It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cosmic Superweapon.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Devino
reply to post by intrptr

When you define the word "Apocalypse" you get "the end of the world".

When you translate it, you get "to be revealed".
I also noticed this when I translated the word apocalypse. This too is true for the word "Revelation". Being taught early on that these two words mean doom and gloom and global destruction I found it very odd that it actually means to reveal or unveil.
What is revealed?

What is revealed is the meaning of the symbology. Up until now no one has had any idea what these devices are because before the beginning of the 20th century they didn't exist anywhere on the planet. Now that they do I can see what their meaning was / is.

We take jets and bombs for granted, these people (who saw them in visions) had to best describe what they were seeing without any understanding of their components or operation. They were "weapons" that were "cast" like an arrow and "thundered"... what better description of a bomb. People think that can't be possible, its "too simple". Not to the ancients. These things were magical and flown by "gods" (pilots). And their symbology is revealed now, in that light (of modern development).

When I heard these texts were from Sumeria (modern Iraq), I about fell out my chair.

What is revealed? Is the knowing of this revelation worthy of global destruction?

NO. Just a portent of things to come. Of a change to the "World Order", from domination by one or more Empires, to a renewing of world peace and harmony. First however the old "Order" must be destroyed.

Sorry about the wordiness, I am not doing a proper job of trying to relate this.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

Tibet, Mongolia, Nepal, China all have a long history of HAWKING - using a Hawk to hunt for / capture prey - hence the hawk symbols and exulted hawk mythology..

All I got from the description of the effects of the 'superweapon' was a VOLCANIC ERUPTION.... As we are talking about Tibet this would be the Kunlun Volcanoes... Not much higher than the Tibetan Plateau but clearly visible for 100s of miles when erupting. No doubt the Kunlun hawk residents would leave the mountain when / JUST BEFORE it's erupting - A SIGN!

As to the 'weapon', it's just another symbol of power exaggerated by its contemporary users and dodgy translations.. The UK Parliamentary / Monarchical mace REPRESENTS power but in itself has no physical power (other than an expensive way to batter somebody!)...

Why does no one on this thread try to bring things DOWN TO EARTH? Have you A.A. guys watched: Ancient Aliens Debunked - If not, you should. It even explains how the Great Pyramid of Giza was constructed - with evidence!

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I get what you're saying but Mohenjo Daro and Sodom and Gomorrah suggest this has all happened before, and will no doubt happen again. I don't completely dismiss the idea of prophecy but there is too much evidence showing a very advanced race lived here 12,000 years ago, and waged massive war with very high tech weapons. EVERY old culture tells of the stories.

I know it's hard to accept advanced technology being around back then but it was...it's that simple. And one of the races were definitely Giants. The Great Pyramid of Giza is part of this pre-history...as with most of the Great pyramids, including the one under the water in the Bermuda Triangle.

Anyway, we're both crazy really. You're saying they were seeing into the future and I'm saying they were more advanced than we are today.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Devino

Yes, I cannot discard this possibility either. But why speak in metaphors? Why not simply say the mountain exploded? Why suggest that gods fly around in machines/chariots/cars/flying kingdoms and not just record the geological event and then attribute it to a hidden gods will? I refuse to believe that every culture that tells of these wars between the gods are describing a natural geological event and then embellishing the story so....

Of course, they could be, and they may have.....I just have a harder time believing in trying to extract some divine meaning from texts that seem to simply state exactly what was happening in the skies above them, and to the geopolitical enemies of the time. A bit like how someone recorded the UFO battle over Nuremberg on the 14th April, 1561.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Being a Buddhist monk of the Tibetan tradition for a number of years, I'll just point out that the words dorje and vajra are interchangeable.

The vajra represents wisdom and is a symbol used with in the tantric path. In this sense it is a great weapon as it aids us in overcoming those aspects of ourselves that need to be overcome.

But unfortunately the first rule of the tantric path is not to talk about the tantric path, so I'll have to leave it up to you all to discover its other meanings.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kantzveldt
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I would say it's a symbolic representation, though maybe one sees cables here centre foreground to activate the Dorje on special occasions, in reality probably not

Ummm....Actually the "cables" are a....wait for it.......handrail.

