It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare Photo of A-Bomb Found in HIroshima

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatcoat

If you read history you will know that the Japanese military leaders, officers and enlisted generally fought to the death instead of surrender. Read about Iwo Jima, Guadalcanal, Tarawa etc. Surrender was a great dishonor. Some soldiers even killed themselves instead of surrender and dishonoring their country and family. Many Japanese soldiers considered themselves Samuri or some sort of elite people serving the gods. Read your history about Japanese military tactics as well as the mental aspects of how the soldiers were trained. Surrender was never an option for many. You can't look at the Japanese culture through the filter of western, european or other cultural ideas and philosophy. Life did not mean that same to many Japanese soldiers at the time as it did/does to us here analyzing the past. From reading many military history books, many japanese officers hoped the US would invade the mainland so they could kill as many allied soldiers in close-in combat since they had the advantage of knowing the terrain and strategic points. Many believed that is how they would win the war. Why do people always assume that other cultures have the same values as they do? Setting off an A-Bomb off the coast or as a "show" would have been seen as weakness and ineptitude of the part of the US military not as an "oh my gosh look at what they did" moment by the Japanese military. Unfortunately the bombs were set off over two large cites and sent us into the age of total self destruction. It is important to understand the differences that exist in cultures and how actions are interpreted by the different sides. I am not trying to say all Japanese had the same viewpoint, fight to the death, just as there were Americans who did want to enter the war even after Pearl Habor. Also unfortunate was that the military had the control of Japan at the time and fighting to the death was the overarching mantra.

In agreement with other posts, lets hope we never see another detonation since the weapons today are thousands of times more destructive.

Anyway good discussion and post. Thought provoking from many aspects

edit on 12-1-2013 by Enigma13 because: spelling

edit on 12-1-2013 by Enigma13 because: grammer

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Curious. Why didn't the radio-active fallout from the blast destroy the picture?

Because the wind is blowing the other direction?

If you mean "fallout" as in wind born contamination attached to dust particles sucked up into the mushroom cloud.

If you mean radiation "effects" from the initial detonation that is something different. X-ray, Gamma ray, and neutrinos are the energetic particles that radiate from the initial detonation at the speed of light. As an indicator of their strength a book I read titled "Hiroshima" told that after the hospital re opened they went to the basement vault to obtain the X-ray film stock and it was all exposed where it lay.

In a basement in a vault.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter

You think that is something ! I have one for you .

reply to post by smyleegrl

The description of the effects of the Abomb on the human body was described 2000 years before the bomb existed in Zechariah 14 verse 12 . Check it out ! It is describing Israel bombing its attackers in this upcoming war with Iran and their allies.

You don't need a nuclear weapon for that. Any hi explosive will do (if you're close enough). The velocity of the shockwave destroys whatever it hits such that it does just what the Bible says:

This will be the plague with which the LORD inflicts all of the people who have attacked Jerusalem: he will cause their flesh to rot away, even while they're standing on their feet. He will cause their eyes to rot away in their sockets, and their tongues to rot away in their mouths.

Maybe you've never seen the effects of explosive concussion on the human body. Its a dynamic force called over pressure and "pops" all liquid filled sacks on the body. The eyes the tongue, the skull, burst organs. It is so quick you don't have time to fall down.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ConservativeAwakening

There was a struggle within the military of Japan to carry on the war . An insurrection and almost a coup . Japan was rumored to have been with weeks of getting their Abomb completed . Also they were holding out for more favorable terms as our men were suffering lethal kamikaze attacks . If the bombs had not been dropped some of us might not have been born because many fathers to be would have died . The Japanese people were very hard fighting determined people some of which didn't surrender for 30 years after the war .They were not people to surrender because things were going badly in the war .We have to leave the decision to drop those bombs to the men who knew the Japanese as the fighters that they were .

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Read carefully the scripture . You don't stand during an explosion , you are propelled in many directions . . Read slowly the scripture and you will see that the discription says consume not obliterate while you stand .Flesh eating virus would be too slow . Having read all about Hiroshima and Nagasaki back when we were facing the Cuban missile crisis I am well read on the effects of the intense and brilliant flash that will literally consume your flesh from your bones while you stand and bleach your bones white as snow and mostly intact .There would be a steam explosion 1st with your eyes and then your brain . Israel has the nukes and will use them to survive .

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

You must be using one of those watered down versions of the bible . I use the old KJV that does not water down the message . It says consume away while they stand . We know nukes will be used by Israel . They said they would use them if it meant survival .

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

impressive but that bomb is a baby compared to this beast

The Tsar Bomba was a three-stage Teller–Ulam design hydrogen bomb with a yield of 57 megatons (Mt).[4] This is equivalent to 1,400 times the combined power of the bombs that destroyed Hiroshima and Nagasaki

en.m.wikipedia.org...
edit on 12-1-2013 by SecludedGamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Read carefully the scripture . You don't stand during an explosion ,

Dynamic over pressure knocks you off your feet. You are no longer standing (or in one piece).

