It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the movie Avatar blow your mind? This will too...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

...also dont forget about the very creepy angler fish!

I thought that it was only an imaginated cartoon fish thingie solely living in "Finding Nemo"...amazing !

"Life of Pi" is definately on my movies to watch list.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I've always loved the luminescence you see in the mangrove creeks of Nth Q.L.D. When we went out at night to check the crab pots, the creek would be lit up like a neon behind the boat.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Avatar employed a lot of manipulative tactics to snare the weak minded.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
Avatar was not that good of a movie and it certainly did not impress me(the alien sex was really, really gross).

As for animals that glow? It is spectacular. Much better than that crappy movie.

If you thought that was gross, you should see how nature actually handles the whole reproduction thing. Pretty nasty, in a lot of cases.

And avatar did have its saving graces. I thought the 3d was pretty decently handled. Definitely visually stunning.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Preferred Fern Gulley, the kids movie cameron ripped off....I agree the pics are far better than avatar...very cool!

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by PutAQuarterIn
Even humans have some level of bioluminescence.
We live in amazing piece of art but as a species we are to obsessed with ourselves we can't see whats already there.

PutAQuarterIn, nice link !!!

We emit light but the frequency is too low for our eyes to see it. Nice, very nice !!!

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Great post OP.. I really enjoyed Avatar (saw it at Imax 3d). I found myself looking at all the foliage in the background..

The last 2 videos you posted really interested me. I found myself lost in YouTube for an hour, checking out related videos.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by HooHaa

The last 2 videos you posted really interested me. I found myself lost in YouTube for an hour, checking out related videos.

Sorry about that !!

You know what's really sad, HooHaa (cool nick btw), most people on the planet get up in the morning, listen to the news, shower at a hundred miles an hour, grab a bite if they have time, go to work, get back home, grab a bite, listen to the news and go to bed. Then they repeat the process, day after day, like zombies really, without realizing what's around them. Without imagining life, just stuck on cruise control when there are wonders all around them !

Glad you enjoyed the vids !!!

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Too dark we need sunlight. Avatar the movie was not great and it was very forgettable. The story was cliche and sp really was on with dances with smurfs.

If you want to live like those navi did go to south american with the aboriginals.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatcoat

the creek would be lit up like a neon behind the boat.

I looked at different ATS threads before putting this one up and for most, they had little info with a picture or two sometimes; but I remember some members that did criticize those pics, claiming fake and that it was lights under water causing the effect. Which we now know, isn't true.

You are very lucky to have seen this for yourself !!

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Star flag bump subscribe. Nice!

I remember when Avatar came out. I saw it in IMAX 3 times and regular theater twice. Top 3 favorite movie all time.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Ok you are now officially on my ATSRadar! Awesome thread.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/rg50f00f1d.jpg[/atsimg]

Bioluminescent Mosquito Bay, Japan

S^F

i'm blown away by what fukushima radiation did to that man, he's bioluminescent??

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Whilst not bio-luminescent, my favorites are the comb jellies for their colourful displays caused by light being refracted by the fine hairs (combs) which they use for locomotion.

edit on 11-1-2013 by FireballStorm because: re-wording

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

If you thought that was gross, you should see how nature actually handles the whole reproduction thing. Pretty nasty, in a lot of cases.

It wasn't the act that was gross, it was the logic behind it.The main character is HUMAN in mind. He should find other HUMANS attractive.

Instead, due to some fetish, he falls in love with(and porks) a freakishly tall blue alien. It might as well be bestiality for all the points of reference we have when people bone other species.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by iwilliam

It wasn't the act that was gross, it was the logic behind it.The main character is HUMAN in mind. He should find other HUMANS attractive.

Instead, due to some fetish, he falls in love with(and porks) a freakishly tall blue alien. It might as well be bestiality for all the points of reference we have when people bone other species.

