Portland residents panic as men armed with assault weapons ‘educate’ the city

page: 3
18
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by Indigo5
 


I envision a world where people arent hyper-paranoid morons and posses a modicum of threat identification ability.

We go through this all the time here in "open carry" country.


Children and folks that are not from "open carry" country should not be forced to gamble with "threat identification" abilities and expected to discern who is crazy and who is not.


Originally posted by thisguyrighthereIf no one is threatening you with it and you're still wetting yourself all I can suggest is man the # up.


No offense...but that is some idiotic logic with a bit of emotional baiting tossed in with hopes of obfuscating the BS premise.

Simply carrying a weapon openly is a threat in a near limitless number of scenarios....schools, airplanes, court buildings, crowded theaters...

The assumption that everyone should place thier faith and lives of thier children in the hands of the purportedly unfailling mental sanity of every legal gun owner is simply ridiculous.

And the demand that all of America simply accomodate and adapt to that threat to appease gun-enthusiasts will be met with an equally unrational response until the NRA and thier supporters enter into a rational discussion.

I have already traded posts on this thread with one owner of an AR-15 who fantasizes about watching crowds of people flee in terror...or as he calls them "mindless drones".

Not buying your premise that gun owners by definition are rational, nor that America as a whole should assume the same.

Anyone walked into my childs classroom with an AR-15 to prove a point, I'd have no issue with a cop shooting first and asking questions later.




posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pedro4077

Originally posted by BlowinSmoke
Cops walk down the street all the time, with assault weapons. How come no one is afraid then? Does wearing a uniform with badge make you better than or "saner" than your Average Joe? Cops are even more dangerous because at any moment, that "good cop" could just snap and start shooting. But, if he kills a few people in the process, no biggie. The department he works for will just suspend him, with pay!


Sorry no comparison. Cops with guns is reassuring to the majority of the general public.


LMAO to WHOM?

How many friggin instances this last year did we see of cops , swat officers, and other law enforcement, shooting, raiding, and beating innocent people?

seriously?



posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
As I see it.
The rifle is band now.
as a Cop will shoot you!
so much for the 2 amendment...



posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
Children and folks that are not from "open carry" country should not be forced to gamble with "threat identification" abilities and expected to discern who is crazy and who is not.


Right. Like they dont all day everyday anyway when crossing the street, walking to the corner store, answering the door, etc.... People arent stupid and we shouldnt be making excuses that encourage habits of stupidity.




Simply carrying a weapon openly is a threat in a near limitless number of scenarios....schools, airplanes, court buildings, crowded theaters...


That's just insane. I dont even know how to respond that. Do you shudder with fright at the sight of a parked car? It could start rolling and crush you without warning you know.


Not buying your premise that gun owners by definition are rational, nor that America as a whole should assume the same.


Maybe it's my fault. Maybe I'm giving people too much credit because obviously there are a lot of paranoid lunatics out there who run screaming at the sight of a hunk of metal hanging inanimately.


Anyone walked into my childs classroom with an AR-15 to prove a point, I'd have no issue with a cop shooting first and asking questions later.


And that's a whole sack of "what's wrong with this world" right there.



posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by Indigo5
 


I envision a world where people arent hyper-paranoid morons and posses a modicum of threat identification ability.

We go through this all the time here in "open carry" country.


Children and folks that are not from "open carry" country should not be forced to gamble with "threat identification" abilities and expected to discern who is crazy and who is not.


Originally posted by thisguyrighthereIf no one is threatening you with it and you're still wetting yourself all I can suggest is man the # up.


No offense...but that is some idiotic logic with a bit of emotional baiting tossed in with hopes of obfuscating the BS premise.

Simply carrying a weapon openly is a threat in a near limitless number of scenarios....schools, airplanes, court buildings, crowded theaters...

The assumption that everyone should place thier faith and lives of thier children in the hands of the purportedly unfailling mental sanity of every legal gun owner is simply ridiculous.

And the demand that all of America simply accomodate and adapt to that threat to appease gun-enthusiasts will be met with an equally unrational response until the NRA and thier supporters enter into a rational discussion.

I have already traded posts on this thread with one owner of an AR-15 who fantasizes about watching crowds of people flee in terror...or as he calls them "mindless drones".

Not buying your premise that gun owners by definition are rational, nor that America as a whole should assume the same.

Anyone walked into my childs classroom with an AR-15 to prove a point, I'd have no issue with a cop shooting first and asking questions later.


your such a propagand spewer. I never said i "fantasized", I told you it was legal and i wanted to do it but chose not to. I would not be laughing at there fear of me. I would be laughing at how uneducated they are. but again it was a 1/2 a second thought. clearly there are better ways to do things i guess

you come up with these far out scenarios of random people walking into class rooms with guns? Where does this come from? A rational gun owner would not do that.

