It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Booms- Lights over Indianapolis Jan. 7, 2013 AND MORE....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Is there an uptick in the "sky noises" and or "booms"? You decide.

Since the beginning of January there have been hundreds of people reporting all over the Unites States and abroad, mysterious noises and booms. From California to South Carolina.

What is going on?

Is the atmosphere releasing more methane? en.wikipedia.org...

Atmospheric methane levels are of interest due to its impact on climate change. Atmospheric methane is one of the most potent and influential greenhouse gases on Earth. The 100-year global warming potential of methane is 25[citation needed], i.e. over a 100-year period, it traps 25 times more heat per mass unit than carbon dioxide.

Early in the Earth's history—about 3.5 billion years ago—there was 1,000 times as much methane in the atmosphere as there is now. The earliest methane was released into the atmosphere by volcanic activity. During this time, Earth's earliest life appeared. These first, ancient bacteria added to the methane concentration by converting hydrogen and carbon dioxide into methane and water. Oxygen did not become a major part of the atmosphere until photosynthetic organisms evolved later in Earth's history. With no oxygen, methane stayed in the atmosphere longer and at higher concentrations than it does today.

Is there more space debris coming in, more cosmic rays, more fireballs? What do you think ATS?

From.... www.universetoday.com...

Scientists have discovered an unidentified source of high-energy cosmic rays bombarding Earth from space. They say it must be close to the solar system and it could be made of dark matter. “This is a big discovery,” says John Wefel of Louisiana State University and Principal Investigator for ATIC, Advanced Thin Ionization Calorimeter, a NASA funded balloon-borne instrument high over Antarctica. “It’s the first time we’ve seen a discrete source of accelerated cosmic rays standing out from the general galactic background.” The new results show an unexpected surplus of cosmic ray electrons at very high energy — 300-800 billion electron volts — that must come from a previously unidentified source or from the annihilation of very exotic theoretical particles used to explain dark matter. “This electron excess cannot be explained by the standard model of cosmic ray origin,” said Wefel. “There must be another source relatively near us that is producing these additional particles.” Read more: www.universetoday.com...

In this video below it does appear to be some kind of fireball action. Thoughts?

This one below is from Michigan....

The last video is from Vancouver...

Here is an article from the LA Times. latimesblogs.latimes.com...

An officer at the Los Angeles Police Department's North Hollywood station said police searched the area for a half an hour Tuesday night but had no luck in determining what caused the sound. The officer said police received numerous calls about the noise. At about 9:30 p.m., numerous people began tweeting about a loud explosion. Some thought it had come from a North Hollywood Metro station; others reported hearing an explosion in Studio City. "Mysterious explosion a few minutes ago. What's going on? #LA" tweeted @ThatVitalSpark. "Seriously, any leads what the hell this boom was in North Hollywood? Im shook up a bit" tweeted @RajRawal37. A Reddit user posed the question: "What just blew up in North Hollywood?" By 6 a.m., there were more than 120 comments, but no crowd-sourced answer. However, possibilities ranging from alien invasions to meteors were proposed. Can you solve the case? Let us know in the comments section below or by tweeting @lanow.

Here is an article from Massachusetts... marblehead.patch.com...

Salem and Marblehead police officers searched the area of Ocean Avenue early Saturday morning for evidence of what could have caused the large boom that prompted residents across the area to call 911. According to Sunday morning's Salem police log, At 1:34 a.m., police received multiple calls regarding a "loud bang" on Ocean Avenue. They were unable to locate the source.

Here is an article from South Carolina.... www.wistv.com...

LEXINGTON COUNTY, SC (WIS) - Residents of Red Bank in Lexington County appear to have gotten a loud awakening Thursday morning as multiple reports indicate a loud booming noise in the area. WIS News 10 viewers poured onto our Facebook page this morning to report the sound. "What was the horrific boom in the Redbank area," asked Lisa Russell Fields. "People are saying it sounded like a plane crash or explosion." "I also heard the "big boom" this morning. So did a lot of other people, it sounds like a close cannon or something and will shake the whole building/house," said Jennifer Lee Stokes Kleine. "Does anyone have a concrete explanation for the loud boom that shook houses in Lexington County around the Redbank/YMCA/Old Barnwell Road area this morning around 8:30 a.m.," said Mary Frances Henry Bell. So, what was it? The Lexington County Sheriff's Department doesn't know either. "Law enforcement officers and public safety personnel have been unable so far to determine the source of the noise," said Sheriff's Department spokesman Maj. John Allard. "No explosions have been reported." A similarly loud explosive noise happened last year in the South Congaree portion of Lexington County.

Salt Lake City anyone? fox13now.com...

