It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British MP's call for 32% salary increase!? Is this a sick joke?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Was just reading the Tamuli series and there was a good idea

When you go into politics everything you own is sold and put into the public purse and now its your job to run the country well so when you have done your stint you have made a profit on your 'investment' so if the economy tanks so does your money, you get a nice house and looked after while in office etc but if you're a multi millionaire will you risk it all when some banker decides to spunk all your money?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
This is one of those threads that should be kept for reference:

1. The title and opening statement is completely wrong.
2. It can be proved beyond reasonable doubt.
3. The respondants jump on the bandwagon and get all agitated about something which is a total lie.

And folks complain about MSM.........sheesh!!!

FYI : MP's were surveyed about the job they did and how it compared to other jobs. From this the inference was that MP's are paid 32% less than the going rate for a similar job.

NB I have not commented about MP's pay merely the twisting of the truth to suit an agenda. This is precisely the behaviour ATS is supposed to root out not propogate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
they will get this no matter what we (UK people) scream and shout. they get second houses paid for by the tax payer, cars, holidays that are more expensive than most could dream of, they have pensions twice sometimes three times more than the rest of us and they will get this too.
why?
because they vote on this and it will pass by a few votes just to make out some MP's were against it. in fact this will be like the american fiscal cliff thing.

until there is a real revolt or revolution we the people get no say.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Well of course they need more salary, since their illegal use of expense accounts was sniffed out by the moral powers that be.

Thats not justifying it of course, sniffy politicians will have to shut up and deal with a regular wage for a regular days work, so basically "boo hoo" for them.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by iskander683

This is 2 girls 1 cup disgusting

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX

Originally posted by AmberLeaf
We should be able to vote on how well we think they are doing, and pay them accordingly.
They arent worth £90k a year, more like £30k!!

More like...You're fired".

CX.

you can say "You're Fired" all the live long day...but when it comes to enforcing that decision I think they lack the necessarily tools to make good on that...

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Sadly, this is not a joke !

This is just blatant "in-your-face" from the corrupt scum that we supposedly elect. The same SCUM that tell us there is no money for roads, hospitals, education etc, but as soon as the SCUM want a pay rise, all of a sudden there's a miracle fund existing that can then top up their wages, despite "not having the funds" !

The question is, why do people still line up and vote for these SCUM and actually think their vote counts or matter ? HOW MUCH MORE PROOF do you need that the system is CORRUPT, and the term Democracy only exists on a piece of paper. The only difference between a dictatorship and a democracy, is that the dictator will openly lie to you, where as a democracy will also lie to you, but give you the impression that you had a say in the process and outcome. but they are the same thing with all the wealth going to the top end, at the exspense of the bottom end, as usual !

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
They aren`t actually getting a 32% raise they just think they deserve a 32% raise, but that is equally as insulting as actually getting a 32% raise considering how much of a mess they have made of things.
This proves just how out of touch they are with the plight of the common man and the economy,they are blind to the fact that they have done nothing to improve either and yet they still feel that they deserve a 32% raise.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by iskander683
It's true. Believe it or not, British MP's actually think it's right to give themselves a 32% salary increase when they have imposed public sector salary caps for the past 3 years.

BBC News - MP's call for 32% salary increase

They really are absolutely unbelieveable. They live in their little cocooned, pampered, overpaid bubbles and expect the rest of the country to scrape and bow to their every wish.

They are a bunch of corrupt, juvenile idiots.

They are also entitled to a final salary pension scheme which is something that cannot be afforded for public sector workers - according to the MP's!! It really is like some sort of sick joke.

I was just thinking, maybe this should have been put in the Rant section.

edit on 11/1/2013 by iskander683 because: (no reason given)

It is the effect of the new 2012 Mayan consciousness .... After becoming aware "they" realised that there is no need to be modest and considerate towards the people who pay their salary. All it takes is being bold because there is nobody with the authority to do anything about it. Just like the way "they" do things in america.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
This is an example of how manipulation of public opinion is used by the political establishment.

Step 1. Put the thought out there that MPs are about to give themselves a criminally large pay rise of 32%.

Step 2. Allow the public resentment to seethe and simmer a while.

Step 3. MPs announce that they are in touch with public opinion and have now decided to accept the criminally large pay rise of 20% which if originally announced would have lead to resentment and seething, but now seems acceptable.

Any rise in income for these overpaid wasters when they have cut public service down to the bear bones of its @rSe, put thousands of hard working public sector workers on the dole, ripped the heart out of civil service pensions, and put the safety, and security of the nation in jeopardy should by rights lead to rioting in the streets, and public lynchings of these out of touch, over paid blood suckers.

