It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare Photo of A-Bomb Found in HIroshima

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

You think that is something ! I have one for you .

reply to post by smyleegrl

The description of the effects of the Abomb on the human body was described 2000 years before the bomb existed in Zechariah 14 verse 12 . Check it out ! It is describing Israel bombing its attackers in this upcoming war with Iran and their allies .

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
Curious. Why didn't the radio-active fallout from the blast destroy the picture?

Why do you think it would have destroyed the picture? There are many pictures of atomic bomb blasts.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConservativeAwakening
The emperor had given the direct order to surrender days before Hiroshima, the allied code breakers did know this, but chose to drop it anyway.

Care to back that up with some facts? If Japan had wanted to surrender they would have. But the bleeding hearts have to blame someone else, it was not poor innocent Japan's fault! It must be the fault of the USA.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

The emperor had given the direct order to surrender days before Hiroshima, the allied code breakers did know this, but chose to drop it anyway.

Care to back that up with some facts? If Japan had wanted to surrender they would have. But the bleeding hearts have to blame someone else, it was not poor innocent Japan's fault! It must be the fault of the USA.

Wrong, it's common ww2 knowledge that the Japanese were frantically trying to surrender. It was senseless trying to continue the war, I mean you have to understand that they were fighting against the massive force of both the Americans in the Pacific AND the Soviets coming through Manchuria. No one is trying to take the blame away from Imperial Japan, but Japan was TOAST in August of '45, Hiroshima might not have been necessary. It is proven that the emperor gave direct orders to surrender to both the Americans AND the Soviets before the bomb. For example, they broke the code relayed from Japan to their ambassador in Moscow.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Wrong, it's common ww2 knowledge that the Japanese were frantically trying to surrender.

Only amongst revisionists. If japan had wanted to surrender they would have.

It is proven that the emperor gave direct orders to surrender to both the Americans AND the Soviets before the bomb.

Well, there is your problem. Why should the USA and Soviets surrender to Japan? Japan is the country that had to surrender, not the USA and the Soviets.

And your source for that claim is....

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Curious. Why didn't the radio-active fallout from the blast destroy the picture?

That is an interesting question. Only from JiggerJ!

There is a certain brilliance in knowing how to answer questions. But the TRUE brilliance lies in knowing which questions to ask to begin with.

Well done, sir.
edit on 12-1-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

Aw shucks, and here I thought I was just stoopid.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Why do you think it would have destroyed the picture? There are many pictures of atomic bomb blasts.

I'm assuming the pics you're referring to were taken with great precautions. Off the top of my head I'm guessing the cameras were encased in lead or something. Other pics were taken from planes that flew out of range of the radioactive fallout.

If the pic in the OP was taken on the ground in Hiroshima, surely it had to be within the fallout range, and taken with an unprotected camera. Wouldn't you think?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Wrong, it's common ww2 knowledge that the Japanese were frantically trying to surrender.

Only amongst revisionists. If japan had wanted to surrender they would have.

It is proven that the emperor gave direct orders to surrender to both the Americans AND the Soviets before the bomb.

Well, there is your problem. Why should the USA and Soviets surrender to Japan? Japan is the country that had to surrender, not the USA and the Soviets.

And your source for that claim is....

You obviously misunderstood me, Japan was trying desperately to surrender to the states and Russia. I'm sorry I can't think of the sources for it right now, I promise it's standard history. Of course the Japanese were ready to surrender, they were keeping it in secret though, you can go through the code archives and find the transmitions between Tokyo and their embassy in Moscow, the Emperor had to tell his ambassador twice that it was a direct order to surrender. Only after the two bombs did they publicly come out with their surrender. Don't get me wring, I'm not an apologist, I'm just saying that the Japanese were beaten BEFORE Hiroshima.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

If the pic in the OP was taken on the ground in Hiroshima, surely it had to be within the fallout range, and taken with an unprotected camera. Wouldn't you think?

What sort of radiation? A piece of paper will stop Alpha radiation,
www.blackcatsystems.com...

The film would be protected within the camera, it may have been a bit fogged but it was taken about 6 miles from the blast, and minutes after.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Japan was trying desperately to surrender to the states and Russia. I'm sorry I can't think of the sources for it right now, I promise it's standard history.

No, standard history states Japan was warned about the first bomb, they refused to surrender. The first bomb was dropped, Japan still refused to surrender. The second bomb was dropped, Japan refused to surender. it took the intervention of the emperor, and even then parts of the military tried a coup, before Japan surrendered.

Of course the Japanese were ready to surrender, they were keeping it in secret

Oh, so Japan was trying to surrender in secret!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom

I remember reading that book in either 5th or 6th grade. It's a pretty touching book. We also tried our hands at making paper cranes ourselves.

