It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the movie Avatar blow your mind? This will too...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

I have noticed, growing out of the bark, of large oak trees in central florida, thousands of miniature bioluminescent mushrooms, in certain months...

Does anyone know what these are? We found them, quite by accident, but they were extremely cool, very mesmerizing...

I wouldn't know, I looked and haven't found anything about bioluminescent mushrooms in Florida. Most of the species are from Brazil.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/co50f13f89.jpg[/atsimg]

The species Armillaria mellea is a variety of honey fungus that glows in the evening when it grows in rotting hardwood trees. This species causes root rot in a variety of plant species, so its glow is a part of the circle of life. Another type of fungi that emits light is found in Brazil.

There are over 33 bioluminescent mushroom species, and recently a number of new, highly bioluminescent mushroom species have been found in the Brazilian rain forest by Cassius Stevani’s University of São Paulo research team.

thelistcafe.com...

www.curiousexpeditions.org...

Perhaps there are other members that would know.

Interesting....I wonder if the fact that the site, was a military base, back in the 1940's may have something to do with it...There are quite a bit of unusual nighttime experiences that have been documented there. But, that is for a different thread...

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I enjoyed the movie, though it looked like a rain forrest. However, most interesting is the type of process going in, where a living organism is emitting light: Bioluminescence

If you were to compare this to sonoluminescence, and the star in a jar, or the pistol shrimp, for example, which involves an implosive caviation bubble that reaches the temperature of the sun's corona.

Now, not as much energy is going into this as is emitted.

In fact, it seems to have to do with sound.

Bioluminescence uses luminescence, cold light process, which still seems implosive, and wonder if its accoustic as well.

Well there is more than just sound that creates cold fusion or implosion, cavitation:

John Keely's laws of harmony (ie atomic pitch)
laws of atomic oscillation
variation of atomic pitch by temperature, by electricity and magnetism, by pressure

(so cavitation can occur with oscillation, temperature, magnetism, and pressure)

Friction heaters and water heaters such as Griggs, which is many holes in a rotor, and like the friction heating, has a moving cylindar inside another, creating alot of friction, aggitation.

Lots of things can create the alchemy, fusion.

Some of these creatures may exist with this ability built in, as instinct.

All of those things are instrinsic with oceans, and could produce the alchemy needed to emit light.

Also I imagine that they could use frequencies with their scalar towers and even submarines, to conduct experiments as well on cavitation.

edit on 12-1-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Biolumenescence is awesome. I didn't really have a clue about about it until I joined the Navy. Then I would spend most of my nights at sea on the smoke deck watching the ocean glow. The best I've seen was off the coast of Somalia, I think. The ocean was glowing more intense than usual and the Dolphins that were pacing the ship were causing the algae to light up as they went buy, leaving a trail, that was really cool!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Many a U.S. Carrier Pilot having a hard time finding the carrier years ago when electronics were not so advanced...used the Glowing Bio-Trail that the carrier was creating to find it when the carrier was Blacked Out during Wartime Missions.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Pretty epic, but I didn't find avatar too impressive. Too scientifically flawed.

But here, you see? Right and proper things. Reality is more impressive than fiction.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

saw this tonight on yahoo news and thought of you, would make a very interesting thread...

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

That's true. Jim Lovell, Apollo 13 astronaut, did a famous television interview where he described doing exactly that.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by dogstar23

Glad you enjoyed !

but that cave in N America, that I need to find, probably the most easily reachable of these for me (besides firefly/lighning bugs of course.) I want to see that IRL.

If you ever do, please, take pictures, get stories from the locals and make a thread about it, I am sure a lot of us would be totally awed.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Many a U.S. Carrier Pilot having a hard time finding the carrier years ago when electronics were not so advanced...used the Glowing Bio-Trail that the carrier was creating to find it when the carrier was Blacked Out during Wartime Missions.

Split Infinity

Very very interesting reply !

It does bring up a few questions. If we humans did this, used the bioluminescence factor to our benefit, could deep see life be using it as well as a benefit? And if it does, what are the benefits?