You can safely bet your last penny that the private companies that get the contracts to replace the work being done by civil servants will have MPs on their Board of Directors
edit on 12-1-2013 by hotel1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Inflation is not the solution, this send the wrong message all across the nation. We REALLY need to implement Agenda 21 in the UK, we need it urgently. All the codes that been established in Agenda 21 will strict all kind of ridiculous requests and not only that, it will make the life of the british subjects a much better in a higher welfare state. Agenda 21 restricts all kind of inflation, unnecessary price surges and economic recession.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Kind of my point there. Do away with perks and simply give a bigger salary. That way, they are responsible for their own budgeting. And lets be honest here, any MP that cannot budget properly shouldn't be anywhere near running our country!

Do away with perks and NO increase in salary, is what I say.

I propose they are paid minimum wage, no perks, no expense accounts, no anything.

They seem to know so much about how much the rest of us need to be paid to live on, so let's bust their pay down to minimum wage so they can show us how easy it is to live on it.
edit on 12-1-2013 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   

I think part of the problem is that people who go into politics are involved in it from quite a young age.

thats the problem right there.

politics should not be a career, 4 years max, then you must resign.
career politicians have shown themselves to be 100% corrupt

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
nanananah

ours asked for a raise last year.........gee both out countries have hundreds of thousands out of work,,,hrm i know lets give ourselves raises.......

they should all be called SB

SCUM BAGS

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I live in the UK and i have just come out of work, how can they justify a pay rise when there are people on the lower rungs of the ladder that are struggling.

Millionaires get tax breaks here and now they are gonna get a pay rise too, they already have cars and ouses bought for them, what more do they need.

edit on 12/1/2013 by wlasikiewicz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

BINGO,

they were never meant to be career positions, it was supposed to be the brightest and the best (busi owners) stepping up to the plate taking a couple years off and doing something for the community, but now we have so many kickbacks that everyone wants pensions , tax free stuff, and POWER.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I've been on a pay-freeze for three years alongside a few million other working folk.

Politicians want to take the credit when things are good and blame the 'last lot' for anything going bad. The economy is screwed and I don't care if people went shopping on-line at Christmas or whether house-prices in London are going up again. For most of us, times are tough and getting worse.

With that in mind, the idea that MPs get to vote themselves a pay-rise for this economic mess is sickening. Not surprising or even disappointing...just sickening in a very predictable way. If we're honest, do any of us expect these pigs and parasites to do anything else? Nope!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Minimum wage for each and every one of them, any overtime paid in time an half, must actually work 47 weeks of the year, cap their expenses, must tell the public if they have other incomes, if they do then their actual pay from being an MP should be slashed.

Most MP's these days are privately educated so of course they've kept government positions lucrative to hold. Unpaid intern-ships practically assure that your average joe cant get into politics because they simply cannot afford to run around for nothing for so many years, waiting on the possibility of attaining a job.

We are making the rich richer, that's what Britain has always sought to do!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Wow, I'm actually really really angry about this.

There's a meme going round that to get the best people you need to pay them hansomely. Well that's rubbish. We payed the bankers well and they screwed us. We pay the MPs massive salary, pension and expenses package and they can't run the country, and by the way they are still screwing us over expenses as has been shown by a recent documentary, "MPs are they still at it?"

How about we don't go for the best and instead go for the capable.

Lets cut the number of MPs by half and turn all those empty offices in the houses of parliament into university style dorm rooms for the MPs. Or at the very least turn a nearby building into a budget hotel for them where the costs are taken care of instead of ridiculous expenses.

There's also an argument to make being an MP like being on jury duty. Members of the public that meet certain criteria are randomly chosen and must serve. They surely could not do a worse job than these scum.

I've lost 80% of my income since August because of the war on the poor and disabled. Looks like i'll have to go bankrupt.

For the general public we are told we CAN'T AFFORD to reduce the burden on the poor and middle class, and protect salaries, yet they use a different metric for business and politicians, we are told it's ONLY FAIR, AND ITS THE RIGHT THING TO DO to pay hansomely.

The hypocrisy and the tilted playing field is disgusting.
edit on 12-1-2013 by merkins because: Typo

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
The corruption is right in our face now and they don't even care if we know it, we need a Europe Spring and kick these F#####S out

Like Kandinsky a few posts back I have also been on a pay freeze for 3 years while prices of everything go up every few months, it's almost not even worth working anymore, 4 or 5 more years of this and it really won't.
edit on 12-1-2013 by NeoSpace because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-1-2013 by NeoSpace because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join