It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Administration Seeking To Test Anthrax Vaccines On Children

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

It is not a request to test on children at all - that is pure scaremongering.

It is a discussion as to whether OR NOT it would be ethical to test on children - many vaccine proponents say there is no point - the chances of an anthrax attack are miniscule, and how would you figure out the results anyway n the absence of actual anthrax?

The discussion itself, rather than the stupid scaremongering headlines, can be found here - note that it is "establishment" bioethicists who are opposing any suggestion of carrying out such trials.

Come on; the ONLY reason to discuss the issue is because someone wants to do it. If no one did, discussion would not be necessary.

No - that is not the only reason - it is entirely possible to discuss something that someone thinks MAY be requested at some time, and have "the answer" ready before the topic ever comes up.

But putting that aside just for the moment - where in any of it is the "Obama Administration" that wants to do such testing?

Answer to your question:

where in any of it is the "Obama Administration" that wants to do such testing?

www.bioethics.gov...

The link lists future conference dates and a quote from Obama that is unreal considering what they are proposing.
Deny ignorance.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Federal advisers endorse testing anthrax vaccine in children

articles.washingtonpost.com...

“We need to know more about the safety and immunogenicity of the vaccine as we develop plans to use the vaccine on a large number of children in the event of a bioterrorist’s attack,” said Ruth L. Berkelman of Emory University, a panel member.

That ought to give you a jolt. This next one should too.

Let's Test Anthrax Vaccine in Children/ Bio Prep Watch (May 3, 2011)
anthraxvaccine.blogspot.ca...

Yesterday it was announced that the government would be purchasing 3.42 million doses of anthrax vaccine to add to the civilian anthrax vaccine stockpile. This is on top of the military stockpile, and comes out of DHHS funds. The purchase adds up to $101 million to the total contract for DHHS' anthrax stockpile, now worth about $500 million. Stockpile cost could climb to over $2 billion if the government purchases the 75 million doses it said it needed

Well if that didn't make your day, a little more food for thought -same article:

Vaccine vials expire after 3-4 years, requiring continuous replenishment. What a marvelous business model! And what a way to throw taxpayer money into a black hole, according to the Center for American Progress.

Hey folks, the handwriting in on the wall. Mandatory anthrax vaccinations for kids in progress - looks like within the next 3-4 years.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Pretty sureal find there Lady. Its stupefying people still trust the government. I lost all faith after Nafta, Nevermind the (un)Patriot act, Homeland security,NCTC,NSA,Drone overflights and whatever other crap these guys are pulling in the name of security. Pretty sure the KGB used the same line.

Bill

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
This should be moved to the hoax bin, or internet lies forum..

...or to the forum labeled:

Posts made by people with utter disregard for truth, facts, critical thinking or simply being decent.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Posts made by people with utter disregard for truth, facts, critical thinking or simply being decent.

You always bring a smile to my face. Im still trying to figure out where your from.

Bill
edit on 12-1-2013 by Camperguy because: adjust question

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by spoogemonkey

No he's from Kenya,not New Guinea.
Every one knows the child sacrificing is done by those WAY higher than the POTUS.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Camperguy

Originally posted by buddhasystem

You always bring a smile to my face. Im still trying to figure out where your from.

Long Island.
Glad to see you smile. And what an idiotic thread indeed.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

Answer to your question:

www.bioethics.gov...

There is nothing on that page about the administration proposing anthrax vaccine testing on children at all.

Did you mean this page?

The link lists future conference dates

Indeed - which is not testing children with anthrax vaccines...

.... and a quote from Obama that is unreal considering what they are proposing.

This quote?

"As our nation invests in science and innovation and pursues advances in biomedical research and health care, it's imperative that we do so in a responsible manner." —President Barack Obama

What is unreal about it, since they are proposing that such advances should be made in an ethical manner? Are you suggesting that they should be made in an unethical manner? Or that there should be no advances at all??

Deny ignorance.

Try it some time.

edit on 13-1-2013 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Answer to your question:

www.bioethics.gov...

There is nothing on that page about the administration proposing anthrax vaccine testing on children at all.

Did you mean this page?

The link lists future conference dates

Indeed - which is not testing children with anthrax vaccines...

