It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greek journalists bombed over economic crisis reports

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

www.telegraph.co.uk

Five Greek journalists working for major media outlets have had their homes targeted by small makeshift bombs.

The attacks, made in the early hours of Friday by unknown assailants, are believed to be fuelled by discontent over the reporters' portrayal of the country's financial crisis.

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 1/11/2013 by semperfortis because: Copy the EXACT Headline

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Personally, I think lying to the public is going to be one of the most dangerous jobs available in the future.

If you go on Mainstream TV and lie people are going to be very angry indeed and you will inevitably be making you and your family a target.

When are these idiots ever going to learn that lying does not achieve anything.

www.telegraph.co.uk (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
The Greek have more balls than anyone in the western countries.

Good for them.

And soon enough this kind of stuff will come to all western countries. The shills in the MSM better get ready for some payback for all the lies and deceptions they have told over the years... making sure people stay ignorant while the banksters rob them and the government destroy the constitution.

A lot of people are gonna want some payback when they realize they've been lied to all these years, resulting in them being dirt poor and their country bankrupted.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Employees of satan need to be treated this way, truth over cash not vice versa.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Now say that does happen here in the states...... How quick do you think the reporters that have been spouting all the anti gun b.s., go and hire ARMED guards to protect them? I would pay to see that. Hahaha

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by lolita64

Agreed, it's just a matter of time

Hence why I keep hold of these and lots like em

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

One day ..............one day..........politicians ..........bankers.............it will come ............unless you come clean

Then

edit on 11-1-2013 by Neocrusader because: Added

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

What was their objection? Guess we'll never know.

Reminds me of this attack on a banker.

Most of these victims are low level scum. Instead, they should focus their efforts on the top guys, the Bilderbergers etc.

Although if they target enough minions, maybe the establishment will find it more difficult to spread their propaganda.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Wow, I guess people here are a bit uncivilized. Don't like what someone prints? Kill em all.

Just fabulous.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
Wow, I guess people here are a bit uncivilized. Don't like what someone prints? Kill em all.

Just fabulous.

Well what would you have done to the scum printing the ``jews are evil`` propaganda in Nazi Germany when the government protects them??

These bastards actions lead to the death of millions. And what the current MSM are doing right now will do the same thing.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by lolita64

Well what would you have done to the scum printing the ``jews are evil`` propaganda in Nazi Germany when the government protects them??

These bastards actions lead to the death of millions. And what the current MSM are doing right now will do the same thing.

How does reporting on the Greek economy lead to the death of millions? The article does not state the reporters were lying. It states the people who attacked them didn't like what they were saying. So you think you've got clearance to attack and possibly kill someone because you don't like what they are saying?

You broke Godwin's law fast.
edit on 11-1-2013 by antonia because: opps

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

There are plenty of people around here that talk a big game, but in reality almost none of them would ever resort to violence over anything other than an eminent threat to themselves or loved ones.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy
reply to post by antonia

There are plenty of people around here that talk a big game, but in reality almost none of them would ever resort to violence over anything other than an eminent threat to themselves or loved ones.

I agree with that sentiment mate, but the people in Greece are getting ever more desperate with the situation. When old men are publicly killing themselves because they refuse to live in debt any longer, it says a lot.

I believe violence is a last resort and should never really be used, but in a corrupt system like over there, I can almost understand the frustration, especially with the media.
edit on 11-1-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
First of all, journalism and main stream media don't belong in the same sentence.

And as to when they realize lying doesn't work. Who says it isn't working?

For the most part the public buys into the majority of what they hear in the media.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by lolita64

And soon enough this kind of stuff will come to all western countries.

It's a worrying and disturbing situation.

Reading some recent articles the situation in Greece is almost exactly the same as 1930s Germany.

We have have a far right fascist party (Golden Dawn) steadily gaining ascendancy and having skirmishes in the street with left-wing groups.

They're harassing migrants, leftists, homosexuals etc.

The articles I read you could change the words "Greek" to "German", "Golden Dawn" to "Nazi" and "migrants" to "Jew" and it seems frighteningly familiar.

The Greek Prime Minister recently warned that his country faced a very real possibility of a Weimar Republic style social collapse.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

and the EU still isnt even in full swing yet.....cant wait....

Sheesh...

"it is impossible for Hitler´s vision for Europe to be bad" they said...."what could happen" they asked...."it is a new era" they assured....

I cant wait for the EU army, police / security force and intelligence agency to emerge.....

edit on 11-1-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
sorry for the error
edit on Fri Jan 11 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by lolita64

Originally posted by antonia

Just fabulous.

Probably hte same thing as the people who post on here that jewish bankers, or bilderbergers, or any other illuminati/NWO fantasy are ruling the world etc.

Argue against it - that is what freedom of speech is about - yuo get to say nonsense, and I get to point out that it is nonsense.

See how it works?

Yawn.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
Argue against it - that is what freedom of speech is about - yuo get to say nonsense, and I get to point out that it is nonsense.

See how it works?

Unfortunately, I don't think the Nazis were interested in playing fair. Considering how many of their "legacy" moments in history revolve around removing political opposition, they would probably just kill you with the same bombs that you refuse to use on them.

Taking the moral high ground is all very well and good, but it relies on the fiction that everyone would be good and honourable if they only had the chance. Ghandi knew he could succeed against the British, but I bet he would have known better than to try it against the Russians or Chinese - either of whom would probably just bayoneted him and all of his supporters at the first sign of trouble.

new topics

top topics

join