It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True Faith

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
True faith is trusting in Father, and waiting patiently for said outcome.

Depending on how much faith you have in God that he will do what you ask, depends on how much work God will do for you. You give him a lot of faith, he will give a lot of what you ask, you give him a little faith, you can surely expect a little in return.

Father helps those who are willing to help themselves. What I mean is that we must not just sit back and say oh well Father will provide. Now, saying God will provide is correct if you are working and you are tapped out. I am talking about the people who sit back and don’t put forth any effort at all and expect Father to even wash the dishes for them.

Many will look at others and wonder how can they have so much faith? It is because they have been through many situations and can look back at how they came through. We are put through many situations that cause us to wonder where is God in all of this. But, he is surely there. Does the teacher speak during the tests?

You pass your tests and Father will give you more in ways of faith, knowledge, love, or even things that are needed for your daily.

True faith is not letting worry or doubt overcome your mind. The world will tell you look at you, you just lost your job, where is your God now. Will you now falter because of this? No, you take what just happened as a learning experience. In your emotional downfall, you may feel as though Father is not there, but he sits back and watches what you will do next.

For instance, if you get back up and pound the pavement and do what is needed to get a job, he sees this. This shows him that you will do what is needed in almost any situation without stumbling. But, if you sit back and cry and moan, this shows that he will need to work on you more.

When you start to doubt and waver and start to do things by your own hand, that is when you see Father step back and say, he will now learn to trust in me, that I am God and will provide for you. Too many of us today, we try to do things our own way, we think we can take over the world by our own hand. We keep doing this and God will keep putting us through things to get our attention.

You can't stay in a steady relationship, you lose your car, you lose your debit card. Do not look at these as the devil attacking you, but look at it as Father trying to grab your attention. Give him faith, and watch how far he stretches his hand.
edit on 10-1-2013 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Thanks for this post. These are trying times for us all and our faith is getting tested daily. So many times I forget to pray but when I do I feel so much more connected and positive about my life and my families future when I do. Its hard to explain that to a person who doesn't pray or try to have a relationship with the Father.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Great post, amen.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I disagree that faith is a good thing, to believe in something with insufficient
evidence is not something that should be glamorized or praised and to teach our children
as though it were the truth is lying and if you ask me to lie to someone is immoral.
to force immorality in the guise of truth that you don't actually have is a huge mistake,
be honest with yourself and your children, believe if you want but do not claim
faith is a positive, it is the utter worst thing to ever come from religion, faith is the
excuse extremists use to justify murder.......... they believe in their god so much
without proof they choose to enact the most atrocious parts of the books religions
believe in. And they claim faith is their shield, of course it is, its their shield
against honesty, truth and knowledge.

Faith can be used to believe or justify anything you wish, as it does not require
any kind of proof, i have faith that Odin created everything, does that mean im
correct as well? no.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I am not convinced by your assertions.

Originally posted by jhill76
Depending on how much faith you have in God that he will do what you ask, depends on how much work God will do for you. You give him a lot of faith, he will give a lot of what you ask, you give him a little faith, you can surely expect a little in return.
edit on 10-1-2013 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

What your saying is, that God, an omnipotent being by most religious standards, chooses not to help people regardless if they are good or bad, simply because they don't have faith in him?

Sounds like your God is a spoiled little kid with a grudge towards independent thinking.

Stop filling peoples heads with the medieval mumbo-jumbo.
edit on 06/06/12 by Mads1987 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bloodreviara

"Faith" according to the Greek term isn't what we know as "faith" as it's used today in English. A better term to accurately describe the Greek word used in the text would be "trust" or even "reliant expectation". English is a fuzzy/lazy language, where one word is used for several connotations. Whereas Greek is a vastly more rigid and precise language.

And faith isn't belief in something with insufficient evidence anyways, so false premise.
edit on 11-1-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Mads1987

God rewards people because He is good, no other reason. He causes the rain and sun to fall upon the just and unjust alike without respect of persons. Now, with that said, it's impossible to please Him without faith, yet that isn't the basis for His goodness.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by iLoGiCViZiOnS
Thanks for this post. These are trying times for us all and our faith is getting tested daily. So many times I forget to pray but when I do I feel so much more connected and positive about my life and my families future when I do. Its hard to explain that to a person who doesn't pray or try to have a relationship with the Father.

I am glad it could help.

Yes, that is rather a task to relate that experience to others who don't share similar faith.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Hi jhill, though I think your spirit stuff is just as made up as the bible, I never see any evil in the god you believe in. If you were to write your own fictional bible, I would want the world to believe in your book rather than the monstrosities written in those other books.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by jhill76

Hi jhill, though I think your spirit stuff is just as made up as the bible, I never see any evil in the god you believe in. If you were to write your own fictional bible, I would want the world to believe in your book rather than the monstrosities written in those other books.

Understood, one day I hope you will believe. But, you keep the others on their toes and that is good. Thanks for the comments.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

"Faith" according to the Greek term isn't what we know as "faith" as it's used today in English. A better term to accurately describe the Greek word used in the text would be "trust" or even "reliant expectation". English is a fuzzy/lazy language, where one word is used for several connotations. Whereas Greek is a vastly more rigid and precise language.

And faith isn't belief in something with insufficient evidence anyways, so false premise.

Great explanation of the English word faith that we use to describe the trust in Father.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Great explanation of the English word faith that we use to describe the trust in Father.

straw that broke the came;'s back, here. i've read one too many posts of yours acting like your way is the only way...

i have faith in things... all sorts of things. this father you speak of isn't one of them. in fact, the only father i have is the one that conceived me with my mother.

i believe in the Goddess and her consort God... who both in fact have NOTHING whatsoever to do with your 'father' and 'mother.' i say this because i know you're going to try and act like you and i are talking about the same dieties. we're not.

so yeah... i'm sorry, i can't have faith in something that doesn't exist
i don't pretend to speak for others on how to live their lives and what to believe in, so please don't think it's your job to do that for me as well as everyone else... my belief system is just that... MINE. you seem to think everyone else is wrong, you're the ONLY right one and that whenever someone mentions their dieties all you do is act like your diety came first and also is the one they're talking about... but oh no! nooo YOURS is the ACTUAL one... theirs is just what they see YOUR god as.

you can only EVER speak for yourself and only yourself. saying, telling anyone who will listen, and above all trying hard to force people to believe(as i've noticed you like to do.... a loooottttt) in this 'father' you speak of is just the worst kind of human interaction.

WHEW.. i tink i may be done now.. again, sorry... 15 too many times seeing you be an almighty jesusfreak.. oops.. i meant FATHERfreak. same thing.

new topics

top topics

join