Im not buying that gun grabers like yourself are rational. You see, us "NRA" folk cherish life. Yes, us bible thumping gun toting NRA members cherish life. We believe in the second amendment so we can defend that life, not attack it. you gun grabers hate life. you want to take guns away from the defenders so only the crazy nut jobs have guns.
edit on 11-1-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)
edit on 11-1-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere
 






your such a propagand spewer. I never said i "fantasized", I told you it was legal and i wanted to do it but chose not to.



That's called a fantasy.....


dictionary.reference.com...

edit on 11-1-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12
reply to post by thisguyrighthere
 






your such a propagand spewer. I never said i "fantasized", I told you it was legal and i wanted to do it but chose not to.



That's called a fantasy.....


dictionary.reference.com...

edit on 11-1-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)


Thinking is logic, fantasy is an impulse and a play out of scenarios that you can’t do in real life.

So i was thinking.
edit on 11-1-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere


Simply carrying a weapon openly is a threat in a near limitless number of scenarios....schools, airplanes, court buildings, crowded theaters...


That's just insane. I dont even know how to respond that. Do you shudder with fright at the sight of a parked car? It could start rolling and crush you without warning you know.


Insane?...did you just equate a parked car as an equal threat as someone carrying and AR-15 onto an airplane?


Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Not buying your premise that gun owners by definition are rational, nor that America as a whole should assume the same.


Maybe it's my fault. Maybe I'm giving people too much credit because obviously there are a lot of paranoid lunatics out there who run screaming at the sight of a hunk of metal hanging inanimately.


Thanks for acknowledging there ARE a lot of "lunatics" out there...now please explain why you are suggesting they be able to carry ARs everywhere they go.



posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by olaru12
reply to post by thisguyrighthere
 






your such a propagand spewer. I never said i "fantasized", I told you it was legal and i wanted to do it but chose not to.



That's called a fantasy.....


dictionary.reference.com...

edit on 11-1-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)


Thinking is logic, fantasy is an impulse and a play out of scenarios that you can’t do in real life.

So i was thinking.
edit on 11-1-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)


The "fantasy" was about wanting to scare the "libs" and see them run from you.....





Man it would be funny to see all the crazy libs running around in fear but again i would not do it on the count of me getting shot by uneducated cops that dont know the law.


That kind of talk isn't doing us responsible gun owners any favors btw! And insulting LEOs...

I might be considered a liberal but I also have a ccw and I'm a deputy Sheriff. Careful what you wish for and be very careful when categorizing people; they might just surprise you!
edit on 11-1-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere


Simply carrying a weapon openly is a threat in a near limitless number of scenarios....schools, airplanes, court buildings, crowded theaters...


That's just insane. I dont even know how to respond that. Do you shudder with fright at the sight of a parked car? It could start rolling and crush you without warning you know.


Insane?...did you just equate a parked car as an equal threat as someone carrying and AR-15 onto an airplane?


Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Not buying your premise that gun owners by definition are rational, nor that America as a whole should assume the same.


Maybe it's my fault. Maybe I'm giving people too much credit because obviously there are a lot of paranoid lunatics out there who run screaming at the sight of a hunk of metal hanging inanimately.


Thanks for acknowledging there ARE a lot of "lunatics" out there...now please explain why you are suggesting they be able to carry ARs everywhere they go.



The problem is the sight of a gun scares you and your paranoid over it. you see a guy with a gun on his back or holstered and you think hes coming to get you. Nothing is going to change that fact.

because of your paranoia and a hand full of people being killed a year from rifles, sandy hook was 9mm hand guns, you think the rest of us should give up our right to defend ourselfs and counrty.



posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5
 


You said in another thread that weapon owners were the scared ones.........changing the tune now? Now were scaring everyone else?


well then...........if you are so worried about those darn evil gun carriers being a threat.........


Go get a Concealed carry permit...........



posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

your such a propagand spewer. I never said i "fantasized", I told you it was legal and i wanted to do it but chose not to.


Hi-lights from your rant..


Originally posted by camaro68ss

I had the thought of walking on the street of down town San Francisco with my AR-15 strapped to my back, unloaded of course. Just to educate people.

..........

Man it would be funny to see all the crazy libs running around in fear


.........

Ill call them drones, mindless drones.

...

Yeah it would be funny! seeing a bunch of people freaking out

...

there brainless drones,




Originally posted by camaro68ss
you come up with these far out scenarios of random people walking into class rooms with guns? Where does this come from? A rational gun owner would not do that.


