It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Piers Morgan "slams" down U.S. Constitution, says "Your little book" while getting baked.

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
repost without the profanity
sorry mods my tongue got the better of me there.

Piers Morgan does not represent any Brit. He is known as a complete "idiot" here in the UK.

edit on 13/1/13 by Ezappa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by dave_welch

I think that the people calling to deport PM are wrong and not seeing the point. Deporting him is not the right course of action

I'm not certain there are actual grounds for deportation, but would you mind telling us what you think is the point here? Did you mean that people who are angry at Piers for suggesting disarmament of American citizens do not see the point, or is it just the liberal point of view they don't see?
Let's just boil down the point to a minimum shalle we?

Progressives see gun control as a way to stop school shootings, and also a way to stop citizens from being armed enough to resist their Totalitarian agenda.

Conservatives know that gun control is a path to tyranny and that disarming citizens gives the govt more control.

Our Bill of Rights says we have the right to bear arms. It is simple. The reason for it is simple, it is to resist govt tyranny. That was it's purpose of inclusion. The Founding Fathers told us so, and they would know wouldn't they?

All this business of pretending it's about saving children is baloney. It is not. Hillary and Barack want to pursue the UN Small Arms Treaty so the entire world cannot resist the tyranny of the One World Govt.

I have just given you the microcosm and the macrocosm of gun control.
edit on 13-1-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

I don't disagree with you, easy on the hostility, friend. I am saying that he should probably be taken off the air. I am saying that deporting him would do no good as it would make us all look like we are only picking our favorite parts of the Constitution. I am saying that we can't ignore one amendment to strengthen another. Though the 2nd amendment may be the most important as it can be used to protect the others, we should not forget about the first, which is still very important. I am in no way defending Piers Morgan, as I detest him as much as you do, maybe more. I'm just saying let's be fair, he's entitled to his opinion. Should he be able to broadcast his opinion to the masses? I don't know, obviously CNN thinks so. Maybe we should work on doing a podcast or youtube page that puts forth our opinions in a calm and respectful manner. I'd be on board with that. Would it be as big as the Piers Morgan show? Probably not, but we could still be using our rights in the same manner that he does.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   

with all due respect ... Piers is not Constitutionally protected.
his speech may be but his person is not.

and, the public is well within its protected rights to diss him, dismiss him and demand his removal. there is no quandry or Constitutional compromise as some have insinuated.
Piers has no standing, unless he is in the process of naturalization.
[which is info i do not know]

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
He did an amazing job. And and that is the point of assault weapons, to protect against having your family vanishing in the night, because Granny with a pistol won't stand up to an armed militia trying to take you all away.

And the legislation was signed that, while it is illegal and unlawful in itself, gives the government the illusion of being able to make anyone they want disappear, being able to confiscate any land, any farm, shut down any organic farmer. Their list of who is a terrorist is frightening beyond belief.

They have given themselves the powers of a dictatorship already.

When people are saying we need to be able to protect against fascist takeovers, they should be bringing up the odd coalition between these current murders and signing into legislation. So, this current government is not off the watch list by any means, and currently there are unlawful legislations that must be struck off all books.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Of course they have the right to want to deport him. However, there really are no legal grounds for deportation here. I would like to see him taken off the air, but I may be wrong in that opinion. So, what do I do about it? I don't watch his show, unless somebody posts a clip here or something like that, but I don't watch CNN at all for that matter. I try my best to get all of my news from alternative sources, then look into what they're saying to make sure that it wasn't covered incorrectly or spun to serve they're agenda. Of course, with people like Morgan, it's almost given that it will be his opinion and not the facts. So don't watch his show, if you don't like him, If his ratings are low enough, he'll be taken off the air. From what I've seen so far, not that many people watch his show anyway in terms of nationwide audience.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   

I didn't realize I was being hostile. Thank you for clarifying your position. Yes, our laws are such that even the Neo Nazi party is allowed to march around, in fact they just did last year in the Occupy Movement. We are of course free to disagree with these people, and quite loudly if we wish. I think that is what the petition is about. I think it's more of a pushback.

Good day to you friend.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Piers Morgan looks like an effeminate little child molester who got bullied at school and is now spending the rest of his life ''Assaulting'' anything he can ,to get Payback .much the same as that self serving slob Michael Moore

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
reply to post by WhereIsTheBatman

From what I just watched, there was no owning going on. Morgan let Ventura say his piece, played devil's advocate, and ended up giving Jesse his approval at the end, so why make out like he was really trying to rip JV apart and had it turned around on him? I'm far from a fan of Morgan's, but it seems some here just want to hate him because he's saying things they don't agree with, and that ain't the American Way, is it?

I don't hate Morgan. In fact, I don't hate anybody.
Reporters should just report and remain neutral at all times, not take positions or utter opinions. That's for the public and the politicians.

