It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Piers Morgan "slams" down U.S. Constitution, says "Your little book" while getting baked.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
Why doesnt anyone bring up the fact that in order to affectively defend ourselves against the government handguns wont work?

How dare an immigrant come our country and challenge our way of life. Especially an immigrant who came from the country we had to fight a war against.

I cant stand Piers Morgan hes an idiot. Who is payng this guy to act like that?
edit on 11-1-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-1-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

To quote ATS'R Howmuch4another

"Handguns are used to fight your way back to your rifle"

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

Thats true but what if they take the rifles? Can you use a hunting rifle in an urban combat scenario affectively?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

reply to post by blupblup

What?

You have deny ignorance on your avatar yet everything you just said?

I thought he made a logical argument concerning tyranny. The only argument i have read against it is baseless. You are using your argument as support for your argument without drawing upon logical conclusions to support it.

It's the same stupid argument that is used all the time by people and morons buy into it.

Let's see.

There are terrorists and because of them we have to be able to come into anyone's home now without a warrant and arrest people without charge and detain them without reason.

Imaginary threat, do what they please.

Or

Keep talking BS about Tyrannical Governments (oh yeah, cos that done happened once) and tell everyone they need to be armed to the teeth "just in case" it happens again.
You can literally defeat any and all arguments against gun control and the banning of guns just by this simple reason alone.

Sadly... you'll never see it.... you really wont.

Only when you step out of the bubble will you actually see how demented the thought process is and how absolutely backwards you have it.

But that's OK... just keep screaming Hitler and Mao and keep reminding people that without guns, nobody would be safe...

Oh man..... Absurd.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Can you use a hunting rifle in an urban combat scenario affectively?

Yes. I could. Then again I was raised on long arms. Not nearly as good with a hand gun.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
there are many better arguments that could have been made. such as the increased crime rate following gun bans, how almost every mass shooting has taken place in a "guns free" zone, how the firearm homicide rate has been on a steady decline for years in the u.s., how criminals won't follow the law, so they'll still have guns while everyone else is defenseless, etc.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Keep talking BS about Tyrannical Governments (oh yeah, cos that done happened once) and tell everyone they need to be armed to the teeth "just in case" it happens again. You can literally defeat any and all arguments against gun control and the banning of guns just by this simple reason alone.

Its happened more then i don't even have to provide evidence you can google genocide if you want it. You can literally defeat any and all argument but you haven't.

If all of the power shifts to 1 side that side will rule the other side. The whole point of living in the USA is that the individual rights of the person are protected from the rule of the majority, obviously you dont know this.

In this situation the idea of tyranny doesnt even need to be discussed, although you are still wrong and provide no logically or factually based evidence to support your argument again.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

so, because the UK banned guns and the death toll went down that is good enough reason to rewrite the 2nd to please mostly people in other countries?

it's not paranoia, it's part of the document :-D

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Yes. I could. Then again I was raised on long arms. Not nearly as good with a hand gun.

I didnt know that. I dont own gun but my family members do.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
If it weren't got that little book or paper he would be protected in saying his crap, nor would he be allowed to, if it weren't for that little book or paper he wouldn't even be allowed here...

What a idiot

Everyone should stop watching him so he withers away in his own feces.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Thats true but what if they take the rifles? Can you use a hunting rifle in an urban combat scenario affectively?

I do not support any type of besmirchment of our 2nd admendment from it's orginal form.The quote is meant as a pistol being your secondary arm,that would be used to get your rifle back.As for urban combat scenario (close quarters) I would take a shotgun over any other weapon.Now over 125 yards rifle all the way.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
This fear based mentality needs to stop guns are not the answer.

We need to take personal responsibility and realize that acting out of fear is not the solution ever.

Get a grip guys learn that its not about the guns, its not about any of these issues its about the power of the government and its about protecting the rights of the individual.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Sorry, I fiind this whole Piers Morgan story quite disturbing.

Sure, the man's a complete arse hole and why he get's any air time either in the USA or the UK or anywhere else is beyond me.
He's opinionated, conceited, arrogant and quite frankly devoid of any redeeming features at all as far as I can see.

But what's with the big hue and cry?

Is it because someone has had the balls to voice an opinion that quite obviously so many American's disagree with?
Well so what.
Why shouldn't he voice his opinion in the alleged 'Land Of The Free'?
Or is that freedom only limited to a certain few?

