It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We should all comment on each others threads?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I like to hear about what people in other countries think. I don't like it when they use stereotypes, crass generalizations, and rude comments about what they assume Americans are like.

We're all different, just like any other country's population.

It is important to stick to the topic being discussed, and not stoop to insults. Concerning the second amendment threads, I've seen insults like "paranoid gun nuts", "inbred rednecks" and "stupid hillbillies with no intelligence". This does not add quality to the thread, nor does it benefit anybody...except perhaps the poster who's doing the insulting. I guess they enjoy the put-downs and the meanness.

From another country? I'd love to hear your point of view! Going to insult people? I'm gonna let you have it, within the T&C boundaries. It's just that simple.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by billy82269
We fought two wars so that we wouldn't need to worry about you Brits opinion of our society.

Above is a perfect example of what this thread is addressing. It's a reply to my post from another thread.

Nice thread woodwardjnr

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Getting slightly tired of this silly trend of members getting upset about members from other countries commenting in their threads. This is an international board and if I want to have an opinion on what's going on in your country then ill post it. The same should apply vice versa.

The beauty of ATS, is that it's an international site, so we have the benefit of opinion from others rather than just people from our own countries. It's a shame we don't have more countries represented. If we all stuck to just issues that concerned our own countries then ATS is going to get very boring

Most of the time much of what I see is posters just trying to out post each other. Just my view as a lurker mainly and a poster on a rare occasion. Like now. Peace.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

As a supporter of Manchester United, I can be counted on to bash other firms.
This said, I thoroughly enjoy the "International Flavor"(flavour) which sometimes graces ATS.
Perhaps if Americans, as well as folks from other nations, were more widely traveled, we would find we have far more in common than is thought.
A hot topic of late is gun control.
It seems that statistically the countries with the most draconian gun laws have a much higher incidence of violent crime than the U.S., but the ones who most loudly rail against American's 2nd amendment, have no awareness of the violence statistics in their own country, and when made aware of such statistics, begin an oft repeated pattern of insult and abuse.
It is said that though "sticks and stones may break one's bones words will never hurt thee", this is an absolute falsehood.
Words can and do hurt people, we all should be aware of this, and temper our comments to reflect that awareness.
A little consideration for our fellow man isn't so hard to have, if we will but try.
Unless of course they support any football team except for Manchester United, then all bets are off...LOL.

BTW Chief's Mom, I love your English Bulldog, almost as much as I love my own Staffordshire Terrier, beautiful dogs the English Bulls, and not anything like the blood thirsty devil dogs they are portrayed as being.
I was pretty much raised by an old female English Bulldog, and I'm not kidding, I was almost 8 years old before she would let me near the road. I still miss her.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
For a little chuckle, here's an example of what I encountered on a gaming board a number of times, over the years.
Game room is full, chat is lively, then a few start chatting in German, Spanish, French, etc. Suddenly, some tart(s) start demanding they "speak in English."

ROFLMAO many times.........my answer? "This is CYBER WORLD, and not confined to the US. Get used to it, or else learn another language!"

The funniest part was that those "foreigners" many times, were bilingual!!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I posted something along those lines on a thread the other day. basically I mentioned that the US and the UK have so much common history that it's silly to be at each other's throats all the time. But, it does get old being thrown in with stereotypes all the time.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Every country affects the world in some way or another, which of course makes any countries problems and debates valid for all humanity to discuss. We are all in this together.
edit on 13-1-2013 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join