.... and a quote from Obama that is unreal considering what they are proposing.

This quote?

"As our nation invests in science and innovation and pursues advances in biomedical research and health care, it's imperative that we do so in a responsible manner." —President Barack Obama

What is unreal about it, since they are proposing that such advances should be made in an ethical manner? Are you suggesting that they should be made in an unethical manner? Or that there should be no advances at all??

Deny ignorance.

Try it some time.

edit on 13-1-2013 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

No I posted the link that says: "Presidential Commission for the Study of Bioethical Issues." at the top of the page. You know that makes this his baby.

Apparently you missed these among other posts:

Vaccine to Protect Children from Anthrax: Public Engagement Workshop
www.phe.gov...

and this:

www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2012-06-28/html/2012-15841.htm

On January 6, 2012, HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius asked the
Commission to ``conduct a thorough review of the ethical considerations
of conducting clinical trials of medical countermeasures in children,''
including the ethical considerations of conducting a pre- and post- event pediatric study of Anthrax Vaccine Adsorbed (AVA) as a component
of post-exposure prophylaxis, in order to address ``how best to obtain
clinical data on medical countermeasures in children.'' Accordingly,
the Commission is examining ethical issues surrounding the development
of medical treatments to keep children safe in the event of a public
health emergency. While significant progress has been made in the
development of medical countermeasures for adults, the development of
similar products for children has lagged, in part because of challenges
in conducting safety and immunogenicity studies. In the 2011 report,
``Challenges in the Use of Anthrax Vaccine Adsorbed (AVA) in the
Pediatric Population as a Component of Post-Exposure Prophylaxis,'' the
National Biodefense Science Board recommended that the Department of
Health and Human Services move forward with testing AVA before a public
health emergency but only after the ethical considerations are
adequately addressed and reviewed.

Did you see the word "Anthrax" and did you see the word "children?" If not, please go over it a few times and maybe you will find them. Also, did you notice the articles have a government link?

This repetition is getting tiresome. That's alright there will be more links incoming to explain it completely for people who don't get it I am sure. I'll post a few each time you deny it.

edit on 1/14/2013 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
This is about testing the Anthrax vaccine on the children.

THIS IS HAPPENING TODAY. Yes, they are saying "Anthrax" and "AVA" which is the Anthrax vaccine.

Watching session one right now.

www.tvworldwide.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Did you see the word "Anthrax" and did you see the word "children?" If not, please go over it a few times and maybe you will find them. Also, did you notice the articles have a government link?

Yes - I see a question - should anthrax vaccine be allowed to be tested on children. Eg

Accordingly, the Commission is examining ethical issues surrounding the development of medical treatments to keep children safe in the event of a public health emergency.

That is a question - not a proposal.

This repetition is getting tiresome.

Indeed it is - you abject refusal to acknowledge that discussing the ethics is NOT a propsal to "do it" is very tiresome.

But your continued inaccuracy needs to be continually pointed out.

edit on 14-1-2013 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Biodefense board’s anthrax vote ‘wasn’t easy’
blog.bioethics.gov...

The anthrax vaccine is known to be safe in adults. More than 10 million doses have been given to 1.2 million people – most of them in the U.S. military – with no major side effects. But there have been no studies on whether the vaccine is safe with children.

Some posters here beg to differ.

and Mr Gaul this is the reason why they are taking their dog and pony show around the country:

The chairman of the National Biodefense Science Board said today while his panel voted in favor of testing children with an anthrax vaccine prior to any anthrax threat, it also wanted a second opinion: an ethical review of doing the test.

Also known as getting a policy proposal rubber stamped or you could say they are working out the logistics. IMHO.

Might we see an Anthrax event that would remove any doubt from the public's mine that this testing and subsequent administration of AVA is absolutely necessary making it bioethically feasible?

I shudder to think it.

No, our government would never consider such a deed.

Since this is a conspiracy theory website I will confess that I consider that since 75 million vaccines are needed, there will be possibly 75 million children who survive a major Anthrax dousing that will become slaves for the NWO. Someone else here put that idea forth so I take no credit.

I must say they put it all out there for the public to see. You can't say you were warned and given a chance to provide input, folks.