YouSir

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

If by 'advanced' one means MORE advanced than modern technology & construction then there is absolutely NO evidence of a technologically 'advanced' prehistoric civilisation - NONE! If by 'advanced' one means capable of building great stone constructions then I'd go as far back as 40,000 years++ (starting with CARVING out CAVES) and 10,000+ years for building out of cut stone...

What ANNOYS me is there is no evidence left of the WOOD'N'ROPE AGE - a far more technologically / mechanically / structurally advanced knowledge than stone masonry alone...

The Great Pyramid was built using an INTERNAL SPIRAL RAMP (not external) as geophysics confirm and various shafts clearly show signs of blocks being dragged up using ropes (there are grooves and notches that show this)... I'll just add TAME ELEPHANTS and CAMELS to the construction process...

"Aliens did it" = "God did it" = "I do not know who or what did it (or how/WHY it was done)!"

edit on 13-1-2013 by PrivateSi because: typos, elephants

edit on 13-1-2013 by PrivateSi because: rubbish grammar..

edit on 13-1-2013 by PrivateSi because: /WHY + I like editting! No evidence of God or Aliens, just HUMAN FANTASY inspired by NATURE!

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by intrptr

Anyway, we're both crazy really. You're saying they were seeing into the future and I'm saying they were more advanced than we are today.

Not crazy... seeking. If there is evidence of these advanced societies that had super weapons and attack aircraft, where are the archeological sites that reveal the crashed "air craft" or even one unexploded bomb? Surely there must be at least one runway or hangar with a store of unused "ancient weapons" or even their parts or factories that built them?

No, huh? Not one? I would tend to believe that they had such things so long ago, but the archeological record doesn't agree. Saying it happened a long time ago, so long that it has all decayed to dust... they find metal swords and arrow points, bowls, cups, whatever. But not one "cosmic weapon"... hmmm

These "replicas" of the weapons existed and survived from that era... then, where are the "weapons"?

We aren't crazy, just trying to find out what meaning is "hidden" here. You say it happened a long time ago or hasn't happened yet, I say it has been happening for over a hundred years. In every modern war people die of horrible effects from bullets, bombs and even white phosphorus, napalm... all the weapons for which the ancients may have "seen" but had little understanding for.

If they had seen the destroyed bodies on the ground afterwards "in their vision", they might well call it a "plague". What else could do this to people? Nothing in their experience can compare.

What they do describe pretty well however, are the weapons of modern combat. Fins that extend or retract, ships that return like a falcon. You mean jets returning from an airstrike? Drones? "Thunder" "bolts". List is endless.

And the writings are about a place that all that stuff is happening today. Iraq.

Thanks for giving me the chance to try and explain it (from their viewpoint).

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by PrivateSi

have you ever seen a ufo? probably not because if you had you wouldnt be looking on earth for these answers..
Ive seen things not of this earth a few times and no one can debunk my eyes... thats why this kind of thread excite me, when you know that we are not alone history starts to make way more sense.. Take the Ancient Sanskrit Texts the Rig Vedas, filled with so many alien stories it will blow your mind, but you need to be coming for the right mindset first.... the dorje might have been reduced to symbolism in today world, but at one time i guarantee this alien technology was real...

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

But why speak in metaphors? Why not simply say the mountain exploded?

Because "explosions" were unknown to them. Even a volcano when it "explodes" is far enough away to the witnesses that the sound arrives after the visual. They didn't understand "speed of sound" the way we do. To them the mountain "rumbles". "Explosion" was not in their vocabulary.

So the metaphor... Thunder bolt. Lightning. God like.

Magic "wands" and "hammers". We're still thinking like they were. Come into the now. Think in terms of how they saw what we take for everyday items.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I just have a harder time believing in trying to extract some divine meaning from texts that seem to simply state exactly what was happening in the skies above them, and to the geopolitical enemies of the time. A bit like how someone recorded the UFO battle over Nuremberg on the 14th April, 1561.

Exactly. There you go. Someone saw "crosses" flying and "fireballs" in the sky in a huge battle over Nuremburg?

That was WWII. Bombers, fighter air craft and anti aircraft fire... over Nuremburg, Germany.

No hidden meaning or UFO's. Just modern combat.

