It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Piers Morgan "slams" down U.S. Constitution, says "Your little book" while getting baked.

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Morgan doesn't deserve a stage or a soapbox.

Why not?
Because he has the temerity to voice an opinion contrary to your's or the majority?

The Land Of The Free?

What a joke.

You remind me of Islamic extremists who decry and protest against teddy bears being called Mohammed etc.

He is employed by an American media company - as is their right to do so.
If you don't agree with his opinion well that's entirely up to you and it's your right to voice and express your disagreement - but to deny him his right to express his opinion is one step closer to the tyranny you ironically allegedly oppose.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Although I haven't always agreed with you, I'm pretty sure you just made my point for me, thanks for that.

Just because I don't agree with Morgan, and honestly, on the second amendment, he is absolutely wrong. His employers obviously don't mind, and there is nothing illegal about what he's doing.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by dave_welch

uh, sure there is.
need a link?

or are you seriously suggesting that threatening to kill a guest during an international appearance isn't sufficient legal grounds ?

his ratings are dropping and hopefully CNN will follow suit and drop him at the first opportunity.

i know you understand the 'rights' issue, that wasn't my point.
what was, is ppl stating and you agreeing that Americans shouldn't deport him because it would appear we are 'picking and choosing' which parts of the Constitution we'll follow.
i firmly disagree.

his on air threat should be enough to legally deport him but if not as a single incident, then the culmination of his work can.

heck, Lennon was ordered to be deported but the letter-writing campaign to keep him influenced the final decision.

Sorry, just saw your reply.

Yes he threatened AJ, and that was wrong, I had forgotten about that. But, that is reasonable grounds for deportation. I'm glad you brought that up, as I've been looking through various threads and responding in most of them. So, you seem to be correct, as he did (along with others) make a threat towards Jones, even if it was a joke, it was in poor taste, and such things shouldn't be joked about. Was it a joke, or a Freudian Slip played off as a joke? The laughter seemed a bit nervous to me, either way, I think it would constitute a threat, and therefore be grounds for deportation. I had forgotten about that and was thinking of the petition to deport Piers Morgan which had garnered the bulk of it's signatures before he joked about "popping" Alex Jones. However, that is not to say that he shouldn't stand trial. Everybody deserves a fair trial,
edit on 13-1-2013 by dave_welch because: add last two sentences

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

which of those other groups has chosen the Constitution as their primary target ?
none, right ?

Is it a crime to criticise The US Constitution in the US?

If not do you think it should be?

they're both activists.

Is that a crime?

they're both entertainers.

Allegedly.

But again, is that a crime?

they both offended America.

Err....so what - and you guessed it, is that a crime?

they're both druggies ...

So are the vast majority of society of one sort or another.

what else is needed for Piers to be eligible for deportation ?

To be convicted of committing a crime might be a start.

don't fool yourself, Piers isn't popular enough anywhere to be a martyr.

You're right, he isn't very popular - he's a complete dickhead - but you and many like you seem to be doing your best in turning him into a martyr with your irrational and unconstitutional attitude towards him.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

The whole argument of gun control in america is irrelevant. The vast majority of citizens know and agree with the wisdom and intent of the framers of the Constitution. So much so that it's obvious to a blind man that regardless of the current shootings and the massacres media throws on our televisions, Americans will not budge on the issue.
Personally, i don't blame them. I believe they have every right to follow their instincts. Instincts our forefathers were cognizant of in their writings. Never should we forgo our Rights so as to gain a measure of security.
With that said, lets remember we live in a dangerous world. The economy gone to hell and may result in collapse. People are wary of post 9-11 Govt. intrusions and overreaching draconian laws that erode our Rights. It's obvious our leaders work for someone else rather than us and it's taking it's toll. Regardless, Americans question our ability to address our problems in a coherent manner that will alleviate our fears.
I posted earlier that Bush Sr. was/is a NAZI. I did so because i believe there is merit in the statement. Actually, i believe the whole Bush clan has a portrait of the Fuhrer on their study wall. Someone mentioned the "Dark Legacy" video earlier and i have to say it is worthy of attention in that it is a very well researched and presented. Also, the Bush vision of the "New World Order" seems to follow his lineage. From Prescott to present. One may also consider Otto Skarzeny's (a personal aide and henchman of Adolf Hitler) deathbed recollections of the Bush boys. You may also entertain Jim Marr's book "The Forth Reich" and his assertions that although we defeated the German army, we did destroy the NAZI's with their stolen wealth who escaped after the war. You may also want to consider the number of Nazi criminals who made the USA their home through operation "Paperclip."
Regardless of whether you find any truth in these possible explanations, there are many other areas to research. It's obvious that America followed a radical departure from it's course in the past century. It may be true that a number of suspicious entities worked in collusion in America's decline. However, the american people are more aware that they live in a state of fear and are standing on their instincts. And their instincts say to man up, arm up and face the real world that Pierce Morgan is ignorant of.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Everytime Piers Morgan speaks it makes me cringe that he's also from the UK. He has no right to be in the US and to be cashing in on the recent tragedies that have happened. Whether or not these deranged freaks can get hold of assault rifles is irrelevant. If they want to mass murder children in a school/mall etc they are going to do it with whatever means they have.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
It's kind of hypocritical to demand deportation because someone said something you didn't agree with. The right to Freedom of speech is also part of the all mighty constitution lol. People will get owned by drones and sh#+ anyway just look at the middle east their assault rifles are only good for killing their own kind and kidnapping random unarmed people. If anything it's the IED's that's been most effective so better start learning how to make some bombs.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
removed double post
edit on 13-1-2013 by PINGi14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
That was the first time that I have ever watched "Pierce" in action. I've heard a great deal about the idiot though.

