It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky Sheriff to Obama: No Gun Control in My County

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarKPenguiN
I havta laugh at this-

Having lived in KY (Laurel Co.) I have to say it is the biggest Police State "commonwealth" in the nation... Sure, you can buy guns without even an ID or background check ("Flea markets" with "private sellers" are actually open air Gun markets) BUT Dancing is Illegal in many places (Laurel County for instance) and its a "moist" county (meaning only BARS can serve Booze and no "take out" meaning you have to DRIVE to have a drink unless you pick up small amounts from other countys and bring it back home- BUT you can be charged with "bootlegging" if you surpass the small amount allowed)- OH and Random Checkpoints everywhere, Random stops to run warrant checks if you are walking around, etc, etc, etc...)

Now, that said- I agree with the Sheriff, BUT KY is already a Police State where Law abiding adults are treated like Criminals and you are "guilty" until proven innocent.

Terrible State and thank God I am not there any longer-
I have lived in KY for 38 years and I've NEVER hit a random checkpoint or a random stop to run a warrant check.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by exitusstatuquo

Good for him! it looks like Sheriff Mack's decade long campaign to educate county Sheriffs is starting to pay off.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by exitusstatuquo
Kentucky Sheriff to Obama: No Gun Control in My County

Jackson County Kentucky Sheriff Denny Peyman is making it clear that no law that violates the Constitution will be upheld in his county.

I sure like reading this kind of article.This is a stand up fellow in my opinion. I think I will forward this link to my county sheriff. and see how much of a stand up guy he is as well. I encourage others to do the same. Send this link to your local sheriff and see how he responds and then come back to the thread with your reports.

Oh my God.

I want to find this man and hug him.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I graduated from Murray State, great school, but i remember if you wanted to buy some beer for home you had to drive to the TN border to this tiny little drive thru shack in the middle of nowhere on the border. The guy who owned that must be a millionaire by now with a school of 10,000 down the road lol. I remember one year Murray Police set up checkpoints all over town saying everyone had to have a "city Sticker" on their car which was $50 if you didnt it was an $80 additional fine. Most college students from out of town had no idea about that law which was pretty lame.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by coosta5k
I graduated from Murray State, great school, but i remember if you wanted to buy some beer for home you had to drive to the TN border to this tiny little drive thru shack in the middle of nowhere on the border. The guy who owned that must be a millionaire by now with a school of 10,000 down the road lol. I remember one year Murray Police set up checkpoints all over town saying everyone had to have a "city Sticker" on their car which was $50 if you didnt it was an $80 additional fine. Most college students from out of town had no idea about that law which was pretty lame.
Murray is wet now, they voted it in last year. My county on the other hand is still dry. We tried to vote it wet, but lost by a narrow margin.

Never heard of the sticker thing though....
edit on 15-1-2013 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
So he supports illicit images of children? I mean it's free speech after all. Posession and distributing that is. Not making. How bout nukes for the people too? Those amendments have been adjusted to modern times for good reasons.

Yea they are being "ajusted" as we slouch deeper into decay. Its no wonder that guns need to be "controled" with all the crooks running things out there.

Not a time in history to be giving up rights. Certainly not to someone who sees 2nd amendment types as clingers to gun and bibles. Remember that bigoted coment?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by kawika
reply to post by nihonjin

Japan was disarmed many years ago. What they ended up doing is developing martial arts with bare feet and fists, maybe a farm implement or two. I would not say those people are not armed, they do not have guns,or swords, but they are certainly armed and as dangerous as someone with a metal weapon if they get close to you.

Do you really think everyone in Japan knows karate? Actually, there's probably a higher rate of people that know karate in the US than they do in Japan. I see quite a lot of karate schools for kids in the US, I live a few block from one, but I've never seen a single one in Japan. Also, they didn't "develop" hand-to-hand combat after WWII and disarmament, they've had hand-to-hand combat techniques for millenia.

Originally posted by vor78

Originally posted by nihonjin
Firearms are *illegal* in Japan for everyone, except the military. Cops can't have guns, no civilian can have guns, nothing. Japan has the second lowest crime rate in the world. Coincidence? .

Probably.

Many of these countries would have low homicide rates even if you flooded the public with firearms. Its a difference of attitudes and cultures. Mexico and Russia have strict gun laws. What are their homicide rates? Canada has one of the highest rates of gun ownership in the world after the US. What is their homicide rate?

You see it here in the US, too. Several US states have homicide rates that are roughly in line with Western Europe, but have gun ownership rates as high as you'll find anywhere. And, of course, most of our cities have huge problems, despite having gun laws that are far more strict than the rural areas. Nationally, the homicide rate has dropped about 50% over the last 20 years, despite the fact that over 100 million new guns have been sold in the same time frame, most of which are probably handguns and 'assault' rifles.

The point is, in many cases...and its certainly true in the US...there is no direct correlation between gun ownership rates and the homicide rate.

The point is that the claim that a lot of pro-gun people, including the NRA make, that 'guns reduce violence' has no correlation with reality. I'm not suggesting that getting rid of guns is all that's needed to end violence, but the the facts on the ground, especially in Japan, disprove the the claims by the NRA et al. Besides the banning of guns, Japan also has one of the lowest unemployment rates in the developed, capitalist world, that of course helps too. Japanese culture is not inherently peaceful or nonviolent. The Japanese killed more Chinese civilians in the same time period than Nazis killed in the Holocaust. Japanese people and their culture are perfectly compatible with violence. What changed the violence was the change in the economy and the laws, not "culture." Culture is completely malleable, as Japanese history proves. If the Japanese can change their violent society into a peaceful one, so can America.

Regarding Mexico, the US Department of Justice studied the violence in Mexico, and 70% of the guns recovered from crime scenes are traceable to the USA.

en.wikipedia.org...

The former president of Mexico, Calderon pointed out that gun violence in places like Juarez skyrocketed after the American assault-weapon ban expired.

www.cnn.com...

Lastly, you claim that Canada has one of the highest gun ownership rates, and that's true in general, but they only have one third as many guns as the US has. Besides that, guns in Canada are highly regulated and they're very strict about who is allowed to have a gun, and what kinds of guns they can have. In other words, Canada has a fraction of the guns the US has, and Canadian guns have much less firepower (more hunting guns).

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 15-1-2013 by nihonjin because: added full quote

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Here is what happens when States pass gun control: I just read on MSN that the new York Gun law messed up, they did not provide an exclusion for cops, The NYPD are just like the citizens now they are not allowed to carry no more the 7 rounds in their pistols. I bet that gets a slurry started when they are used to carrying 15 round clips. This could get interesting real fast, seeing as the law is set to go into effect in march. The link: news.msn.com...

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join