Yes...Someone walking into a classroom with an AR-15 is a "far out scenario"...


Originally posted by camaro68ssA rational gun owner would not do that.


How about an irrational gun owner??

Or does everyone who purchases a gun instantly become rational? I am sure James Holmes imagines himself as "rational"....along with thousands of other wack-a-doodles.

Not much logic here...maybe go back to screaming about how the "brown shirts" are going to take away the guns!!

You are entitled to your paranoid fantasies, but the rest of the country is not required to suffer from those paranoid delusions.



posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by Indigo5
 


You said in another thread that weapon owners were the scared ones.........changing the tune now? Now were scaring everyone else?



Never said any such thing? Maybe you misunderstood? Please point me to the post.



posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by olaru12
reply to post by thisguyrighthere
 






your such a propagand spewer. I never said i "fantasized", I told you it was legal and i wanted to do it but chose not to.



That's called a fantasy.....


dictionary.reference.com...

edit on 11-1-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)


Thinking is logic, fantasy is an impulse and a play out of scenarios that you can’t do in real life.

So i was thinking.
edit on 11-1-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)


The "fantasy" was about wanting to scare the "libs" and see them run from you.....





Man it would be funny to see all the crazy libs running around in fear but again i would not do it on the count of me getting shot by uneducated cops that dont know the law.


I might be considered a liberal but I also have a ccw and I'm a deputy Sheriff. Careful what you wish for and be very careful when categorizing people; they might just surprise you!
edit on 11-1-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)
edit on 11-1-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)


I was categorizing the libs that live in SF. if you live there then i guess you got me.

so are you for taking our guns away officer or do you belive in the 2nd amendment?



posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask
 


Seems that whoever is supposed to be the fearful ones changes with the tone of the discussion.

One of those "everyone is whatever I need them to be to make my point" kind of things.



posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by Indigo5
 


You said in another thread that weapon owners were the scared ones.........changing the tune now? Now were scaring everyone else?



Never said any such thing? Maybe you misunderstood? Please point me to the post.


You just did not two minutes ago.

You said the people without the guns are afraid something will happen then you flipped it and said the people who have the guns have them because they are afraid of something.



posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

The problem is the sight of a gun scares you and your paranoid over it. you see a guy with a gun on his back or holstered and you think hes coming to get you. Nothing is going to change that fact.

because of your paranoia and a hand full of people being killed a year from rifles, sandy hook was 9mm hand guns, you think the rest of us should give up our right to defend ourselfs and counrty.



Not sure what to say beyond you are simply wrong on every count? I think I am done debating with you as you don't seem well grounded in reality, nor interested in being so?

I own guns BTW...never thought it would be funny to wave them down a city street and see who runs.

Nor am I of the paranoid crowd who thinks the Gov. is going to kick in my door and take my guns...



posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss









I was categorizing the libs that live in SF. if you live there then i guess you got me.

so are you for taking our guns away officer or do you belive in the 2nd amendment?


I support the 2nd amendment for people responsible enough to own and carry a weapon.

I'm not sure you qualify.



posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by camaro68ss

your such a propagand spewer. I never said i "fantasized", I told you it was legal and i wanted to do it but chose not to.


Hi-lights from your rant..


Originally posted by camaro68ss

I had the thought of walking on the street of down town San Francisco with my AR-15 strapped to my back, unloaded of course. Just to educate people.

..........

Man it would be funny to see all the crazy libs running around in fear


.........

Ill call them drones, mindless drones.

...

Yeah it would be funny! seeing a bunch of people freaking out

...

there brainless drones,




Originally posted by camaro68ss
you come up with these far out scenarios of random people walking into class rooms with guns? Where does this come from? A rational gun owner would not do that.


Yes...Someone walking into a classroom with an AR-15 is a "far out scenario"...


Originally posted by camaro68ssA rational gun owner would not do that.


How about an irrational gun owner??

Or does everyone who purchases a gun instantly become rational? I am sure James Holmes imagines himself as "rational"....along with thousands of other wack-a-doodles.

Not much logic here...maybe go back to screaming about how the "brown shirts" are going to take away the guns!!

You are entitled to your paranoid fantasies, but the rest of the country is not required to suffer from those paranoid delusions.


ok so we are now talking about the mind of the owner of those guns. crazy people should not have guns, so do we take all the guns away because a crazy person shots up a school? Or do we keep crazy people from getting guns?
edit on 11-1-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
behellocks to the reasons and soutions, all this gun protest stuff just makes the US look bat5hit crazy


cant help thinking that some dudes over there have a massive boner for guns, regardless of their many responsible and practicle uses.





new topics
top topics
 
18
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join