Portland residents panic as men armed with assault weapons ‘educate’ the city

page: 2
18
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pedro4077

Originally posted by BlowinSmoke
Cops walk down the street all the time, with assault weapons. How come no one is afraid then? Does wearing a uniform with badge make you better than or "saner" than your Average Joe? Cops are even more dangerous because at any moment, that "good cop" could just snap and start shooting. But, if he kills a few people in the process, no biggie. The department he works for will just suspend him, with pay!


Sorry no comparison. Cops with guns is reassuring to the majority of the general public.

That comment....says it all! I guess people have become comfortable and "safe" with the KNOWN bad guys protecting them. We'll see what happens to the majority...when TPTB use those very people...that "reassure" you, to confiscate your weapons.

BTW...what's the old saying, about deserving neither liberty nor security? I forget...




posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
I live in the bay area and its not illegal to walk down the streat with a gun that is longer then 16 inches in full view or canceled as long as its unloaded but the gun MUST be longer then 16 inches. I had the thought of walking on the street of down town San Francisco with my AR-15 strapped to my back, unloaded of course. Just to educate people. Then i thought of all the crazy cops around here that shoot first then ask questions and i dismissed that notion.

Man it would be funny to see all the crazy libs running around in fear
but again i would not do it on the count of me getting shot by uneducated cops that dont know the law.
edit on 11-1-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)


The sheep have been well trained by their sheep-traininers.

To wet their little sheep pants and pass out if they see a gggggg-GUN!


CX

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by CX
 


I cannot speak for all states, but in NC you can carry openly, without a permit, but to carry concealed, you must have a permit. So anybody could theoretically, walk down the street with two six shooters strapped to their waist and it would be legal. (not a great idea, but legal)


Thank you for the explanation, much appreciated.


CX.



posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111
 


I live in portland...

Pretty sure I recognize one of those guys from a local guns forum that I was on... so many years ago! Looks like he's lost weight, but prolly same guy.

The guy has a habit of showing off his AR15 in public, and having the cops called on him. Not really surprised, since the local cops apparently knew him by name by the time one of his later stories was finished.

One of his stories entailed him sitting out infront of K-Mart smoking a cigarette and holding a rifle in his lap.
And also open carrying a holstered handgun in a plaid pantry to where the clerk (or owner) felt threatened and called the police.

I think he also tried to carry a fully loaded 1911 clip into Jury Duty, at which point he recieved an e-mail from the sheriff threatening to revoke his CC Permit if they got anymore stupid reports about him.

I know some of these guys, they don't have much going on and proving their gun rights is all they have. Stunts like this are going to lead to none of us having them.



posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad Also if I saw these guys walking down my streets like that I most likely would have put them down. Hey stand your ground law, two armed men walking my way, how was I suppose to know they were educating.


Because the fact that they are armed doesn't make them a threat... I carry a firearm ever day everywhere I go I am not a threat to people. Neither are these guys.

People are just conditioned to think citizen with a weapon = threat.

I don't really agree with their technique but I support their intent.

Here is some interesting information from the article I read. The police chief agreed that they have the right to open carry a weapon in the city and to concealed carry with a permit. However, he indicated that them doing so results in unnecessary calls and their responses which ties up city resources.

Then he goes on to say that even though it’s legal that he encourages citizens to call 911 whenever they see someone with a firearm.

So he is on one hand admitting they are doing absolutely nothing wrong but rather than explaining to the persons who call 911 what the law is so that they will not overreact ever time they see an armed civilian he is feeding the fear and wasting his own resources by encouraging the people to call 911 every time.

Sounds like he wants people to fear guns and be ignorant of the law to me - perhaps he has an agenda?

Perhaps he is just a poor steward of the public trust - encouraging frivolous calls and wasting officers’ time dealing with people who are exercising a right. Lets waste time and money responding to things that are scary... Perhaps we should call them when we fear the dark.

www.foxnews.com...
edit on 11/1/2013 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
This is mentally retarded, on purpose.

I know a few gun owners in my area, and the one's I associate with are reasonable grown up's who don't make their firearms the central focus of their existence.

People that do aren't worth knowing. I feel the same way about grown men in AFFLICTION tee-shirts (outside of a match) and 40 year old's who go out of their way to show off their ugly tattoos.

