment, that IS irrelevant. Think for yourself, the constitution is redundant and outdated.

All I see you doing is making statements and not explaining them....and yes they are so nonsensical they HAVE to be explained.

1) how is the constitution outdated and redundant??
2) how is the constitution irrelevant?
3) what questions did Alex avoid? yes/no questions don't count (especially in this context) as they are baited questions for the intellectually inferior...why do you think its a universal tactic among salesmen??

Why even bother with such a ridiculously narrow mind? Do you honestly think he or she will come around and realize the facts? Do you honestly think the facts matter to gun grabbers? Their very position stems from a place of fear.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT
I'm not from the States, but why exactly does a British journalist have a politically charged television show in the US?

The stereotypical "arrogance" that Americans are known for, has absolutely nothing on the British. They define arrogance and this piece of $%#@ is no different. I can't even listen to him for 5 seconds before feeling the urge to cave his smug bitch face in with the heel of my boot.

How he gets away with saying what he does, in a country he's not even a citizen of, while making a living doing it, just boggles my mind.

Someone should strap him to a skiff and send him seaward to the Falklands.

You're judging a country's arrogance based on one person? Trust me Britain has nothing on the US when it comes to that. Imagine if the US was judged on one person, the stereotype would be much worse.

Yet this is pretty much exactly what the anti-gun crowd is doing...they are judging ALL gun owners on the actions of FEW loons...this is the only logical reason they would propose the asinine gun control solutions they do that effect innocent people that are in no way shape or form involved with violent crimes...

yet for some reason...they need to be disarmed because some lone nut kills people? Not only is that nonsense as you pretty much stated...not only is it stereotyping and generalization...its intellectually LAZY and absolutely horrible problem solving skills...

I say what do mass shootings have to do with ME owning a gun? You and your kind would cite the minority and use it as a justification to judge the majority...its silly and again its horrible problem solving skills...

Yes but those loons exist amongst people. It's not about YOU, it's about the fact that there's no distinction between these people that go on rampages and the average citizen, it could be anyone. The same goes for criminals, criminals are citizens. That is reflected in deaths each year.

That isn't judging anyone.

lol I'm sorry but I just can't follow you down nonsense lane...when you make LAWS that MAKE ME A CRIMINAL for the RIGHT to defend my life from crack head Joe or Stalin....either or...

you bet your sweet arse its about ME....
edit on 11-1-2013 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

What a wonderful example of the lack of critical thinking, logic and rational argument that's often displayed on your side. My point was quite simple, as well as indisputably true, yet you seem to have completely missed it. And no, it's not about you, that's the problem here, everyone just cares about themselves.

This right here is where the stereotype comes from.
edit on 11-1-2013 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

Do you know what an individual is? Do you know what INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS MEANS??

can you for one seconds stop thinking as a hive mind collectivist...and consider that there is such a thing as an individual??

I care about myself yes....how is this a problem? Are you implying that somehow the worlds problems are my own? Are you implying that my problems are yours? If such is the case I have a few bills you can politely take care of for me if you please...

Or does that hive mind of your stop when it starts to burden you?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

On a lighter note...did everyone else start laughing when AJ began to mock PM's accent? I did, I watched it twice and it was even funnier the second time.

I take Jones with quite a dash of salt, but he can be funny at times...he's a difficult man to pin down, part of me thinks he's just a good ol' fashioned conspiracy nut who's perhaps a tad unstable, another part of me thinks it's all quite contrived at times and he's deliberately trying to tarnish the alternative thinkers among us with the loony brush, I dunno.

He was just being rude and childish because he didn't have a defence other than that and shouting irrelevant facts.

explain to me in detail how Jone's facts were "irrelevant"?? I don't think you can...

They may be irrelevant to you and Piers but that isn't saying much because you both also seem to think logic, rational, self-defense, innocence, 2nd amendment, and reality....are also irrelevant...the only thing that matters is winning your argument and controlling guns....by using guns...you are consolidating power into the hands of the government and think tyranny is irrelevant?!??!?!