“We don’t really know what this was. We don’t have the operational capability to even locate something like this, so we can’t say where it came from. We just don’t know,” Whidden said. People in Wyoming, Indiana, Oklahoma and California also reported hearing a boom similar to what was heard in Utah.

And from Wikipedia... en.wikipedia.org...

Columbia Co. in Georgia have felt and heard these booms. Could be release of Methane into the atmosphere but the cases are still unknown.

How is it.... NO ONE KNOWS? Someone knows... I feel sure of that.

What do you think ATS??

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Three years in a row..... ;(

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
It is interesting the noises started up again in January, same as last year. The Lexington County, SC area where the sounds were reported are in a rural area. The ocean used to come inland as far as that point of area in the past. As far as I know the closest dormant volcanos are in North Carolina, and are mudd flats.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I've heard them on a few occasions here in CO: Sept. 2011, a few months ago, and a couple of days ago. They sound like canons being shot off. I even reported them to the police dept recently, they dug around and couldn't even find companies with drilling permits in the county, I mean, they LOOKED for the source, found none. I reported them to the USGS in sept 2011 because they shook my house and set off all the car alarms on my street, said i felt a 2-something quake 200 miles away.
As someone who has heard them, i'll say they seem to come from the sky AND the ground. I think they come from the ground and the sound sort of ricochets around, making it sound like they come from everywhere and nowhere.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Do you have any info about the first video? Im 90% sure the audio is taken from 9/11 footage of the second plane impact. No clue what the lights could be though. I wish i could link the specific video but im on an iphone right now.
I searched "9/11 second plane close"

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
In this video below it does appear to be some kind of fireball action. Thoughts?

Certainly not a fireball or fireballs (as in material entering or reentering our atmosphere) in this footage.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Sorry it has taken me a while to respond.... had to go to work.

Im not sure about the first video and the relation it may have with 9-11 but I will look it to it and come back to let you know my thoughts.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FireballStorm

What do you make of the red-flame like material spiraling down then? I am not saying it is fireballs just wondering if you may can expand on your thoughts that it is not fireballs. Thanks!

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Laserfloyd72

Still cannot find evidence the video sound is from 9-11. The screeching sound, I don't think so and also not so sure there are not a lot of car alarms going on in the distance or fire engines going out to check for anything as the reports were coming in of "blast" sounds. I just don't know.... but what I do know is its happening everywhere and possibly more frequent.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
reply to post by Laserfloyd72

Still cannot find evidence the video sound is from 9-11. The screeching sound, I don't think so and also not so sure there are not a lot of car alarms going on in the distance or fire engines going out to check for anything as the reports were coming in of "blast" sounds. I just don't know.... but what I do know is its happening everywhere and possibly more frequent.

I think the video is authentic - he says he started filming after a first boom and then the sirens were going. Also, after one boom you hear a car alarm go off. Video seems pretty real and pretty creepy.

I'm with you on the methane release and the explosions and booms may be from hydrogen sulfide. Have a whole lot of information collected up on these sky noises, booms, explosions, animal die-offs and whole lot more over the past few weeks at Dangerous Gas thread here;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Well, objects that enter/re-enter the atmosphere are luminous due to their speed and momentum which keeps them moving forward at hyper-velocity. When they slow down too much, they cease to be luminous, and they succumb to gravity, which means their trajectories become more and more vertical. Also, for a meteoroid to enter the atmosphere at a very high angle is suicide - even for the harder objects, hitting the atmosphere square-on at the kind of speeds they travel at is like throwing an egg at a brick wall.

With these objects, it appears that they are falling vertically, which suggests that they are relatively low down in the atmosphere, unlike fireballs/meteors which occur at relatively high altitudes (10's of km) - even the quite big ones.

Whilst it is possible that to an observer on the ground a fireball or meteor will appear to travel directly downwards, in real life, it's quite rare to see, so that suggests what we are looking at is something terrestrial in nature that is falling in the every day sense of the word, and relatively close to the ground.

That, and in 15 years of observing meteors/fireballs, trying to photograph them, and having seen hundreds of videos of fireballs, it does not look like a fireball to me.

To me it looks more like fares or some kind of pyrotechnics falling.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   

To me it looks more like fares or some kind of pyrotechnics falling.
reply to post by FireballStorm

Hmmm.... Ok well I understand kind now where you are coming from and I agree, however I don't think it was any kind of fireworks either. A flare? Hmmmm... no.... it kind of does but the behavior is slightly different than a flare as well, in my opinion anyway.

Whatever it is, is coming in abundance lately and causing explosions (possibly). Something (gases?) from space coming into our highly energized atmosphere?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

Oh, ok.... thank you will come over and see whats being said.

new topics

top topics

join