FDA Coverup? Could this be the start of addressing the recent spike in violent outbursts?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by skitzspiricy

Were you addicted to Ambiem? If so, what do I need to do to stop taking these things. I have been on them a long time and every night too. Why did the doctor not tell me about this. Guess I should have looked into this. I had no idea.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasonl1983
reply to post by Epirus

If the FDA were concerned about anyone's health and well-being, they would place an outright ban on drugs like Ambien. So please stop supporting your points with things the FDA has said or done, they are worthless.

The FDA cannot bite the hand that feeds. Have you investigated the professional backgrounds on some of the FDA big wigs? 5 will get you 10 that Big Pharma is on their resume before joining the FDA.
edit on 11-1-2013 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamherefornow

I was addicted to Zopiclone and Benzo's. But the Zopiclone was prescribed to me first and caused most of the problems, the Benzo's just added to them.

Here's a very informative support site that helped me a lot, there's a great deal of knowledagble people who have come off of Benzo's and Z-drugs or are still going through tapers. Register on the forum and make an introductory post explaining how much you take and for how long and they will give you advice and support.

Benzo Buddies

Here's another informative site:

TheTrap

The above has lots of info including the Ashton Manual. The Ashton Method is how most people taper off of Benzo's and Z-drugs. This is a must read.

The idea is that you gather up as much information on these drugs as possible and how to safely taper off them and go and see your prescribing Doctor to discuss slowly coming off them.

Some Doctors are just not aware of the addictive qualities of these medications and some just plainly don't believe the literature that has come out on them. But there are some Doctors that are very aware of the effects these drugs have and will be willing to work with you.

edit on 11-1-2013 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by skitzspiricy

Thank you for those links. I am bookmarking them so I can take my time and go through all the information. You have been a great help. I will probably print some of this out and speak to the doctor about this. Yes its time to get off these things. Thanks Again.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

Eric D. Perakslis, Ph.D., Chief Information Officer and Chief Scientist

Prior to FDA, Eric was Senior Vice President of R&D Information Technology at Johnson & Johnson Pharmaceuticals R&D and was a member of the Corporate Office of Science and Technology. During his thirteen years at J&J, Eric also held the posts of Vice President R&D Informatics, Vice President and Chief Information Officer, Director of Research Information Technology as well as assistant Director and Director of Drug Discovery Research prior to his current role.

Fda Division director profiles

Many of these folks are/were associated with this company, Alte Biosciences

Alte Biosciences is an intellectual property holding company. It is home for invention disclosures and patents developed by PharmaDirections. Alte Biosciences, in collaboration with PharmaDirections, has built a proprietary portfolio of innovative drug candidates for the treatment of late onset depression, inflammatory bowel disease and rheumatoid arthritis based on new compositions of matter and drug repurposing. The Company has also created novel solutions to support the formulation and manufacture of drugs products. PharmaDirections, Inc., is pharmaceutical consulting and project managment companyh. It focuses on supporting preclinical research, formulation development and manfuacturing, and regulatory affairs. PharmaDirections has an established track record of success in pharmaceutical value creation through risk-leveraged preclinical development and through development of new barriers to competition

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
That isn't the half of it. You should try being on pain meds just to be able to walk and be a functional member of society. The FDA and the DEA have made it about impossible for us people who need our pain meds to get them. Their solution to the drug abuse problem is to scare the pharmacies so bad they wont carry them or they are being investigated and having ridiculous rules put on them.

All the legit pain management doctors know this is NOT about the drug abuse problem. They were told years ago that they would soon see shortages in medication that they prescribe but then would not answer any questions why.

20 years ago they were handing out doctors license's like candy. They shut down most of the pill pushers but now they are going after the every day patient who can not live without it. The real criminal act is, if you can not find it in your area you are shat out of luck. Since all the DEA threats you cant even go to a darn hospital and get what you have a prescription for.

Long and short of it is Obama and Co are hell bent on bringing this country and its population to its knees in every way possible!!

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krakatoa

Originally posted by jasonl1983
reply to post by Epirus

If the FDA were concerned about anyone's health and well-being, they would place an outright ban on drugs like Ambien. So please stop supporting your points with things the FDA has said or done, they are worthless.

The FDA cannot bite the hand that feeds. Have you investigated the professional backgrounds on some of the FDA big wigs? 5 will get you 10 that Big Pharma is on their resume before joining the FDA.
edit on 11-1-2013 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

Where else would people who need advanced specialization in drugs come from? Some random off the street? Someone who doesn't know anything about drugs?
Where would you expect to find the people that know the most about drugs?
edit on 11-1-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge
That isn't the half of it. You should try being on pain meds just to be able to walk and be a functional member of society. The FDA and the DEA have made it about impossible for us people who need our pain meds to get them. Their solution to the drug abuse problem is to scare the pharmacies so bad they wont carry them or they are being investigated and having ridiculous rules put on them.

All the legit pain management doctors know this is NOT about the drug abuse problem.

This is such an ignorant statement. Do you know how bad the pain medication abuse problem is? It kills more people than all other drug problems combined! It's extremely serious and they had to take drastic measures because the increase in abuse was growing exponentially.
edit on 11-1-2013 by Ghost375 because: typo

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Holidakd
I can't remember the name of the thread but someone posted about the death of a rifle manufacturer who died in a mysterious car crash after posting a list of school shooters and the meds (anti depressants, anxiety, etc..) they were on, to Facebook.
It seems like it could be connected in some way.
I really want to know more about this "notebook" Holmes sent to his psychiatrist or whatever it was.

