It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Military On "High Alert" After It Scrambles Fighter Jets To "Counter" Japanese Jets

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You give the Chinese way to much credit.

2nd.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

All you are doing is giving one side of the argument! What about all the competing claims from all the other Governments, what, they don't count. This is not a simple claim as much as you seem to want it to be.

P

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

All you are doing is giving one side of the argument! What about all the competing claims from all the other Governments, what, they don't count. This is not a simple claim as much as you seem to want it to be.

P

Great. Show me Japanese official state maps showing the islands as Chinese territory. I will wait for it.

I am sorry you are not in possession of the facts. It is simple. China recognized these as Japanese for 70 years. Then resources were found, and China then claimed them. I offered CHINA's position as evidence, not Japan's position.
edit on 12-1-2013 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
WW 1and 2 happened for the sake of recorded history.
Wonder if it is a similar situation starting.
Go figure

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Screw China, they are itching for a war... Why wait? Lets get it on!!!

China needs to lay off. their country is 50x's larger in land mass then the japan...

We have a base right their in japan to take out china. They would be laid to rest..
edit on 13-1-2013 by gangdumstyle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
My personal opinion is that while Japan is nursing a massive hole in it's national territory that Fukushima created for natural ability to live in, they need to focus on THAT and not starting a war with a nation that can stomp them into pieces of bait to go fishing with...and no even break stride in the process.

I know it's almost world sport these days to make fun of China and Russia as backward and primitive and that MAY have been accurate 10-15 years ago in China's case, but it shows the lack of timely education on recent events to assume that now. They've literally moved mountains and stopped mighty rivers in their drive to be the biggest and best in every measurable category...on pretty much everything.

China also has a BURNING hatred for the Japanese if conflict is the topic. This isn't like two nations in another place where they just have a common issue to bicker over. These two also have that underlying deep deep deep issue that..sadly.. Japanese people apparently don't even GET educated on in school for it being outside "Politically Correct".

I'd say Japan needs to stop pushing before they get pushed BACK and right off their chair. Then the U.S. has to get into this crap by treaty obligation and fight their little battle for them.
. The US ought to bill them every penny if we are stuck on doing anything of the sort.

Seriously, the article posted is clearly Chinese propaganda (only China uses that name for the Senkaku Islands). The Islands clearly belong to Japan. China would never start a confrontation with Japan as they have zero chance to win. The US is obligated to defend Japan, and would do so with the full might of the US military which would crush China in weeks. Russia would not engage, and if they did, both of them would be destroyed in months. What Navy does China have?

Here is evidence relating to the islands ownership.

In the 1920's, Chinese Consul Feng Mien wrote a letter which the Japanese have on display that list the Senkaku islands as being part of the Empire of Japan.

1953, The People's Daily (communist part controlled paper so it's official) states the islands are Japanese.

In 1965, The Grand Atlas of the World Vol. 1 (Chinese) lists the Senkaku islands as being Japanese.

In 1969 the official PRC map lists Senkaku as being Japanese.
www.washingtontimes.com...

Recently Lee Teng-hui, the former President of Republic of China stated the Senkaku islands were Japanese (which is what his whole generation grew up believing).

You're obviously an American citizen and you probably vote Republican (right?) because only an American would believe the rubbish you're spewing here. China is the only country in the world that has successfully build a missile capable of destroying a aircraft carrier, and you believe China will be crushed in matters of weeks by the US military, Where do you come up with this stuff?

This what a Chinese poorly equipped army did to your country then and i bet there was people like you around then who thought America been a superpower would destroy China in matter of weeks.

www.youtube.com...

Pentagon also to this day can not break Chinese encryption codes, while the Chinese break American codes with ease every day. This video is a bit over dramatic, but its genuine showing of the Chinese military of today and for me clearly shows you're been unrealistic about the military strengths of other countries outside the United
States.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Backfire

You're obviously an American citizen and you probably vote Republican (right?) because only an American would believe the rubbish you're spewing here. China is the only country in the world that has successfully build a missile capable of destroying a aircraft carrier, and you believe China will be crushed in matters of weeks by the US military, Where do you come up with this stuff?

This what a Chinese poorly equipped army did to your country then and i bet there was people like you around then who thought America been a superpower would destroy China in matter of weeks.

www.youtube.com...

Pentagon also to this day can not break Chinese encryption codes, while the Chinese break American codes with ease every day. This video is a bit over dramatic, but its genuine showing of the Chinese military of today and for me clearly shows you're been unrealistic about the military strengths of other countries outside the United
States.
www.youtube.com...

What carrier has this missile ever killed? It's great to make claims, it is not so great when you have to prove them. Here is my claim. America has a death ray that instantly wipes out any foreign military. I don't need to show the death ray in action, it will do what I say, trust me.

The korean war has no bearing on a war with China. It was more of an occupation than a war, and you could draw paralells from the war in Afghanistan and Iraq, where we are not at war with the nation, only a segment of it. A war with China would be much like WWI and II where the whole country is a target. What factories did Korea have to bomb? What was the goal? How does that in any way mimic a war with a country like China? Regardless of how much success we had in Korea, they had zero means to project their forces onto American soil, exactly like China. If China ends up like North Korea I call that a win.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join