What you can do though is say they were irrelevant and hope people believe you...that doesn't work too well around here but you can try it...

He was avoiding questions and shouting about 9/11 and whatever else. 99% of what he said was completely irrelevant to what he was being asked. Logic and Alex Jones do not go together, and as for the 2nd amendment, that IS irrelevant. Think for yourself, the constitution is redundant and outdated.

All I see you doing is making statements and not explaining them....and yes they are so nonsensical they HAVE to be explained.

3) what questions did Alex avoid? yes/no questions don't count (especially in this context) as they are baited questions for the intellectually inferior...why do you think its a universal tactic among salesmen??

The constitution is redundant because it was made in a time when the US was not what it is today. It's irrelevant because people should be thinking for themselves about the country rather than saying "the constitution says" whenever something is questioned. It doesn't matter what it says, it's not needed.

Watch the interview again, Alex avoids questions all through it by shouting over Piers about other things. The way he acted was cross between a toddler and an angry ape.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

The constitution is redundant because it was made in a time when the US was not what it is today. It's irrelevant because people should be thinking for themselves about the country rather than saying "the constitution says" whenever something is questioned. It doesn't matter what it says, it's not needed.

Watch the interview again, Alex avoids questions all through it by shouting over Piers about other things. The way he acted was cross between a toddler and an angry ape.

Go read a history book. The 2nd Amendment is anything but "redundant". The only people it's redundant to are people too dense to understand it's purpose.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT
I'm not from the States, but why exactly does a British journalist have a politically charged television show in the US?

The stereotypical "arrogance" that Americans are known for, has absolutely nothing on the British. They define arrogance and this piece of $%#@ is no different. I can't even listen to him for 5 seconds before feeling the urge to cave his smug bitch face in with the heel of my boot.

How he gets away with saying what he does, in a country he's not even a citizen of, while making a living doing it, just boggles my mind.

Someone should strap him to a skiff and send him seaward to the Falklands.

You're judging a country's arrogance based on one person? Trust me Britain has nothing on the US when it comes to that. Imagine if the US was judged on one person, the stereotype would be much worse.

Yet this is pretty much exactly what the anti-gun crowd is doing...they are judging ALL gun owners on the actions of FEW loons...this is the only logical reason they would propose the asinine gun control solutions they do that effect innocent people that are in no way shape or form involved with violent crimes...

yet for some reason...they need to be disarmed because some lone nut kills people? Not only is that nonsense as you pretty much stated...not only is it stereotyping and generalization...its intellectually LAZY and absolutely horrible problem solving skills...

I say what do mass shootings have to do with ME owning a gun? You and your kind would cite the minority and use it as a justification to judge the majority...its silly and again its horrible problem solving skills...

Yes but those loons exist amongst people. It's not about YOU, it's about the fact that there's no distinction between these people that go on rampages and the average citizen, it could be anyone. The same goes for criminals, criminals are citizens. That is reflected in deaths each year.

That isn't judging anyone.

lol I'm sorry but I just can't follow you down nonsense lane...when you make LAWS that MAKE ME A CRIMINAL for the RIGHT to defend my life from crack head Joe or Stalin....either or...

you bet your sweet arse its about ME....
edit on 11-1-2013 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

What a wonderful example of the lack of critical thinking, logic and rational argument that's often displayed on your side. My point was quite simple, as well as indisputably true, yet you seem to have completely missed it. And no, it's not about you, that's the problem here, everyone just cares about themselves.

This right here is where the stereotype comes from.

Do you know what an individual is? Do you know what INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS MEANS??

can you for one seconds stop thinking as a hive mind collectivist...and consider that there is such a thing as an individual??

I care about myself yes....how is this a problem? Are you implying that somehow the worlds problems are my own? Are you implying that my problems are yours? If such is the case I have a few bills you can politely take care of for me if you please...