I wish HS and College were as much fun as gradeschool was

I still get that "Voyage of the Mimi" theme song stuck in my head to this day, 17 or so years later.

Voyage of the Mimi... I did not think anyone else still remembered that show.

As for the op one could only feel sadness at the horror inflicted that day. I do not agree with what was done and I can only hope it never happens again.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Japan was trying desperately to surrender to the states and Russia. I'm sorry I can't think of the sources for it right now, I promise it's standard history.

No, standard history states Japan was warned about the first bomb, they refused to surrender. The first bomb was dropped, Japan still refused to surrender. The second bomb was dropped, Japan refused to surender. it took the intervention of the emperor, and even then parts of the military tried a coup, before Japan surrendered.

Of course the Japanese were ready to surrender, they were keeping it in secret

Oh, so Japan was trying to surrender in secret!

That is simply not true, look, we aren't talking about what you learn by reading some wikipedia or text book, this is based on analysis of the cracked codes between tokyo and their surrogates. The japanese were internally trying to surrender without publicly declaring it yet. the 2 bombs led to the final PUBLIC surrender. And you're wrong, the Japanese WERE in fact warned about something that was going to happen in the Hiroshima region, I don't think they actually revealed the bomb yet (duh), but u.s. planes did drop leaflets over the area stating that danger was approaching Hiroshima. While it's true that the hardliners still refused to surrender after the 2 bomb,s internally the government was frantically looking for a way out, especially through their embassy in Moscow.
edit on 12-1-2013 by ConservativeAwakening because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-1-2013 by ConservativeAwakening because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

What sort of radiation? A piece of paper will stop Alpha radiation,
www.blackcatsystems.com...

The film would be protected within the camera, it may have been a bit fogged but it was taken about 6 miles from the blast, and minutes after.

Hey! You might be able to make a great myth-busting thread on radioactive fallout. I don't know anything about it. My next question would be if the thin metal of a camera can protect a film from fallout, then why won't human skin protect our organs from it? Now I'm beginning to question the idea that over exposure causes cancer and birth defects.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

That is simply not true, look, we aren't talking about what you learn by reading some wikipedia or text book, this is based on analysis of the cracked codes between tokyo and their surrogates. The japanese were internally trying to surrender without publicly declaring it yet.

Your source for that is....

And you're wrong, the Japanese WERE in fact warned about something that was going to happen in the Hiroshima region,

I said that they WERE warned, in another thread I posted a link to that warning....

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

My next question would be if the thin metal of a camera can protect a film from fallout, then why won't human skin protect our organs from it?

Depends on the type of radiation, the source etc. Exposure to radiation does not always mean you die.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

That is simply not true, look, we aren't talking about what you learn by reading some wikipedia or text book, this is based on analysis of the cracked codes between tokyo and their surrogates. The japanese were internally trying to surrender without publicly declaring it yet.

Your source for that is....

And you're wrong, the Japanese WERE in fact warned about something that was going to happen in the Hiroshima region,

I said that they WERE warned, in another thread I posted a link to that warning....

I'd have to find some analysis of the cracked codes, if you're interested in it, try to see if you find something, I checked it out once before

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
terrible

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
reply to post by Jykan

Yes I agree.

I talk to my (older) students about WWII....and the terrible bombs we dropped. I explain both sides of the argument, about the deterrent factor and ending the war. Then we read Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes. (a book about a young girl born after the bomb, who died of leukemia...true story. I highly recommend it if you want a human touch to this tragedy).

I want my students to know there are two sides to the story.

There is this docu made by and narrated by Oliver Stone and is called "The Untold History of The United States". In one of the episodes he talks about the view that some decision making generals had on using nukes. And how close we escaped several times from a nuke war with the russians.

As if sent by heaven people like JFK and not to forget Nikita Khrushchev happen to have the final say on such moments....

It is scary to hear that some high ranking military men/ politicians have the intellect of an ant.

edit on 12/1/2013 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by horseplay

Hi Smylee -
my uncle flew in the squadron that dropped that bomb. When I was a teenager he told me the story. At that time he was dieing of cancer. Go figure.
But as he told me his squadron was on a 'normal' bomb run. they had no idea what they were doing. they had simply been ordered to go drop a bomb.

Bollocks. They would go blind w/o the eye protection, and I don't believe they never bothered to check the payload.

Duh.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

I believe you have ran up against the product of a conspiracy theory Internet education. I am sure the "facts" will be forthcoming. I am equally certain they will lead right to a well researched peer reviewed document, not.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join