Grow up.



posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Man it would be funny to see all the crazy libs running around in fear
but again i would not do it on the count of me getting shot by uneducated cops that dont know the law.
edit on 11-1-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)


(A) It would not be just "Libs" running around in fear. It would be conservatives two...some with small children still trying to cope with what there friends told them about Newtown.

(B) The very fact that you think it would be "funny" to terrorize innocent families just furthers the case that many who own ARs are not mentally fit to do so.

Evidently you have egomaniac tendancies combined with a potentially sociapathic disposition...finding humor and satisfaction in your fantasy scenario of walking down a public street with an Assualt Rifle watching women and children panic and flee in fear.


Im sorry, Ill call them drones, mindless drones. I take it you’ve never been to SF. Its full of smug people that are rude and don’t care for life. They have the lowest birth rate in the state and have no touch what so ever of reality.

Yeah it would be funny! seeing a bunch of people freaking out because they have no clue what the law is because they care more for the Grammys and American idle then there country.

there brainless drones, god forbid the supermarket runs out of food or water stops coming out of the sink, they would starve to death.

An AR- is not an Assualt rifle Geniuses,

Evidently your droned out view of the world combined with your sheepish, smug remarks will get you killed. The world is a dangerous place, depression and tyranny are marching our way and its time for people to wake up.

now carry on with you normal CNN, MSNBC brodcast
edit on 11-1-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

Originally posted by MrSpad Also if I saw these guys walking down my streets like that I most likely would have put them down. Hey stand your ground law, two armed men walking my way, how was I suppose to know they were educating.


Because the fact that they are armed doesn't make them a threat... I carry a firearm ever day everywhere I go I am not a threat to people. Neither are these guys.

People are just conditioned to think citizen with a weapon = threat.

I don't really agree with their technique but I support their intent.

Here is some interesting information from the article I read. The police chief agreed that they have the right to open carry a weapon in the city and to concealed carry with a permit. However, he indicated that them doing so results in unnecessary calls and their responses which ties up city resources.

Then he goes on to say that even though it’s legal that he encourages citizens to call 911 whenever they see someone with a firearm.

So he is on one hand admitting they are doing absolutely nothing wrong but rather than explaining to the persons who call 911 what the law is so that they will not overreact ever time they see an armed civilian he is feeding the fear and wasting his own resources by encouraging the people to call 911 every time.

Sounds like he wants people to fear guns and be ignorant of the law to me - perhaps he has an agenda?

Perhaps he is just a poor steward of the public trust - encouraging frivolous calls and wasting officers’ time dealing with people who are exercising a right. Lets waste time and money responding to things that are scary... Perhaps we should call them when we fear the dark.

www.foxnews.com...
edit on 11/1/2013 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)


Odds are anytime you see someone walking down the street carrying an assualt rifle that nothing good is coming of it. Run and hide or shoot them first, eitther way odds are you just saved youself. And if instead a couple of innocent gun lovers are put down? Well I have a right to my gun and right to defend myself from what I saw as a threat. And if they really were gun lovers they would understand that.



posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Pity they don't require a Certificate in Common Sense to go along with those CCW licenses!

There's a time and a place for everything, and "now" is not the time.

Reckless behavior.

edit on 11/1/2013 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad
 


No its not odds are, cops walk with guns all the time. odds are there going to kill someone because they have a gun? NO!



posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam
Pity they don't require a Certificate in Common Sense to go along with those CCW licenses!

There's a time and a place for everything, and "now" is not the time.

Reckless behavior.

edit on 11/1/2013 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)


its a free county, let them carry!

The problem is your all scared of guns as if its a monster coming to get you. 99 out of 100 times all gun haters have never shot a gun to understand how it works.

better look out, its coming to magical start walking and get you....
edit on 11-1-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

Odds are anytime you see someone walking down the street carrying an assualt rifle that nothing good is coming of it. Run and hide or shoot them first, eitther way odds are you just saved youself. And if instead a couple of innocent gun lovers are put down? Well I have a right to my gun and right to defend myself from what I saw as a threat. And if they really were gun lovers they would understand that.


That's pretty ridiculous right there.

Who cares what somebody has slung over their shoulder? Your life isnt in any danger until that muzzle comes down to a horizontal plane.

If you honestly think shooting some guy for having a rifle over his shoulder is acceptable maybe you shouldnt be carrying yourself.



posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
In a way it gives a sense of what could happen when we're stripped of our defense



posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
Im sorry, Ill call them drones, mindless drones. I take it you’ve never been to SF.


