It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portland residents panic as men armed with assault weapons ‘educate’ the city

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
The first few pages of this thread were amazing to read... some of you people are nuts.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Man it would be funny to see all the crazy libs running around in fear but again i would not do it on the count of me getting shot by uneducated cops that dont know the law.

Gun nut alert and also just quite weird.

That would be like putting a bag of white powder in a post office in the height of the anthrax scare...

Who would find that funny? Mentally deranged people...

edit on 12-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I find this act disrespectful of ones community.As is evidenced here.Some people have some pretty wild ideas about guns and their owners. It is enough for me that some have a genuine fear of them,some for damn good reasons.Many mothers don't even want their children exposed to such sights.
A real gun owner understands this,hell we all know this.
If you want to scare people,you are nothing but wrong.I don't require anyone's fear ,I am skilled enough without it.
Politeness counts,old fashioned,I agree,but it does count.If you are impolite and there is a gun?
That's a way to get shot. I would expect it.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Little known fact...

It is perfectly LEGAL to openly carry a holstered sidearm, in the State of Florida, if you are actively engaged in fishing, hunting or camping, or traveling to or from one of these...

Most people, EVEN cops, are not aware of this legal right. I'm too lazy to look up the Statute, right now, but trust me...

I do like this comment from page 1:

Sorry no comparison. Cops with guns is reassuring to the majority of the general public.

This statement, is quite interesting. I wonder how many in the general public, realize that your average cop, has only spent about 20 hours on the range, prior to receiving his or her LEO certification?
And then only spend about 2 hours a year practicing and shooting for their re-qual...?

There are even cops, who don't like guns, and couldn't tell you anything specific about them! Not even their own duty weapon!

But, for some reason, the general public trusts a cop with a gun, over a man or woman with years and years of experience, and 100's of hours on the range...

Go Figure...

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
A question.....

Does anyone out there think that it would be a good idea to take a group of people that have a higher suicide rate than the general public and issue them guns?

On top of that, give them ammunition and pay them to practice. Does that sound like a good idea?

ETA: Oh, yeah, give them a high performance car, handcuffs and torture devices too. And a set of rules that allow th m to shoot family pets in your home after they break your door down with no repercussions.
edit on 12-1-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
i actually kind of like this idea if their intentions are pure. people might be scared the first few times seeing this, but the streets would be safer with everyone armed, and after it loses it's spectacle, people might realize that just because you own an ar-15 doesn't make you a mass murderer.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Just my 2 cents....

The wise minority in any society might be able to digest this kind of display. However there are far too many stupid uneducated people around. To think this would do anything else but provoke concern and borderline panic seems a no brainer.

I totally agree with the premise of the 2nd A. and hope you folks stand firm in preserving it, but a modicum of common sense would go a lot further. Perhaps a walk around with a few more buddies with pamphlets inviting folks to the local range for coffee and doughnuts to learn more about the safe and wise handling of ALL firearms instead of drawing more attention to the infamous AR whatevers and the assault rifle argument that is being launched.

Its like this... We have the right to self defense, firearm packing or not, but how smart is it to go into a seedy bar giving dirty looks, wearing a "looking to invoke right to self defense" sign around your neck?

BTW Watched Shapiro shred Piers and totally think "We the (wise pistol packin') people" are the police officers of and for the wise minority. For those like the libertarians or those who knew there were no WMD's or opposed the Patriot Act, those who wanted to audit the Fed, those who don't want undeclared wars and everyone else who falls between.

It feels like the chess board is being assembled and a philosophical and political match is about to be played out. There are a lot of good folks who are disappointed with the direction the Republic or the Democracy is moving in. Non of them truly get satisfaction and get zero representation politically and are often at odds ideologically with the TPTB. These are the ones I trust with your sacred founding documents and 2nd A.

I really don't care what those ones choose to have in their locked gun cabinets.

Your course ultimately affects the trends of surrounding aligned countries. Too bad Ron Paul wasn't in charge of this mess.

good luck with it....

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." (Second Amendment, The United States Constitution)

"Shall not be infringed"- What part of that is hard to understand? It does not matter what state on is in, we have the right "to keep and bear arms", "bear arms", is that not self-explanatory? If it is here ya go, we have the right to carry guns whenever and wherever in the United States we so choose and this not to be changed or taken away for or by any means. The main purpose of this amendment is to give us, the people, a way to always be able to defend against the government. If one so chooses not to act upon this right, they may not act to take this right away from another, "shall not be infringed". So, to the anti-gun lobbyists, remember one thing, "shall not be infringed".

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SPACEYstranger
The first few pages of this thread were amazing to read... some of you people are nuts.

I agree.
All of those people arguing to take away or restrict guns are nuts.

edit on 1/15/2013 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join