It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Piers Morgan "slams" down U.S. Constitution, says "Your little book" while getting baked.

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

Its needed, and this is the last time i am going to explain it to you, because it is the foundation of americas principles. Just because washington chooses to ignore the constituition doesnt make it irrelevant, if anything it makes it more true than ever before. The constituition didnt leave them, they left it. It may be irrelevant to TPTB, and you obviously,that does not make it irrelevant as a whole. You just dont get it. I cant explain it to you because you dont want to get it. You want it to be irrelevant, you want it to be meaningless. You dont understand that to me, and many like me, its more than a piece of paper, that its as significant now as it was when it was written. And is it any wonder, that the farther we get from it in its origianl form, the crappier society gets? Maybe that why you dont respect it, because you dont understand that it is perfect the way it is, and the more you amend it......the crappier things get. I dont think i can explain it anymore sir.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO

Congrats Piers , you have successfully derailed the thread !

Is it possible to derail a thread by talking about the thread topic?

Congrats, you just added absolutely nothing to it.
edit on 12-1-2013 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

i'm trying to avoid responding to nonsensical, off-topic distractions.
however, i guess this post just suckered me in, didn't it ?

interventions are usually performed by family and friends ... since we know you are no friend of the 2nd, are you a family member of a gun owner who needs an intervention ?
if not, it's none of your business.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

Originally posted by Honor93

it appears to be working well for the last 200+ years, why wouldn't it ?
oh, that's right ... you'd prefer we can't defend ourselves ... thanks but NO thanks.

Sure looks like it's working fine now doesn't it? The world was a lot different 200 years ago, for starters "arms" were muskets, there were no rifles, semi-automatic or automatic weapons. I don't think I need to explain how society has changed.

Oh yah the guns they had back then had BAYONETS for jabbing people in between reloads.
And they still had cannons too, because the style of fighting involved lines and columns and the cannonballs were used to break up the lines. What difference does any of that make? It is just different techniques for fighting.

Now we have Depleted Uranium and sound weapons to mess with people...that is the govt does...yah it's a different world alright.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

For real... are you really trying to suggest that America needs the British to step in and disarm us as an intervention?

all I can say is OMG

link   

Originally posted by itbenickp

Its needed, and this is the last time i am going to explain it to you, because it is the foundation of americas principles. Just because washington chooses to ignore the constituition doesnt make it irrelevant, if anything it makes it more true than ever before. The constituition didnt leave them, they left it. It may be irrelevant to TPTB, and you obviously,that does not make it irrelevant as a whole. You just dont get it. I cant explain it to you because you dont want to get it. You want it to be irrelevant, you want it to be meaningless. You dont understand that to me, and many like me, its more than a piece of paper, that its as significant now as it was when it was written. And is it any wonder, that the farther we get from it in its origianl form, the crappier society gets? Maybe that why you dont respect it, because you dont understand that it is perfect the way it is, and the more you amend it......the crappier things get. I dont think i can explain it anymore sir.

I think you just want it to be important and can't accept that it isn't. It doesn't stop anything, it doesn't benefit anyone, no one in charge has to obey it. It was useful when the USA was founded, now it is not. Whether it exists or not doesn't matter, your laws and freedoms aren't governed by it. Snap out of this illusion.

link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
Piers Morgan finally gets a dose of his own medicine when Al Shapiro (of Breitbart.com) lays into Morgan with some real facts and logic. Morgan, as usual lately, gets angry and "slammed" down the U.S. Constitution book that Shapiro had given him at the beginning of the show and called it "your little book".

Here's the interview:

Shapiro did an amazing job of putting Morgan in his place. One thing I would've done differently in the interview if I were Shapiro is when Morgan asked why any citizen needed a military-style assault weapon, Shapiro stated that sometimes governments go tyrannical. And while that is true and why the Second Amendment was written, I would've also stated that while citizens may not necessarily need assault weapons, it is their right to keep and bear them if they so choose.

For those that can't watch the video, a full transcript of the interview is also posted at Breitbart.com.

edit on 11-1-2013 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

Seems some are confused so please forgive me for reposting the OP in hopes of getting back on topic
edit on 12-1-2013 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

For real... are you really trying to suggest that America needs the British to step in and disarm us as an intervention?

all I can say is OMG

No, I haven't even suggested that.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Alex Jones said a lot of important things this guy didn't even cover. Sure he was more respectable, but his overall argument weaker than Jones's from the standpoint of the issues.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

what problem ??
care to be specific or is generalization all you have to offer ?
even Piers is more direct with his wild attacks.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

it appears to be working well for the last 200+ years, why wouldn't it ?
oh, that's right ... you'd prefer we can't defend ourselves ... thanks but NO thanks.

Sure looks like it's working fine now doesn't it? The world was a lot different 200 years ago, for starters "arms" were muskets, there were no rifles, semi-automatic or automatic weapons. I don't think I need to explain how society has changed.