Been there dozens of times...and every effed up shooter in the news first dehumanizes those he is going to kill.

Again...

Originally posted by Indigo5
Evidently you have egomaniac tendancies combined with a potentially sociapathic disposition...finding humor and satisfaction in your fantasy scenario of walking down a public street with an Assualt Rifle watching women and children panic and flee in fear.



Originally posted by camaro68ss
Yeah it would be funny! seeing a bunch of people freaking out because they have no clue what the law is because they care more for the Grammys and American idle then there country.


You imagine you can walk down a city street and discern what everyone cares about? And deride joy and find humor in terrorizing those same strangers with an AR-15...?


Originally posted by Indigo5
Evidently you have egomaniac tendancies combined with a potentially sociapathic disposition...finding humor and satisfaction in your fantasy scenario of walking down a public street with an Assualt Rifle watching women and children panic and flee in fear.


You are unqualified to own any gun, and every post furthers the case for stricter regulation on who is able to purchase one.



posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by camaro68ss
Im sorry, Ill call them drones, mindless drones. I take it you’ve never been to SF.


Been there dozens of times...and every effed up shooter in the news first dehumanizes those he is going to kill.

Again...

Originally posted by Indigo5
Evidently you have egomaniac tendancies combined with a potentially sociapathic disposition...finding humor and satisfaction in your fantasy scenario of walking down a public street with an Assualt Rifle watching women and children panic and flee in fear.



Originally posted by camaro68ss
Yeah it would be funny! seeing a bunch of people freaking out because they have no clue what the law is because they care more for the Grammys and American idle then there country.


You imagine you can walk down a city street and discern what everyone cares about? And deride joy and find humor in terrorizing those same strangers with an AR-15...?


Originally posted by Indigo5
Evidently you have egomaniac tendancies combined with a potentially sociapathic disposition...finding humor and satisfaction in your fantasy scenario of walking down a public street with an Assualt Rifle watching women and children panic and flee in fear.


You are unqualified to own any gun, and every post furthers the case for stricter regulation on who is able to purchase one.


So calling the ill informed sheep makes me a killer? owning a gun makes me a killer?

edit on 11-1-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)
edit on 11-1-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

If you honestly think shooting some guy for having a rifle over his shoulder is acceptable maybe you shouldnt be carrying yourself.


Hmmm. If a civilian/stranger walks into a grade school tomorrow with an AR-15 over thier shoulder, and one of the NRA's suggested armed guards is present, would you prefer that guard wait for the civilian to level and aim thier weapon before the guard draws his? How do you see these scenarios playing out? Ditto public playgrounds? City streets? Is there some special way for children to tell the crazy guy with an AR-15 from the law abiding gun-enthusiast? Or is it the NRA's view that everybody just accustom their children to seeing armed men roving the streets? Just curious what you envision.



posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5
 


I envision a world where people arent hyper-paranoid morons and posses a modicum of threat identification ability.

We go through this all the time here in "open carry" country.

It isnt a threat until someone is threatening you with it. If no one is threatening you with it and you're still wetting yourself all I can suggest is man the # up.

BTW, I love the "civilian" qualifier. As if putting on BDU's makes it all better.
edit on 11-1-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

If you honestly think shooting some guy for having a rifle over his shoulder is acceptable maybe you shouldnt be carrying yourself.


Hmmm. If a civilian/stranger walks into a grade school tomorrow with an AR-15 over thier shoulder, and one of the NRA's suggested armed guards is present, would you prefer that guard wait for the civilian to level and aim thier weapon before the guard draws his? How do you see these scenarios playing out? Ditto public playgrounds? City streets? Is there some special way for children to tell the crazy guy with an AR-15 from the law abiding gun-enthusiast? Or is it the NRA's view that everybody just accustom their children to seeing armed men roving the streets? Just curious what you envision.


I think you need to worry about cars, heart attacks, and booze. These seem to kill people 100x more then those evil guns.

do you really think banning AR-15 would stop AR-15 attacks?

Yeap, that law works real well in mexico



posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111
 


these are not assault rifles..........these are regular rifles.........

These are hunting caliber rifles with a dif stock on them........

There is no difference..........

Stop the propaganda



posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad
 


unless these guys were hired to do this............

Just saying.............





new topics
top topics
 
18
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join