Actually, if you would have paid attention, Jake Sully's "avatar" was not a remote controlled device in the standard sense...It was created with his (his twin's) DNA. When he took control of it, he was connected to it, on every conceivable sensory level...He BECAME it! SO much so, thaty he began to loathe his human form!

So, it was quite normal and rational, for him to fall in love with Neytiri...

As for the OP....I have noticed, growing out of the bark, of large oak trees in central florida, thousands of miniature bioluminescent mushrooms, in certain months...

Does anyone know what these are? We found them, quite by accident, but they were extremely cool, very mesmerizing...

edit on 1/11/2013 by GoOfYFoOt because: lalalalala

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Many people search for the Biblical Garden of Eden and don't realise that we're standing on it. Beautiful Planet Earth truly is the real Garden of Eden - thanks for sharing and hopefully one day we'll treat this Garden with the respect it fully deserves - it' the only one we've got.
S&F

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Most fantasies are taken from the world around us. Everything we can imagine already exists in one form or another, all we're doing is scrambling or cutting and pasting different parts together. That includes James Cameron's Avatar. People looked like big cats, reproduction involved two people of the opposite sex, the reptiles they were riding looked like our dinosaurs, they had forests, mountains and minerals,... honestly it's not that far off from reality. It's the stuff that we can't even imagine that would fascinate me. Unfortunately if you haven't seen it or felt it, how can you picture it in your mind? While it would be interesting to see this scrambled earth-like environment, it would be far neater to experience a different form of matter or non-matter,... or experience senses that the human body doesn't have. Now THAT would truly be alien.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Impressive post!

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Sonoluminescence - Cavitation - NanoGeometry & The Future of Technology (See Vid Description)

Sonoluminesence - Cavitation - NanoGeometry & The Future of Technology (CONTINUATION)

The real science of the universe.

en.wikipedia.org...

Luminescence is emission of light by a substance not resulting from heat; it is thus a form of cold body radiation. It can be caused by chemical reactions, electrical energy, subatomic motions, or stress on a crystal. This distinguishes luminescence from incandescence, which is light emitted by a substance as a result of heating. Historically, radioactivity was thought of as a form of "radio-luminescence", although it is today considered to be separate since it involves more than electromagnetic radiation. The term 'luminescence' was introduced in 1888 by Eilhard Wiedemann....

The following are types of luminescence

Chemiluminescence, a result of a chemical reaction
Bioluminescence, emission as a result of biochemical reaction by a living organism
Electrochemiluminescence, a result of an electrochemical reaction
Crystalloluminescence, produced during crystallization
Electroluminescence, a result of an electric current passed through a substance
Cathodoluminescence, a result of being struck by an electron
Mechanoluminescence, a result of a mechanical action on a solid
Triboluminescence, generated when bonds in a material are broken when that material is scratched, crushed, or rubbed
Fractoluminescence, generated when bonds in certain crystals are broken by fractures
Piezoluminescence, produced by the action of pressure on certain solids[3]
Photoluminescence, a result of absorption of photons
Fluorescence, photoluminescence as a result of singlet–singlet electronic relaxation (typical lifetime: nanoseconds)
Phosphorescence, photoluminescence as a result of triplet–singlet electronic relaxation (typical lifetime: milliseconds to hours)
Radioluminescence, a result of bombardment by ionizing radiation
Sonoluminescence, a result of imploding bubbles in a liquid when excited by sound
Thermoluminescence, the re-emission of absorbed light when a substance is heated

A Star In A Jar, somoluminescence, with temperatures rivaling the corona of the sun in a tiny bubble!

www.newsreview.com...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

But a shrimp can do this. And take out a crab, with a force that emits a bubble that vaporizes the water, and reaches the temperature of the sun before collapsing, and then blasts that crab back.

Is Our Sun Hot, or as in the Electric Universe is the Corona of the Sun Hot, but heat is something to do with planetary atmospheric conditions?

Is the crabs claw hot, when the bubble is at its hottest?

Implosion, not explosion, blue energy not red, our big bang explosions and convoluted science isn't really the truth.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join