Nostradamus describes this too, right? That English and Germans would fight in flying machines over the English Channel? We accept that as "prophecy". But really he didn't predict it, he just saw it unfold before it happened.
edit on 13-1-2013 by intrptr because: BB code

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Devino

Thanks for those, my major difference with them would lie in their interpretation of ancient cosmological representations and that plasma patterns were a widespread naturally observed phenomena over extensive periods of human history up until quite recent times in terms of some of the American Indian artifacts they present as evidence.

reply to post by PrivateSi

A volcano is able to tick the boxes for many of the effects described due to the widespread nature of phenomena a volcano can induce, but if you're just taking described effects and ignoring the greater tradition then in the same way a volcano could have caused the majority of deaths in the first world war...

Whilst the Sumerians suggest it flew like a falcon, it is never described as a falcon or depicted as such, but rather a mace like construct which the numerous head apendages could be seen as splayed open shooting forth destruction...it never looks like a volcano, whose effects traditionaly were associated with Underworld Deities.

Given also its capacity to behave independantly and with intelligence, including communication, then a volcano cannot be forced to fit.

The extent in terms of time and place over which the artifact has been represented is remarkable, that includes the entire Roman Empire as the lightning discharger of Jupiter, all of South East Asia and the Near East as well as central Asia.

reply to post by sublik

I don't see why humans couldn't control such, there's no account suggesting any did though.

reply to post by bluestorm

Not addressed to me, but i once had a small brilliant glowing bright red ball check me out, floating around near ground level at my feet...this caused me to believe in fairies.
edit on 13-1-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

But why speak in metaphors?
Ancient myths are considered metaphorical today because what the ancients described is beyond belief for our time. it is easy to consider myths as metaphores yet in doing so makes understanding them impossible in my opinion. The manner in which ancient historians recorded such events can be said to be rhetorical, or dramatized, to better capture the emotions of these times but not necessarily metaphorical. Relating these accounts to astronomical events makes understanding them so much easier I think.

I am not suggesting these myths are metaphors but rather are the descriptions of real historical events. If it were one culture from the past that described such events then I think we could write it off as the product of wild imagination or metaphores. It is when we find such stories from several cultures around the world, in some cases isolated by oceans, that describe similar events that seem to corroborate these stories that make them so intriguing. I am suggesting a unity in these ancient myths with each other as well as with todays science. These myths describe the planets as gods and therefore make these stories cosmological. This is ancient astronomy and astrology, the recording of thousands of years of astronomical history. The ancients describe some very wild times for sure.

Why suggest that gods fly around in machines/chariots/cars/flying kingdoms and not just record the geological event and then attribute it to a hidden gods will? I refuse to believe that every culture that tells of these wars between the gods are describing a natural geological event and then embellishing the story so....
I agree! I do not think that these are descriptions of geological events but are more cosmological interactions. the similarities of these myths found around the world describe the gods as planets, or other solar objects, that interact with each other and sometimes Earth. Man is powerless to do anything about it but witness these events. The survivors recorded these events and now we call them myths. What really happend in ancient times?

We can think of these ancient stories as the wild imaginations of the ignorant mind, evidence of ancient alien interaction and/or advanced civilizations of Earth or natural cosmological, not just geographical, events. I like to think that it is a combination of all of these things.
I feel there is plenty of evidence of advanced civilizations having existed on Earth in our ancient history. Maybe not advance by our standards today but having similar knowledge in math, science and physics. I also feel these myths describe cosmic interactions with Earth and the other planets/objects in our solar system. Following this there should be geological evidence corroborating these things. There is a lack of such evidence yet science does not take these myths seriously.
As far as the ancient alien perspective there are many accounts in these myths that seem to describe interactions with people from the heavens or other planets and stars. I am not sure what to think regarding these myths yet I strongly feel that we should not so easily dismiss them as metaphores and the product of wild imaginations. After all this is the remains of thousands of years of recorded history of Earth's geological and astronomical past.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Yes, I have seen a UFO - A fireball which I recorded on my mobile. It was moving quite slowly but definitely on fire. It looks like a PLASMA / FIRE 'dragon' (streak) on my phone but that's an artifact of the camera as to me it looked like a fireball. I saw it over Worcester, UK a few weeks before christmas last year (will try to get date from my phone).. I suspect some debris / meteor burning up. I've seen many magic lanterns and it wasn't one.

I believe in MAN-MADE modern technology... I believe in the ancient art of Metaphor and FANTASY in story telling, passed down and EXAGGERATED over time... The Vedic texts are good examples of what we now call SCI-FI - PSEUDO-SCI-FI would be a better description than pure fantasy.