He got owned, because he tried to debunk rational questions and statements.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   

uh, sure there is.
need a link?

or are you seriously suggesting that threatening to kill a guest during an international appearance isn't sufficient legal grounds ?

his ratings are dropping and hopefully CNN will follow suit and drop him at the first opportunity.

i know you understand the 'rights' issue, that wasn't my point.
what was, is ppl stating and you agreeing that Americans shouldn't deport him because it would appear we are 'picking and choosing' which parts of the Constitution we'll follow.
i firmly disagree.

his on air threat should be enough to legally deport him but if not as a single incident, then the culmination of his work can.

heck, Lennon was ordered to be deported but the letter-writing campaign to keep him influenced the final decision.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Agreed, If we are to deport Morgan for his (flawed) opinions, then we should have gotten rid of Neo Nazis, Klu Klux Klan, Wesboro Baptist Church, and all the other hate groups that are allowed to exist because of the First amendment a long time ago. Those are all people that I can't stomach, but they have just as much of a right to be wrong as anybody else does.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   

which of those other groups has chosen the Constitution as their primary target ?
none, right ?

that's the difference ... besides the fact that PM is a guest who has worn out his welcome.

edit on 13-1-2013 by Honor93 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by SpearMint

nope, wasn't me ... your post history says it was ... ThirdEyeofHorus ... but that's ok dear, i see you're stumbling all over yourself anyway

now pay attention closely, it was your comment that was incorrect.
they are still used today and are hardly inconvenient.
suppose you never heard of this cutter, eh ?
usmilitary.about.com...
armament on board the Eagle ... www.uscg.mil...

i wondered why you make such erroneous statements so regularly ... at this point, i'm guessing it has something to do with that 'intervention' you were harping about earlier.

hmmmmm, Floyd had a term for that ... comfortably numb ... yeah, that would fit your dilemma.

That's why I said I think. Put your glasses on.

I don't know why you're bringing ships in to it now, you get further from the subject with every post, can't wait to see what's next. We're talking about civilian arms remember?
edit on 13-1-2013 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Pay attention. Someone else (you, I think) brought up cannons, I was saying how inconvenient they were back then for a citizen to use and are therefore completely irrelevant

The point about the cannons was not about them being convenient, it was just the way of warfare during the Revolutionary War. Certainly a small handgun is much more convenient on the streets of New York, don't you agree? Personally I have learned some weaponless self defense but even Bruce Lee said that Kung Fu was not always adequate.
Anyway if it were not for the fact that the average colonial man was armed, the militias which won the war would not have formed. A well -regulated militia was not a standing army.
It is a waste of time when someone does not understand the purpose of the Revolutionary War and the Constitution, much less the 2nd Amendment. The Constitution is not going to stop because someone like you doesn't understand the point of it.

A cannon is not something used by civilians, I still don't see how it's at all relevant. I said muskets because they ARE usable by civilians.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

He still has committed no crime. Yes, he has worn out his welcome, however, he's still living here legally. I would like to see him taken off the air, but even that may be too much. Either way, it doesn't matter how many people want him deported, it won't happen until he either commits a crime, or stops agreeing with the government agenda.

What I am afraid of, is that somebody will shoot him, and then they'll make him a martyr.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   

civilian arms ???
which thread are you on
... this one is about Piers and his little book of tricks.

if you could stay on topic, that'd be helpful.
did you get your fill of cannons yet ?
that's why the cutter ... to satisfy your cannon curiosity.

now that we have your previous nonsense out of the way.

if the Consitution is irrelvant, why not just dump Piers overboard ??
it's not like he's an asset.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   

his crime is as obvious and serious as was Lennon's.
how is Piers any different ?

they're both activists.
they're both entertainers.
they both offended America.
they're both druggies ... what else is needed for Piers to be eligible for deportation ?

don't fool yourself, Piers isn't popular enough anywhere to be a martyr.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   

civilian arms ???
which thread are you on
... this one is about Piers and his little book of tricks.

if you could stay on topic, that'd be helpful.
did you get your fill of cannons yet ?
that's why the cutter ... to satisfy your cannon curiosity.

now that we have your previous nonsense out of the way.

if the Consitution is irrelvant, why not just dump Piers overboard ??
it's not like he's an asset.

You were talking about ships, Piers was talking about guns... talking to you is actually physically painful.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   

his crime is as obvious and serious as was Lennon's.
how is Piers any different ?

they're both activists.
they're both entertainers.
they both offended America.
they're both druggies ... what else is needed for Piers to be eligible for deportation ?

don't fool yourself, Piers isn't popular enough anywhere to be a martyr.

Lennon, as in John Lennon former Beatle? You do realize he was never deported and lived in the United States until he was killed, right? Whether or not John Lennon was killed by a crazy man, or the CIA (or other such agency) is yet to be known. I have heard nothing about Piers Morgan and drug use, if he is using illegal substances, or abusing legal controlled substances, then yes, he should be arrested and probably deported, do you have any proof to his drug use?

Once again, I am not defending him, just making sure that we're acting like Americans, and not Nazis.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   

it appears to be working well for the last 200+ years, why wouldn't it ?
oh, that's right ... you'd prefer we can't defend ourselves ... thanks but NO thanks.

That's called Confirmation Bias. You really need to look it up.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

how do you figure that ?
Americans don't go to other countries and then bash that country's culture in their public media, without consequence.

What, don't you think Americans are employed in the media of other countries?

Don''t American media and commentators pass comment and give their opinions on political and social events and matters of other countries?

Have you ever read a thread here on ATS about UK / Europen issues?

Every time something happens in the UK threads get inundated with Americans stating "it's because you've got no balls", " it wouldn't happen here in the US because we've got The Second Amendment", "We saved your asses in WWII", "You are subjects of The Queen" and other complete and utter bollocks.

reply to post by muzzleflash

Americans are unique in that they are the combination of all known cultures, the assimilation of all cultures into a "melting pot".

The USA is by no means unique in any shape or form.

Nearly every single developed country has a well established 'multi-cultural' society.

The UK's history is one of none-stop immigration, migration and integration - I don't think it's unique in that.

Plus everyone in the USA, even illegals, have human rights that must be respected. Including speech.

Everyone in the UK, and dare I say the EU, have human rights that MUST be respected - the US is not unique.

How many Americans are advocating denying Morgan his right to free speech?

I am glad we are having all of these discussions.

I agree - discussions are good - unforunately it seems far too many just want to dictate.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join