:45 seconds into here...

Warning! Graphic Material

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

You must be using one of those watered down versions of the bible . I use the old KJV that does not water down the message . It says consume away while they stand . We know nukes will be used by Israel . They said they would use them if it meant survival .
Personally I think the bible is "watered down" period. More likely misinterpreted.

"Consumed" is a relative term. It describes what the "viewer" of the vision saw. I don't know how he could see what happened during the flash of a nuke. I could see the result of both nuclear weapons and hi explosive blast effects. And heat effects too. Both weapons kill you the same. You are burned and blown apart before you hit the ground.

Interesting how that is called a "plague". Goes to show the receiver of the "vision" of the future didn't realize what he was looking at. Except something killed the victims quick. "While they still stood".

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I doubt really that an explosive that would be smaller and limited in its effect on a theater of war like the war of Magog would be worth mentioning in the bible . By the way the TNT bomb did not exist 2000 years ago .The actual dynamics of the nuclear explosion would fit plague in the scripture better with the eyes exploding via steam explosion and the flesh flashing off your skeleton well before the blast ever hit you . The cranium would likely explode before the blast hit . In the case of Hiroshima a troop of soldiers were marching down a road near ground zero and after the bomb hit their shoe soles were all that was found melted to the road way .Funny thin g is in what I saw of the remains of people incinerated by the flash their skeletons were bleached white , laid out fairly complete and without a skull .

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Funny thin g is in what I saw of the remains of people incinerated by the flash their skeletons were bleached white , laid out fairly complete and without a skull .

In some cases the bones of the Japanese that died in the atom bombs remained where they lay for months. The complete skeletons show that they decayed naturally instead of being blown to bits. Do a study on the shadows left behind. All bones bleach white in the sun (eventually).

Thats just my take. The city was swept clean by the blast if you look at pics of it. And then it burned all night. The fires grew and merged until a raging fire storm swept the entire city. Read "Hiroshima". I lnked it further back.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Wow...just horrible!
I actually had the time to visit Hiroshima last year and I have to say it was eye-opening.
The entire time I walked around there I felt strange. The whole city seemed weird.
I also visited the Hiroshima Peace Museum. Normally I like museums, but this time I was really relieved when I left the building. I really felt sick after watching the photos, the relics,the stories...

Anyway, bottom line is: If you can visit Hiroshima, do it!
And also...stop the wars and the hatred.

Cheers,

Your friend,

Maxwell

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

The pictures of the bleached bones were taken very shortly after the bomb. They say the body is 75% water and with the blinding heat of the Flash of the bomb was instantaneous and did bleach brick,roads and dropped the level of the river at ground zero 12 feet if I remember . So the Flash is more significant than the chemical reaction of an ordinary bomb .

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Just downloaded the book Hiroshima to listen to....so far, its been interesting. Thanks for the tip.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Just downloaded the book Hiroshima to listen to....so far, its been interesting. Thanks for the tip.

You be in for a ride...

...of the most horrific kind.

Edit: as an aside, was that a free download? I lost my copy in my book store in the garage. There are a number of little known stats in there that would make for an excellent thread. Little known in the West that is...
edit on 13-1-2013 by intrptr because: additional...

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

You be in for a ride...

Edit: as an aside, was that a free download? I lost my copy in my book store in the garage. There are a number of little known stats in there that would make for an excellent thread. Little known in the West that is...

No, I purchased it on Audible.com.

Sorry....

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

So the Flash is more significant than the chemical reaction of an ordinary bomb .

Only the power of the sun. Temperature wise it is much more intense, and yes it will "vaporize" you if you are close enough. So will napalm, or white phosphorous. "Willie Pete" burns at 5000 degrees. It just takes longer. The center of the fireball over Hiroshima was over 7000 degrees. I don't know how they came up with that figure... but thats the claim.

Shadow person...

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

You be in for a ride...

Oh my God. Just finished part of Hiroshima. I'm numb. I guess I knew, in an academic sense, what happened. But to hear the descriptions....

Never again, please God. Never again.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Excellent. I say that in the kindest way. Are you taking notes about those direct descriptions?

They would make an excellent source of data in a thread. Especially the last chapter.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

There is so much disinformation about the bombing of Japan, you can make yourself ill wallowing around searching for the truth.

First thing that caught my eye was the Shroud of Turin palimpsest effect to the right of the blast, as others have observed.

The truth is out there but it may be a long time coming before everybody can read about it...

Two esoteric technical points worth repeating.

Most radiation falls off with the square of the distance and "there was wind" blowing the cloud away from the photographer.

The most popular way for photographers to shop photos in those days was with with double exposure.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join