I could bet that if it exists, and we know it does, there's a purpose to it.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

Pretty epic, but I didn't find avatar too impressive. Too scientifically flawed.

But here, you see? Right and proper things. Reality is more impressive than fiction.

If scientific accuracy is the basis on which you judge Hollywood films, well, I am guessing you really don't enjoy Hollywood films. And consider also that people are turning to fiction because others are pissing on their reality.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
And they say: there is no God?
Eventually, we're gonna have to come to our senses. We're being played for fools! The more i see of Earth, the more i realize: there WAS a Creator! There HAS TO BE!

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonl1983

Fiction not based in scientific fact- if is is not fantasy- is just bad writing, in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

I agree.

The CGI in Avatar is/was so fake and overused. The CGI characters don't move even remotely believably. I tend to think CGI is a great tool in a movie if it's not overused. Like in Abyss or Terminator 2. If used in the right places it can look close to real. But otherwise its flaws become too obvious. Unlike a cartoon, CGI tries to look real. That's the problem. I even think Gollum was overdone in Lord of the Rings. Too much screen time. Better in my opinion to do a smaller number of scenes and to focus on improving the movement so it's more lifelike. But alas it's not the rule.

I've only seen small parts of it, but the characters seem stereotypical to me and the overall plot that I've heard from the media is unoriginal and basically torn from history as Cameron admitted.

I would like to see it in 3d because I've never done that. And without watching the whole movie I can't really be sure about what I think. These are just my impressions of it.

As for whether nature is more beautiful than Avatar all I have to say is that nature is every bit as ugly and pretty as we're. Depending on where you look, it'll make you happy or sad.
edit on 13-1-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

The Field of Bio-Mechanics and Biological Engineering is still in it's early stages. Still there are unlimited uses for such tech.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Y'all should look up the definition of the word Saeculum.

These movies and stories of the big bad profit seeker and the lowly native who refuses to be exploited repeat themselves throughout the course of all recorded history.

Also look up "The Forgetting",and I'm not tlking about Alzheimers.

Those who do not know and understand history are bound to repeat it.

People are predictable.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlowinSmoke
And they say: there is no God?
Eventually, we're gonna have to come to our senses. We're being played for fools! The more i see of Earth, the more i realize: there WAS a Creator! There HAS TO BE!

Why would there have to be?

There is absolutely ZERO evidence to support your statement.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by BlowinSmoke

Religion should be held to the same standard as the Constitution supposedly is,in that it must change with the times and the knowledge gained over time regarding mans' understanding of reality.

Of course early on in man's quest for understanding,he tried to explain reality in mystical surrealistic magical ways.

But we know too much to stay stuck there.

IMHO,If God Exists,the only thing he/she had to do was give you this life,so you could be here talking to us about stuff like we are discussing.

Everything else is up to you,nevermind the ultimatum of heaven or hell,you make this life what it is.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I loved the movie Avatar. I thought the visuals were amazing and I also liked the story line and am looking forward to Avatar 2. Pandora was exciting because everything was bioluminescent at night. The planet was naturally lit up and the connection between all living things and keeping balance in nature creates a harmony that I think we all would want in our lives. I know I would like to visit Pandora (I hear Disney is going to re-create Pandora) probably to compete with Harry Potter at Universal.

However, I look at photo's of other planets and drawings/painting of what other planets may look like. I have been facinated by them and thought they were so different and beautiful in their own unique way , but I have always said that our own planet is stunning and to me the most beautiful planet of all.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MyHappyDogShiner
reply to post by BlowinSmoke

Religion should be held to the same standard as the Constitution supposedly is,in that it must change with the times and the knowledge gained over time regarding mans' understanding of reality.

Why would you need to change your institution when it's based on the everlasting irrefutable truth of "God?"
Why ask questions when you already have all the answers?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SoulSearching8

but I have always said that our own planet is stunning and to me the most beautiful planet of all.

Stunning and beautiful...I absolutely agree !!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join