It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

nurture? or truth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 03:33 PM
link   
sigh....is religion real??? or is it just god?? i have no problem accepting some sort of god in my life, but the religion is so fake and man made! i feel for those who waste thier life on religion, trying to do what it tells them, accept a god, pray to him/her/it, but dont waste your life on doing everything the religious dogmas tell you

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I totally agree....waste of time and resources...and ends up causing everyone to say "my god's the right way, and yours is wrong"...when in reality, they're all wrong, and the truth is inside themselves...when they're ready for it...

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by captain terrific
sigh....is religion real??? or is it just god?? i have no problem accepting some sort of god in my life, but the religion is so fake and man made! i feel for those who waste thier life on religion, trying to do what it tells them, accept a god, pray to him/her/it, but dont waste your life on doing everything the religious dogmas tell you

Did you come to this conclusion by analyzing every religion from unbiased sources, seeing what each side has to say? Or did you just conclude this by knowledge of one or two religions only?

Just curious..

www.viewislam.com...
www.thetruereligion.org...
www.islam-qa.com...
www.thereligioustruth.com...
www.it-is-truth.org...

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Nurture or truth? Well when we are young we base our reality off of what or parents tell us(i.e nurture) But as we get older we find out that there is no Santa Clause, it is impossible for a rabbit to lay eggs and there is no tooth fairy(i.e truth).

Religion has good intensions but people in high places see how they can gain ground and use it to limit how people view this world and the next. A good example of this is the idea of purgatory.

In order to really understand a religion one must study the origins of that religion and study the books of the religion. If not you end up like the child asking her parent about Santa. Just my opinion

[Edited on 7-5-2003 by abstract_alao]

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 11:58 AM
link   
"But as we get older we find out that there is no Santa Clause, it is impossible for a rabbit to lay eggs and there is no tooth fairy(i.e truth)."

Then who the hell is sneaking into my house and putting presents under the tree, and hiding eggs in my yard, and paying for my teeth!!!???

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
"But as we get older we find out that there is no Santa Clause, it is impossible for a rabbit to lay eggs and there is no tooth fairy(i.e truth)."

Then who the hell is sneaking into my house and putting presents under the tree, and hiding eggs in my yard, and paying for my teeth!!!???

I like your sense of humor

top topics

join