It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG... Twitter is sucking me in, how can I make it stop?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   

I have my first ten followed items chosen, acquired a follower and have tweeted...

What is happening to me?

LoL

So where is the official ATS tweet page?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Ah yes Twitter.

Nothing like keeping the corporations and TPTB up-2-date with by the minute opinions and personal information.

Stopping it is quite an easy andeavour: Delete your account and stop disclosing information.

Hope that helps.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

you are going down a dark path,

twitter will be the end of all of us.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

And you wrote the post with minimal chars .. tweeting really has taken over you .

I tried it opened an account but I hated how it gives you only like two or three sentences to speak an opinion.

Also I will reserve my one liners for here because I know the mods like it lol

link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

I have refused that path.. Actually I don't even have a working cell phone at the moment..
I'm not even 30 but I have turned into an old man in a lot of ways..
"back in my day we had wires."
"whats wires daddy?"
"they connect us together"
"but everything's connected silly daddy."
"sigh.. yea... I know"

Nope I don't need anymore attention grabbers.. I feel better now that I am not checking texts every few minutes.

Have fun though.. Who are you going to follow? If I was on it my first follow would be Joe Rogan and different scientists, and maybe a few people who post interesting news links..
That is how twitter works right?

link   
time to fix my browser...
edit on 1/11/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

Ah yes, did that with facebook.

But then, I got a tweet invite and well...y'all know the rest.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Twitter of the past

Twitter of the future

Enjoy the present

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Lol don´t worry ! Twitter can be very good source of real time information, i mean REAL INFORMATION, not those who choose to tell you if they had bugger in their nose.
FB i also got rid of, couldn´t find any use for it...
At least in twitter you can use search very efficiently and you don´t have to follow anybody if you don´t want to lol

I kinda like twitter but i hate facebook... i use twitter only when i seek information

I have saved searches like UFO and i sometimes get very good laught on twitter...

edit on 11-1-2013 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I love my twitter account its great way of getting breaking news. The problem with the ATS twitter is that it literally tweets every new thread, which can start to hog up your time line.

What's your user name, I will follow you

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
I love my twitter account its great way of getting breaking news. The problem with the ATS twitter is that it literally tweets every new thread, which can start to hog up your time line.

This is very true. When I first started using Twitter I had it setup to notify me for new tweets from the accounts I was following. Had to turn off that feature after all the notification dings I was getting. ATS was a busy place that day!

I would recommend is anyone wants to keep track of ATS's stream ( @AboveTopSecret ) without it hogging up your timeline, you should create a list. Lists are also a handy feature if you want to follow different kinds of twitter streams that are grouped together. For instance you can create a list for the conspiracy minded people, a list for the more humorous ones (like parody accounts), for breaking news, ect..

If you are interested, check out the Mashable page on Twitter lists: How to use Twitter Lists

Happy Tweeting!!!

(side note: when breaking news happens, I highly recommend topsy.com as a good search tool. You can search by phrase, twitter name, hastag and sort the results by date (you can also view analytics for the search term). Topsy also archives Twitter users profiles, so if someone deletes tweets you can usually still find then on Topsy's website. Sneaky, but handy when trying to get to the bottoms of some mysteries.)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by dollukka
I kinda like twitter but i hate facebook...

So it is not just me, good was sort of starting to wonder.

lol

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Twitter. The cliff notes version of facebook in a time warp.....

Run...run as fast as you can my widdle Friend....

Des

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
What's Twitter

Seriously, I have heard of it...and the infamous "tweets"

But, I have never visited and wonder what the fuss is about.
My life doesn't seem less enriched or my lifestyle endangered.

So, I think I'll keep avoiding Twitter....

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Twitter can be your friend...

The hashtags are actually great if there's something you're interested in... for example do a search on #falseflag on twitter and you'll get a list of people's tweet with said hashtags in them.

Secondly... you can win stuff! Winning stuff is always nice, so again, search for tweets with #competition / #win / #giveaway / #contest / etc. I never really got into the competitions on twitter, but done a few, best prize a SatNav (but I know of people winning tellies and other good stuff), majority books and makeup.

new topics

top topics

join