It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tensions Escalate in Indo-Pak Border

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Here are the sequence of events..

Jan 6th - firing across LOC pak soldier killed

INdia claims - Indian army opened fire after they found pak army assisting infiltrators across the LOC
Pak claims - Indian army raided outpost unprovoked

Jan 8th - 2 Indian soldiers(Rajputana Rifles) killed,

India claims - bodies brutalised and head of one of the soldier missing
Pak claims- Refuses to accept any such incident took place

www.deccanherald.com...

Jan 9th - Pak soldier killed in firing

Pak claims - Unprovoked firing by indian troops
Indian - no claims yet

www.thenews.com.pk...

All trade and bus service across the LOC has stopped and Pakistan army has cancelled all leaves of soldiers..

"Unverified reports"

1000 soldiers Rajputana Rifles on fast asking for revenge

www.indiatvnews.com...

"other events which may or may not be related"

online.wsj.com...

116 killed and more than 200 civilians injured as 6 blast rips across the pakistan (convinient timing) ....

# may hit the fan here as well...

edit on 11-1-2013 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

The important thing is that these people make a damn tasty kabob.

Stop slapping each other around and open some more shwarma shops in the US.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
India will consider other options if Pak continues firing ceasefire violation-Indian Air Force-chief

Asserting that repeated ceasefire violations by Pakistan are "unacceptable", IAF chief Air Chief Marshal NAK Browne on Saturday warned that India may have to look at "some other options for compliance" if such incidents continue.

"We have a Line of Control, we have a ceasefireagreement, we have certain structures and mechanisms which are sacrosanct and any violation of these with impunity especially what has been happening in the last few months is totally unacceptable.

"We are monitoring the situation carefully because if these things continue to be the way they are and these violations continue to take place, then perhaps we may have to look at some other options for compliance," he told reporters in New Delhi on the sidelines of an NCC function.

The IAF Chief, who is the senior most armed forces officer in the country, was asked about the suggestions he has given to the political leadership on the brutal killing of two Indian soldiers by Pakistan Army.

Refusing to divulge the options being looked at by the Government, he said, "Options are options. We do not discuss these options openly. If the violations continue, we may have to look at the whole issue all over again."

Asked how would the military leadership uphold the honour of soldiers such as the two jawans killed by Pakistan Army, he said, "When you join the armed forces, you hold certain ethos, values and certain traditions of the country which you have to uphold."

On January 8, Pakistan Army regulars had infiltrated inside Indian territory in Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir and killed and mutilated bodies of Lance Naiks Sudhakar Singh and Hemraj there.

India has also been raising the issue of rising number of ceasefire violations by Pakistan in the last one year.

www.hindustantimes.com... 666.aspx

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is rather tense ... hope this does not get any worse...
edit on 12-1-2013 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-1-2013 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
This is quite interesting, considering that China is an ally of Pakistan and they recently told their army to be ready to win regional wars.

Something shifty up?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trajan
This is quite interesting, considering that China is an ally of Pakistan and they recently told their army to be ready to win regional wars.

Something shifty up?

Not to mention India sending warships to the South China Sea, to "protect assets".

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
luckily china has told Pakistan to solve the Kashmir issue on their own and denied any help...

Indian army chief also made a remark saying they will make aggressive moves along the Indo-pak LOC border if Pakistan breaks ceasefire.. While on their western front Taliban just killed 14 soldiers and killed 116 civilians the other day... Classic hammer and anvil ? ..I don't want to think my country is responsible for killing of civilians but the timing is too conviniant...

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Today's Peace talks fail...

Army Chief warns Pakistan, says will choose the time and place to retaliate.

ibnlive.in.com...

Seems like WW3 is going to start here....
edit on 14-1-2013 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by maddy21
Today's Peace talks fail...

Army Chief warns Pakistan, says will choose the time and place to retaliate.

ibnlive.in.com...

Seems like WW3 is going to start here....

Another conflict between these two countries would NOT start a third world war, just because two countries are arguing with each other and occasionally shoots at the other, it doesn't mean it'll drag the entire world in to war.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Krono

Do you realize Pakistani Generals will use their nuke's at a moments notice...they cannot survive a war for more than 5 days and they will use nukes if threatened .... IF you have any doubt do some some research....

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

reply to post by Krono

Do you realize Pakistani Generals will use their nuke's at a moments notice...they cannot survive a war for more than 5 days and they will use nukes if threatened .... IF you have any doubt do some some research....

Oh I see, so do you personally know the Pakistani Generals? Have they told you? Do you have inside information?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Krono

No...they themselves have told it in their reports in reply to a new military doctrine which was created by India ...
Their nuclear threshold is really low at the moment..considering the crisis...as i said do some research ...

This was first revealed by Musharaf and then later by General Kiyani and also other former Generals in their local TV programs...I could link them to you, but you would not understand a word...

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

reply to post by Krono

No...they themselves have told it in their reports in reply to a new military doctrine which was created by India ...
Their nuclear threshold is really low at the moment..considering the crisis...as i said do some research ...

They wouldn't be stupid enough to use WMDs, besides, I'm pretty sure the US administration are monitoring these events and will act accordingly to prevent the use of WMDs, may I ask for a link for the said reports?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krono

reply to post by Krono

They wouldn't be stupid enough to use WMDs, besides, I'm pretty sure the US administration are monitoring these events and will act accordingly to prevent the use of WMDs, may I ask for a link for the said reports?

Their country is getting destroyed , hyper inflation ,power cuts ,daily terror attacks. Good , if US would not allow that. But all you have to do is listen to the former ISI head Hamid gul , and Musharaff who had readied Nukes just for Kargil conflict

articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com...

indianpolitics.wordpress.com...

Buddy..this is for a war where India was attacked in its territory(Kargil conflict)...not one single thrust was made into Pakistani territory...

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
For all of ATS normal out of control fear mongering this is one that could get ugly. No none of the WW3 nonsense and not with nukes flying but a series of conventional clashes are likely. Of course this will do wonders to solidy a fractured Pakistan. Of course China and the US will not allow this to go to far.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I thought this sort of thing was pretty regular in this area?

Not really an escalation. This sort of thing in this area is called "Monday".

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
I thought this sort of thing was pretty regular in this area?

Not really an escalation. This sort of thing in this area is called "Monday".

It is, however it seems to be a bit more frequent over a period of a few days.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
For all of ATS normal out of control fear mongering this is one that could get ugly. No none of the WW3 nonsense and not with nukes flying but a series of conventional clashes are likely. Of course this will do wonders to solidy a fractured Pakistan. Of course China and the US will not allow this to go to far.

Interesting.

Known ties between U.S. & Pak.

And now there's this:
China, India agree to strengthen military ties

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
China and India seem to dance around things...
www.eurasiareview.com...

But personally I agree with the other poster.. they are always tense as hell on the indo pak border. China hasnt interfered yet.. and both pak and india ( pak specifically) doesnt want any nuke play. India would decimate Pakistan. In 1987 there was a big ruckus.. Pakistan was having a hissy and very close to nuking India. Its been pretty constant. India just in decenmber was testing their ABM systems... for pakistani or chinese ballistic missiles.. its always tense.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Beheading a soldier after crossing the ceasefire line is not common anywhere in the world,atleast check what you say.who in the world would tolerate mutilations of thier soldiers bodies,that is what the problem is.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
actually an america soldier was beheaded on the korean border by NORKS after he attempted to cut down a tree close to panmonjong, just saying.

second line

top topics

<<   2 >>

join