The first thing that came to mind was that why hasn't CNN been blasted for carrying this idiot on their network who is anti-constitutional at his core? That suggests that CNN is pushing forth acts of treason by airing this idiot.

Secondly, airing Reagen's letter from nearly 30 years ago is a joke!

One can not compare the pre-9/11 world to the one we live in now...

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
Piers Morgan finally gets a dose of his own medicine when Al Shapiro (of Breitbart.com) lays into Morgan with some real facts and logic. Morgan, as usual lately, gets angry and "slammed" down the U.S. Constitution book that Shapiro had given him at the beginning of the show and called it "your little book".

Here's the interview:

Shapiro did an amazing job of putting Morgan in his place. One thing I would've done differently in the interview if I were Shapiro is when Morgan asked why any citizen needed a military-style assault weapon, Shapiro stated that sometimes governments go tyrannical. And while that is true and why the Second Amendment was written, I would've also stated that while citizens may not necessarily need assault weapons, it is their right to keep and bear them if they so choose.

For those that can't watch the video, a full transcript of the interview is also posted at Breitbart.com.

edit on 11-1-2013 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

To be brutally honest I haven't watched your link,I don't need to.I just wanted to add my perspective as 'one of them' from the UK.

Piers Morgan is an arrogant w*nker,always has been.Fair enough he speaks his mind but remember thats the sort of 'all's fair' type of mind happy with the excesses of the tabloids.Am not getting into that debate as I think the press should be free but when it comes to hacking a murdered teens answer machine on her phone ~ decency dictates surely !!!

It's from that tabloid,sensetionalist,celebrety loving that Morgans come from yet somehow he's got it iinto his head to go to the US and become some kind of new Jeremy Paxman.

No,not at all.Paxman IS straight to the point,direct and even combatative but the difference being he's incredibly intelligent,astute and spent his career in political jounalism.Morgan interviews celebreties,chefs and drama queens or thats what he did in the UK.

If he's finally been put in his place in America then it's about time,sounds like he resorted to petulance by talking down your constitution,you wouldn't see Paxman taking such a childish attitude

I am gonna watch the intertiew just to see the t*sser squirm but please,please,please and I've made the same plea to a US member already don't deport him,least not back across the Atlantic we don't want him back,nor Simon Cowell for that matter.

If Guantanamo Bay has been closed,have a word wi Obama then,get him to open it back up n throw the pair of them there for,well,life ideally along with all the bloody chefs on the t.v these days

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
That you think not being able to fire an AR is a punishment speaks volumes about your addiction to your freedoms, ie. guns.

I'd hope that any person had an 'addiction' to their freedoms.

And yes, of course gun owners are going to view it as a punishment. How else do you think they'd view the loss of a right, not to mention property, for something they didn't do? If the government decided to take your car because your neighbor got drunk and ran over a few pedestrians, would you feel it justified?

I don't even own anything that would be subject to this ban. I just think its a waste of time, won't prevent much of anything since 'assault rifles' comprise only a percent or two of all firearm-related homicides, and is a detriment to the tens of millions people who aren't guilty of anything and never will be.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
Morgan, as usual lately, gets angry and "slammed" down the U.S. Constitution book that Shapiro had given him at the beginning of the show and called it "your little book".

Did we watch the same video? He "gets angry and slams"? Seriously?

He was calm throughout and he placed the book on the table. I'm starting to truly believe that Americans see things through completely different eyes than the rest of the world. Come on already, stop posting propaganda #e and start to truly debate the matter.

Utter nonsense!

T

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
S & F OP.
Piers Morgan is a joke. Idk why he's given so much importance. He's no different than Alex Jones.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by fastbob72

If you haven't watched his performances, you shouldn't even be commenting, as it just makes you look foolish. Despite how some on here might be portraying it, he hasn't been getting a verbal roasting by anyone and has been very calm and reasoned in his approach to this extremely emotive subject.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
That you think not being able to fire an AR is a punishment speaks volumes about your addiction to your freedoms, ie. guns.