Oh yah the guns they had back then had BAYONETS for jabbing people in between reloads.
And they still had cannons too, because the style of fighting involved lines and columns and the cannonballs were used to break up the lines. What difference does any of that make? It is just different techniques for fighting.

Now we have Depleted Uranium and sound weapons to mess with people...that is the govt does...yah it's a different world alright.

If you can't see the difference between guns with a short range and no rifling that shoot pellets and take a minute to reload and modern weapons in a higher population density then I'm wasting my time talking to you. Cannons aren't something citizens could have and are even more inconvenient.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Lets end it with this, its irrelevant to you, i swore to uphold it, with my life if need be, from all enemies foreign and domestic. While i find it repugnant for you to spout this, it doesnt mean you cant. And while you may not be an american, i wont stop you from exercising your first amendment rights. Unless your right to free speech is also irrelevant, in that case, i can only advise you to stop talking. Or more aptly, stop typing.
edit on 12-1-2013 by itbenickp because: spelling

edit on 12-1-2013 by itbenickp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

all I can say is OMG

No, I haven't even suggested that.

oops I put the wrong quote. This one will make more sense in regards to my post

When someone is destroying their self with drugs others step in, it's not always welcome. It's harder when there's 300 million of them though, probably should just let it happen.

So tell me, what did you think 300 million Americans need intervention for, if it wasn't gun control?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

do you mean cannons like we STILL have today ?
those cannons ?

yeah, ok ... all of this coming from a pair of know nothings ... typical.
if Piers is your leader, please re-call him ... sooner better than later.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by onequestion
How dare an immigrant come our country and challenge our way of life. Especially an immigrant who came from the country we had to fight a war against.

2 actually if you properly include the War of 1812. What about the wars that you fought side by side? WW's 1 & 2. Korea. The War on Terror.

You just lumped actual wars in with a metaphorical war (terror war). Please don't. Doing so will make you no better than Morgan and his generic assault rifles.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

ASSAULT RIFLE MIS-QUOTE

REALLY needs to be corrected!

In a horrendous, planned assasination, Volunteer Firefighters responding to a "Lure" call in Webster NY were MURDERED.

The Shooter, a convicted Felon, RELEASED after 18 years for killing his own Grandmother ... ... with a hammer, committed suicide after the attack.

Webster NY is about 40 minutes from where I live. I have friends there and know a lot of people from the area.

Piers Morgan, AGAIN, in the Shapiro Interview, stated that an AR-15 style "Assault" rifle was the weapon used.

FALSE !!!!

The shooter had 2 handguns, with FACTORY MAGAZINES... ONLY.

"FOUND AT THE SCENE" ... well that's a different story...

LOCKED. IN THE TRUNK OF THE SHOOTER'S CAR. UNLOADED, UNFIRED and UNUSED. Was an AR-15 style rifle. NEVER USED IN THE SHOOTING. NEVER LOADED. NEVER FIRED, and this fact is rather easily searchable, even in the LIBERAL MEDIA!

FOUND AT THE SCENE (near the scene) does NOT equal USED IN A MURDER !!!

I dislike MORGAN with great intensity. SOMEBODY, Please get this out and corrected !!!

==============

Also, there is a LOT of confussion with regard to the "Aurora Colorado Shooting". Multiple witnesses state the Looney-Tune had a .223 rifle with a "DRUM" magazine, and that it JAMMED IMMEDIATELY (as they often / usually do) and was "discarded" in favor of his handguns...

Furthermore, the first police to find the shooter stated he was standing by his car, with 2 Handguns and 2 knives on the roof of the car. Again, this is not the picture being painted by Liberal Media.
I feel certain SOMEONE out there has the details, as I do from living next to Webster.

FACTS COUNT !!!

Thanks.

Vascopolis
edit on 1/12/2013 by Vascopolis because: mis spelling

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

It almost looks like Jones is bi-polar.

I am bipolar and was thinking the same thing.
Must have forgot to take his meds.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Vascopolis

Piers ... the poster child for enhanced vasectomies or the Bobbit reform party.
yeah, he's a jewel alright ... but there isn't a buffer in existence that could shine him up.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Somebody plant this in Piers and Feinstein's faces:

15-Year Old Boy Uses AR-15 to Defend Himself, Sister Against Home Invaders

www.breitbart.com...

Their father is a Harris County Precinct 1 deputy constable, and the boy knew what he had to do to keep himself and his sister alive. Around 2:30 PM, two men tried to break in, with one going through the front door and the other in the back.

edit on 1/12/2013 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
A friend of mine just posted this on another forum. Seems that in their haste to ram Obamacare down our throats and keep the NRA out of that fight the Democrats shot themselves in the foot.

spreadlibertynews.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join