I have researched this topic. There may be ETs and we MAY have been visited but there is certainly no hard evidence, only MODERN MYTH created by man's conjecture backed up by RUBBISH/PSEUDO-SCIENCE and pure NONSENSE.

TOPIC:

Kunlun Volcano, Eagles fly away from it before it's going to ERUPT - Useful knowledge - especially if your ancestors were caught up in PYROCLASTIC FLOWS.. The 'weapon' is a symbol of personal and political power - like a ceremonial mace or crown... Get Real, I say, before you become UNREAL...

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrivateSi

Yes, I have seen a UFO - A fireball which I recorded on my mobile. It was moving quite slowly but definitely on fire. It looks like a PLASMA / FIRE 'dragon' (streak) on my phone but that's an artifact of the camera as to me it looked like a fireball. I saw it over Worcester, UK a few weeks before christmas last year (will try to get date from my phone).. I suspect some debris / meteor burning up. I've seen many magic lanterns and it wasn't one.

I believe in MAN-MADE modern technology... I believe in the ancient art of Metaphor and FANTASY in story telling, passed down and EXAGGERATED over time... The Vedic texts are good examples of what we now call SCI-FI - PSEUDO-SCI-FI would be a better description than pure fantasy.

I have researched this topic. There may be ETs and we MAY have been visited but there is certainly no hard evidence, only MODERN MYTH created by man's conjecture backed up by RUBBISH/PSEUDO-SCIENCE and pure NONSENSE.

TOPIC:

Kunlun Volcano, Eagles fly away from it before it's going to ERUPT - Useful knowledge - especially if your ancestors were caught up in PYROCLASTIC FLOWS.. The 'weapon' is a symbol of personal and political power - like a ceremonial mace or crown... Get Real, I say, before you become UNREAL...

Now that was interesting. Thank you. This whole thread, I think, is great. Everyone's opinions just opens your mind for new possibilities.

I saw something like you did in the sky. Couldn't even think & I wish I would've taken out my phone! Have you uploaded it on YouTube or anything?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
For those looking for forensic evidence regarding the effects of such weapons in ancient Sumeria perhaps the vitrified ziggurat of Borsippa in central Iraq would be a good example; Clay is a refractory substance; it will vitrify only at temperatures of about 2,900° F (1,600° C).

Borsippa vitrification

oi.uchicago.edu...

The south westerly mound, the Birs proper, is probably the most conspicuous and striking ruin in all of Iraq. On a 30 metre hilltop, a pointed mass of vitrified brick rises around 14 metres high. It is split down the centre and surrounded by huge masses of vitrified brick

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Mud brick kilns for firing clay vessels could be huge back then and now...

They also created the same effects on the surrounding landscape as you portray:

The source for above pic...

www.penn.museum...

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
people should give more credit to the history of earth which could of been inhabited for millions of years by advanced races, obviously there was a time when the "gods" walked among man for what ever reason that they hide themselves in the present is beyond me, but for me after seeing a football field sized triangular semi transparent very quiet craft of some sorts that i could of shot with a bb gun it was so close my world has never been the same, plus history makes so much more sense when you come from this perspective, and who knows maybe they are just a more galactic humanoid, i have a crazy story about an encounter in my dream with some human looking space pilots, but i gonna have to start a new thread just for that one.....

Kantzveldt
I agree nuclear glass is great evidence of past wars, the destruction may even be the result of a dorje being used...
also ive have encountered orbs a few times in my life, the craziest time ever i was in hawaii on the beach and a red orb pretty big though appeared over the ocean, the craziest thing happened next, three whales came up and surfaced right under the orb and just floated there in a pod until the it left. i cant make that up, there were five other people with me and we all saw it... that was in 96 and cell phones werent really around yet

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Very interesting thread

Could be of relevance...

Could Our Ancient Alien Sky Prove Our Ancient Alien Past?

Will keep a keen eye on this one.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Thats a ziggurat at Borsippa though, not a kiln. It's generally understood as relating to the tower of Babel myth, as it had seven levels. Seems to have been blown apart with intense force and heat.

I'm not sure what would happen if you actually touched one, the one i saw was small but very close, maybe it came so close it dissipated and dissapeared...not sure.

reply to post by LiveForever8

Ah right, i see you have had interest in some aspects of this, i'll read up those prior considerations

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join