I'd hope that any person had an 'addiction' to their freedoms.

Why? Addictions are never a good thing, so what sort of idiot would want one?

And yes, of course gun owners are going to view it as a punishment. How else do you think they'd view the loss of a right, not to mention property, for something they didn't do? If the government decided to take your car because your neighbor got drunk and ran over a few pedestrians, would you feel it justified?

No, because my motor vehicle can be used for a myriad of positive things, whereas a firearm has fairly limited uses, only a few of them positive. For every person killed by an automobile, I'd wager with all the ambulances in the world, there's been a vastly greater number of lives saved by them. There's no way you can even prove the same for a firearm because you are not even required to register your weapons, and as far as I can gather, you don't even have to make a report when you've discharged one of your firearms away from a range or other recognised shooting venue.

I don't even own anything that would be subject to this ban. I just think its a waste of time, won't prevent much of anything since 'assault rifles' comprise only a percent or two of all firearm-related homicides, and is a detriment to the tens of millions people who aren't guilty of anything and never will be.

So, you've just admitted they are used in an insignificant(unless it's your family members that have died in the incidents) number of homicides - why then are some people so obssessed with having them for home defence? Because they look cool?
If all it does is make them so unpopular that manufacturers are forced to stop making them, that would be an achievement.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by lolita64
Another reason to deport that piece of garbage Morgan... he's not even a citizen and yet he's talking against the founding document of the country!

How is he not classified as a foreign agent trying to destroy the US??

Excellent point!

He's not considered an enemy of the U.S., but you and I, American citizens, are considered a terrorist threat if we have a week's worth of food in our homes, have a Ron Paul bumper sticker on our cars, or speak out against the UN.

Document here

And yet the majority of Americans see no conspiracy. Really?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

There is poison in the water and criminals run our Government.
They decided that I will be giving them an extra $3000 a year in 2013 without even giving me the courtesy of a letter.

They are now saying that they are thinking about coming to my house and making me turn over my gun.

I think its YOU people who are the loons, you want to sit around consuming tea and crumpets having a proper English debate while we (you as the majority included) are DYING and the cost of food rises DAILY.

Look at what you have gotten us this far? Are things better or are they worse?

I am not trying to attack you but people like Alex Jones have been screaming because talking does not work (never-mind that screaming wont work either)

Evil is so prominent because people like you (the majority) are always bending over backwards to compromise with it.

Go ahead and call him every name in the book, that fact is that he woke up more people than you ever could.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

If you don't like them go back to where there aren't any.

If your goal is to take them away from Americans, start working out because you are going to need to be in very good shape for the next part (if you plan to last).

There are a lot of people that have been waiting for what comes next....

I hope that the more intelligent heads in GOV heads don't listen to "sensible" people like you because its going to kick off a ton of violence if they try.

Something tells me that you know this and don't care.

Wonder why?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

ah, cannons shmannons ... i'm sticking with the topic ... he's a traitor who should be dealt with accordingly, period.

oh yeah, please see our precious Constitution for appropriate remedy.
like i said, rope is cheap these days.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dagann

Yes, I do believe your post is right on! You are right, Prescott Bush did finance Hitler, as well as other businessmen of that time. You would probably appreciate Antony Sutton's books on the subject of Wall Street, FDR, Hitler and the Bolsheviks, and the order of Skull and Bones. Sutton explains Hegelian Dialectic and how it is used by Skull and Bones and the Power Elite in general.
I just thought it was a bit dramatic to call Bush Sr literally a Nazi, but then I have been known to call a certain POTUS Narxist. There's certainly enough common evidence to support that theory.
And you are 100 % right, Bush Sr did promote the concept of the NWO openly.
These wealthy businessmen financed Hitler and the BOlshevik Revolution, hence financing both sides of the classic textbook Hegelian paradigm.
I would also like to recommend Jonah Goldberg's book, "Liberal Fascism", wherin he shows that even fascism has Progressive roots in leftist ideology. It does tend to make Progressives quite angry when it is pointed out that their own party embraced eugenics before Hitler did. Progressives also embraced fascism in general before the holocaust. Even Planned Parenthood, that paragon of liberal Progressivism and tolerance, had it's early roots as Margaret Sanger''s American Birth Control League and the eugenics program she and her sponsor Rockefeller promoted. .
Thanks for a civil discussion.

At this juncture, Progressives want gun control, believing ever in thehir Utopian ideals and destroying our Founding documents with popular media figures like Piers Morgan. I said before and say it again, he is definitely a tool of the NWO.
I hadn't realized he outright threatened AJ's life, so they can prosecute that threat the saame as they do any American citizen making threats on another person's life. Perhaps deportation is the answer. But certainly CNN should not allow this behavior on their shows.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join