Or does that hive mind of your stop when it starts to burden you?

And again, you completely missed the point and seem to be reacting to something that I didn't even say.

Arguing with you is quite mind numbing, I'll avoid fuelling it any further.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

Go read a history book. The 2nd Amendment is anything but "redundant". The only people it's redundant to are people too dense to understand it's purpose.

If all copies were burned right now, would you all walk around like zombies not knowing what freedom is? Do you think the government would say "now we can implement marshal law!", the government can do what they want regardless of a piece of paper. It's just there giving the illusion that it actually means something.

Do you need a piece of paper to tell you what your rights are or can you think for yourself? It's redundant.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

re·dun·dant
/riˈdəndənt/
Adjective
No longer needed or useful; superfluous.
(of words or data) Able to be omitted without loss of meaning or function

So the right for someone to defend themselves is "no longer needed or useful and is superfluous" tyrannical governments will never exist again??

you fail to see the absolute hypocrisy once again...because if you truly believed in such crap you would also demand law enforcement and military be disarmed as well...at which point you would at least be consistent but still delusional...

back to explaining yourself again...

A) what IS the US today? exactly...that makes self defense "redundant" by your standards?

I can play this game too...

It's irrelevant because people should be thinking for themselves about the country rather than saying "the constitution says" whenever something is questioned. It doesn't matter what it says, it's not needed.

I could make the exact same statements about pretty much any law I wanted...see:

It's irrelevant because people should be thinking for themselves about the country rather than saying "the law says" whenever something is questioned. It doesn't matter what it says, it's not needed.

catching on yet?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

re·dun·dant
/riˈdəndənt/
Adjective
No longer needed or useful; superfluous.
(of words or data) Able to be omitted without loss of meaning or function

So the right for someone to defend themselves is "no longer needed or useful and is superfluous" tyrannical governments will never exist again??

you fail to see the absolute hypocrisy once again...because if you truly believed in such crap you would also demand law enforcement and military be disarmed as well...at which point you would at least be consistent but still delusional...

back to explaining yourself again...

A) what IS the US today? exactly...that makes self defense "redundant" by your standards?

I can play this game too...

It's irrelevant because people should be thinking for themselves about the country rather than saying "the constitution says" whenever something is questioned. It doesn't matter what it says, it's not needed.

I could make the exact same statements about pretty much any law I wanted...see:

It's irrelevant because people should be thinking for themselves about the country rather than saying "the law says" whenever something is questioned. It doesn't matter what it says, it's not needed.

catching on yet?

Read above and think a little before replying.

"Able to be omitted without loss of meaning or function"

Exactly! Well done.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
2 aliens talking at a table. At least one side has something that looks like genuine debate. I haven't seen that in over a decade.

The thing with Morgan is that if it ever gets too tyrannical to live here, he can run somewhere else. Most of the rest have to deal with whatever gets flung our way, be in tyranny, revolution, anarchy, invasion and occupation, or just a robbery or riot. Some of us live in the real world and are attached to our country and the freedoms that make it one of a kind.

In the dystopian future, people with a history of mental illness are doomed to be victimized for lack of self-defense tools, as if they aren't already targets; it's a fraction of the Constitution for them. Just wait until someone puts a map on the Internet of all the mentally ill people. They will become easier targets for those who are dangerous and have avoided being diagnosed. Disabled mentally ill people aren't all dangerous, but you might read about them more in missing persons reports, because they have been taken advantage of by the not-yet-diagnosed.

Then all it takes is another wave of restrictions where in medical care a mandatory psych evaluation test will be done, and there goes more rights for more people by more doctors. Not trying to spook anybody, but it's part of that utopian dream civilization formula where only some citizens have total rights, and everybody else must wait until their next incarnation to get to try again. One of those hidden "perfect" laws is that those who have ever taken psych pills are not given full and equal treatment, because they are inferior Americans. It's discrimination to people like me.