I smell urban myth

what's the point of killing him once it's on the net ?

lol

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
How the OP got from the FDA is lowering the recommended dose of a drug, to there's a conspiracy of sleep meds causing people to go on murderous rampages is simply delusional and isn't based on any facts.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I have been taking Ambien for years, as I have an autoimmune disorder and I have a lot of discomfort when lying still, as well as disruption of my sleep cycle, and it has worked very well for me. However, I have been on it long enough that I can remember what I did the night before and am in complete control. It's amazing how functional you are while on this drug.

Those who are unfamiliar with the drug may find themselves doing things they don't remember the next day. Cooking up a storm and pigging out is one. Calling people and / or chatting online is another. So is getting in your car and going for a drive. It even causes people to get into kinky situations, if you get my drift.

This drug is a hypnotic, so until you fall alseep, you are easy to manipulate, whether by your own mind, or by somebody else.

Some people cannot handle it, and for them, especially newbies, 1/2 dose is probably a good thing. It wouldn't hurt to have a "babysitter" (family member) watching you until it is established how you react on this drug.

However, for the rest of us who rely on a good night's sleep in order to function without pain the next day, and have been on it long enough, dropping the dosage isn't necessary.

Gotta say, though......The FDA is not our friend anymore. Perhaps, once upon a time, they were, but now...they are bought and paid for. It wouldn't surprise me if there was an ulterior motive for this suggestion.

I think the doctor is the one who should make this call.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus

Gotta say, though......The FDA is not our friend anymore. Perhaps, once upon a time, they were, but now...they are bought and paid for. It wouldn't surprise me if there was an ulterior motive for this suggestion.

I think the doctor is the one who should make this call.

I agree. Your own doctor should be making this call. Someone in Washington cannot make these blanket decisions for an entire country IMO.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Its hard for me to draw a line to connect the dots between the FDA action being a cover up over recent events nor any violent type behavior. Do we have any thing that points to the recent perps involved in the violent behavior as being on these medications ? I don't know but I am asking since the statement is made but nothing offered to show a connection.

Are theses meds responsiable for violent behavior ? The side effects do not list it as a side effect. I have taken Ambein for a short peroid and felt nothing as far as a propensity to violence. I did feel a little like dragging the following morning but most likely because I did not sleep for a full rest of 8 hours.

I just think it is a stretch for us to draw any conclusions with a simple statement of "Fact" without offering any evidence...it is as big a blunder as what the FDA has done by not acting sooner for us to make statments of fact when there is no evidence what so ever to even back up our claims.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by DJMSN

They are not known for thier violent behaviour as far as i'm aware. The idea of a hypnotic is to calm you and make you sleep. The only side effects i had when taking Z-drugs were some very mild hallucinations in the dark before i nodded off, a bit like something moving through the air, somewhat like the water in the film "The Abyss", but a bit more smoky looking. Seeing what i saw actually calmed me and made me feel quite comforted rather than frightened me.

The trouble is the addictive qualities of these drugs when taken daily for long periods. When you become tolerent you start getting interdose and tolerence withdrawals. Meaning your body is craving a higher dose more frequently.

Withdrawal Symptoms can range from increased anxiety, rebound insomnia, tinnitus, depression, mood fluctuations, Cognitive issues (Cog Fog), Myoclonic twitches/jerks in legs and arms, Internal jitters (which i believe is the CNS going nuts), Vertigo, pins and needles and coldness in hands and feet, Weakness in legs, Malaise, Fatigue, headaches, gastrointestinal issues and many more.

Some people can have seizures if they are cold turkeyed or rapid tapered from these medications. Not everyone, but it's a possibilty that shouldn't be messed around with.

Now as someone who has been through and is still going through most of the above as i drop lower on my taper. I can honestly say i have never been violent or wanted to be. I have been a bit short on the odd occasion, but only because i have felt so cruddy. When i get these kinds of waves, all i want to do is curl up into a little ball and wait it out. Although i can't speak for everyone.

Not everyone will suffer from all of the symptoms i mentioned above, and there are some who will suffer from the majority of the above, everyone is different.

What does concern me is that Doctors may say to some patients who are on high doses of these medications, that "The FDA states you need to take a lower dose" and drop you from the high dose to the new lower dose potentially putting people into withdrawal without even realising it.

I do hope that the FDA plans to give prescribing Doctors strict regulations that explains to them how it can be potentially dangerous and incredibly uncomfortable to a patient if they were to just drop a large percentage of their medication in one go.

Some Doctors are aware of the effects these drugs have on people and how they need to be safely tapered, some are not, and some choose to not believe it.

I would advise anyone taking these medications. If your Doctor suddenly states that by law you have to drop down your daily dosage in one go without mentioning tapering slowly, that you arm youself with as much information you can and you makesure your Doctor works with you on tapering slowly down to the dose they expect you to be on.

edit on 12-1-2013 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
My ex-wifes cousin jumped out of an 8 story apartment in Hoboken NY. The same place where the QB Manning lives. He was taking Ambien, which has a long History of side effects. Interesting to note also, he was taking Propecia for hair loss, which apparently can cause permanent ED. The Fact here is Dont trust Big Pharma..

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join