And as for your Constitution.
Yes, it's a great work and something to be proud of.
But the apparent sacrosanct veneration and idolisation that seemingly the majority of Americans afford it is viewed as quite bizarre by many people from outside the US.

And it's so ironic that so many Americans use The Constitution as the enbodiment of the USA's belief in Freedom yet would deny the very rights it extols to silence Morgan.

Freedom is something that is held in very high regard in many countries, not just the USA.
Freedom is coming under threat in many countries and in many ways - again, it seems like the USA is no different to the vast majority of other countries.

My personal thougts on gun control etc are irrelevant here.

I understand that many Americans disagree with Morgan - and you have every right to voice those opinions.
But the minute you start limiting people's freedoms strictly in accordance with your own opinions is the minute you start that walk down the road to the tyrannical government and society that you allegedly so much disprove of.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Having watching the video the following can be stated:

Any hot button issue, will cause heated debate, but this is going beyond what should be, to a debate on both the 2nd admendment and the 1st admendment.

This latest shooting that has occured, and the aftermath is bringing out the worst in both sides of the argument, as both believe they are correct. The one side, believes that we need more gun control, and banning certain classes of weapons, while the other side does not believe in such. And they both are dragging the other side through the mud.

It is this attack speech that we should be concerned about, as it is ultimately damaging the credibility of the message that both sides are having. All of this deport PM, all cause he disagrees or makes a statement that we find distasteful, ultimate makes us no better than say France or the Great Britan or any number of countries out there where if you make the wrong statement, they would slap you with a fine and or jail time or worse.

While this is a hot button issue, and I do not have any solutions, as the current set of laws are not working, at the same time I will not deny people the right to speak their mind or opinion. As Shapiro once stated, history is full of examples, even at one time the freedom of speech was under attack, to the point of deportation and or jail time for speaking ill on one topic or another.

But as far as the video, both sides make valid points. Shapiro, makes the point that those who would advocate tighter gun control, tend to use the victims as an excuse, rather than look at the statistics on a whole. And Moran, well he at the same time does make a point that as a society we can not continue to allow for these kinds of events to keep occuring. It is a double edge sword and unfortunately, there is no clear cut solution. Banning weapons will do nothing to stop the insanity, and will only continue to inflame the population, at the same time only cherry picking the data, will do nothing to solve the problem.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by StreetGlide

Isnt that exactly what we did to the British "ambassador" or whatever he was when Taxation without Representation first started? Or was it the Stamp tax......

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

In the military, often what a civilian would term a "hunting rifle" would actually be a sniper rifle. Bolt action rifles are more often than not more accurate and last longer than a semi auto.

I'm sure you have heard the phrase, "One shot, One kill" before?

One person can tie up tens if not hundreds with a good "hunting rifle".

Back on topic, I hope that gun groups from all across the country have told AJ to shut up and that they don't need his kind of help. Shapiro was very well spoken and probably left the studio laughing his butt off while Piers was left sputtering.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by HandyDandy
I wonder if Piers Morgan has any body gaurds and what type of weaponry those guards hold.

If they are in the UK? Their bare hands as thankfully we don't shove the responsibility of a gun into the guns of some dope because he's "protecting" some pseudo celebrity.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Unfortunately that is not a high capacity magazine, thats a 9mm mag, so probably only 15-17 rounds in it. Otherwise you are spot on

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

We dont, and i dont think i have seen anyone on here do it at all. Most americans love all human beings, regardless of their nationality, at least i do, and would like to think i am not alone on that.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Good for Al Shapiro! I love the question why does a American citizen need a assault rifle? It is a right not a need, if you are responsible why shouldn't you be able to? It's a right, unlike owning a house which is not a actual right. But we have been told everybody has a "right" to own their own home. Seems like these days the distinction between a constitutional right and what is only a privilege has been lost.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Nice find!

Piers Morgan has really buried himself lately with his illogical stance on gun control. One of the best arguments for the 2nd amendment I’ve ever heard is from a victim of gun violence. If you’ve never seen this I urge you to watch it and share it with as many of these anti-gun nuts you can.

What an exceptional human being. (And a sad story.) Thanks for sharing this. I think all of the anti-gun nuts need to watch this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join