The criminals will always be criminal; gun runners, legal or not, will take the weapons out, then put them back in whenever the nation reaches a breaking point somewhere. Maybe they will be used in a foreign land, then returned to the USA, like a rent-a-gun program for the latest political upset. But only if it benefits the covert military programs that play both sides.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

The good news is so few people actually watch his show that it doesnt matter. Heck, he is probably loving all the pub.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

damn right he nailed that smug piece of republican crap!

How on earth can people side with that bully on the right? seriously?

!@#(%&!* yanky psychopathic nutters!

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anundeniabletruth
"People aren't stupid, they can make up their own minds."

Was that intended to be a joke?

Yes!

I most certainly do believe that there is at the very least a 50% chance of my government turning on me within the next decade because I am not stupid and I can make up my own mind. However, convincing naive and ignorant masses to believe otherwise is exactly what mainstream American media in it's current for exists for. So if they tell everyone that believing as I do is crazy, that's exactly what the majority will believe because he is wrong, people are kind of stupid and they are never permitted to make up their own minds.

History proves them wrong. Plain and simple. You cannot argue with facts.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Shapiro got scolded, he accused piers of being a bully because he calls people absurd, then in the same sentence calls him absurd.

Every question piers put to him, he deflected and tried to weasel to a issue close enough to pass for the question

what a joke.. piers remained composed, had the right questions to ask at the right time and more than once that little stooge struggled to answer.
edit on 11-1-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddog5595

Yes and thank God heroin and meth are illegal and therefore off the streets and keeping us all safe. Oh wait...

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Guys like P. Morgan make me wish that, just once in a while, ATS would give us a T&C holiday.

I have a very firm grasp on the English language, but there's nothing like a few f-bombs to really illustrate the disgust I feel for a character like that fella...

Please, owners? Just once in a while?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Piers Morgan is getting exactly what he wants and all the Jone's and Shapiro's in the U.S. can't stop it and are only aiding him in doing what they are doing.

Where else in the world can you come as a corrupt (but never been convited, read Wikipedia) journalist,and a noncitizen(like that means anything anymore) and degrade the country's constitution and get away with it and payed for it.

This clown and CNN should be ignored and boycotted, otherwise we truely are sheep that do nothing and the cattle that pays the bills..............if you ignore people like this they will fail...just my opinion.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

Do you need a piece of paper to tell you what your rights are or can you think for yourself? It's redundant.

the constitution exists as an attempt to stave off corruption for as long as possible. all civilizations fail at some point, but the founding fathers wanted to keep that moment as far off as possible, thus the constitution was written.

fun fact: did you know the bill of rights almost wasn't written because they considered them so obvious? lucky for us, someone was stubborn. the government has been trying to work around individual rights for the good part of a century, but because it was written down as a standard, people are less apt to get screwed over.

so you see, the "piece of paper" isn't to inform ME of my rights, it's to remind the government that i have them, and that they can buzz off.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Sorry, but I don't like that Piers. His dad should of pulled out and left him on a curtain. He would be more useful hanging around there.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz

the constitution exists as an attempt to stave off corruption for as long as possible. all civilizations fail at some point, but the founding fathers wanted to keep that moment as far off as possible, thus the constitution was written.

fun fact: did you know the bill of rights almost wasn't written because they considered them so obvious? lucky for us, someone was stubborn. the government has been trying to work around individual rights for the good part of a century, but because it was written down as a standard, people are less apt to get screwed over.

so you see, the "piece of paper" isn't to inform ME of my rights, it's to remind the government that i have them, and that they can buzz off.

It doesn't stave off anything though, it's not stopping anything. Other countries are doing fine without it, the government doesn't need reminding and they won't be stopped doing what they want by that piece of paper.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

We are a nation of laws and contracts, so yes I need that little piece of paper. I need it to spell out what the role of the government is in this country. I need it to remind the government to keep within its proscribed role. I need it so that no president can try to fundamentally change my country.

Checks and balances to protect liberty and keep the proper balance of power.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join