How many reporters MSM are covering this story?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Just in case. It is good to be proactive don't you think?

How To Recognize Anthrax Poisoning
www.howtodothings.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
The purpose of anthrax vaccination is future conflict with Russia. Russia has an anthrax program that includes genetically engineered strains and unique coating technology that reduces electrostatic clumping which allows them to create an anthrax "gas". People in government expect the US to do something that will produce a Russian anthrax attack. I find it disturbing that some were urging that this story be labeled HOAX. The fact that more than one person would take the effort to do that makes me wonder if there is an agenda to bury the story.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adaluncatif
The purpose of anthrax vaccination is future conflict with Russia. Russia has an anthrax program that includes genetically engineered strains and unique coating technology that reduces electrostatic clumping which allows them to create an anthrax "gas". People in government expect the US to do something that will produce a Russian anthrax attack. I find it disturbing that some were urging that this story be labeled HOAX. The fact that more than one person would take the effort to do that makes me wonder if there is an agenda to bury the story.

I guess you would have to see what their background is. Pretty sure one of them is russian and one of them has a .gov email account. But that's what's fun about this site. It has a wide variety of people and views. Or do we

Edit,.Oh I did go to the links, and its there, they are considering well from my past experience with experimental vaccines, D.S. I have no doubt what their capable of.

Bill
edit on 15-1-2013 by Camperguy because: vaccines

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Way too much APathy. Most Americans live in ignorance, MSM, fast food, ego, and won't do anything til it's too late.

Its a sad state of affairs. Combine this with the Execuitve order coming out tomorrow on Federal Gun control. Alot of people are PISSED!!!!!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
As I stated earlier, I would post the governments response to the opinions shared on this thread.

Thank you for contacting the Presidential Commission for the Study of Bioethical Issues.

At the request of Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, the Commission is conducting a careful and transparent review of the ethical considerations of conducting clinical trials of medical countermeasures with children.

The Commission does not have a research protocol before it. It is outside the purview of the Commission’s Charter to review a specific protocol under HHS’ human subjects protections regulations. The task before the Commission is to enumerate the ethical considerations surrounding medical countermeasures research with children generally and those associated with a pediatric AVA study, specifically. The Commission will not render a final decision as to whether a particular study should move forward. Nor is it working to justify any particular protocol or outcome.

Again, thank you contacting the Commission.

Hillary Wicai Viers
Communications Director
Presidential Commission for the Study of Bioethical Issues
www.bioethics.gov

Again, thank you to all who shared.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

TO ALL OF YOU WHO SAID THIS IS A HOAX and ATTACKING THE OP????
YOUR WRONG!

ATS

Read it and weep!

Man up and admit your freakin wrong for a change OR sit back and swim in your ignorance!

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Thanks, seeker. I just hope they are aware now.

From what I can remember somewhere in this thread millions of vaccines have been ordered with a fairly soon expiration date. Massive testing? Limited testing with a rush to vaccinate? or more Who cares how much money we blow? I will try to find the story and add it to your link.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

It is not a request to test on children at all - that is pure scaremongering.

It is a discussion as to whether OR NOT it would be ethical to test on children - many vaccine proponents say there is no point - the chances of an anthrax attack are miniscule, and how would you figure out the results anyway n the absence of actual anthrax?

The discussion itself, rather than the stupid scaremongering headlines, can be found here - note that it is "establishment" bioethicists who are opposing any suggestion of carrying out such trials.

Come on; the ONLY reason to discuss the issue is because someone wants to do it. If no one did, discussion would not be necessary.

No - that is not the only reason - it is entirely possible to discuss something that someone thinks MAY be requested at some time, and have "the answer" ready before the topic ever comes up.

But putting that aside just for the moment - where in any of it is the "Obama Administration" that wants to do such testing?

Well, that's possible, but in most cases, things like this come up because someone offered them as something to do. As for your question, did you read the article? This is the "Presidential Commission for the Study of Bioethical Issues" doing the study. It's HIS commission.

ETA - Sorry I didn't respond sooner, but this didn't show up in the "myATS" list before now, and I lost track.
edit on 19-3-2013 by LadyGreenEyes because: added comment

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join