It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm calling it now: Americans will crumble when Obama calls for new gun laws

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

So, basically, you think people have no Idea how to live on their own and will die out almost instantly. Let me guess, you live in a city and possess none of the skills you've mentioned, so you think nobody does. how do you think people dealt with such things 100 years ago? Fuel is much easier to come by than you think, especially considering that all farms have at least 800 gallons of diesel and a smaller amount of gasoline to keep their equipment running without having to constantly go to the gas station. Feed for poultry is a foolish thing to ask about, obviously you've never owned any poultry, chickens especially can live by scratching food out of the dirt, why do you think people use the phrase "chicken feed" when referring to cheap things. Chickens and other fowl are the easiest livestock to take care of. As for pesticides, that's a pretty recent invention in the history of agriculture. Drought? Ever heard of irrigation? As far as diseases and difficult births, yes, people will die, but those are things that have plagued humanity for the entirety of it's existance, do you think that we've always had hospitals and medicine?

As far as fuel goes, do you know what biodiesel is? do you know how easy oil is to produce from plants/animal fat? You have heard of biodiesel vehicles literally using old fryer oil to operate, correct?
edit on 13-1-2013 by dave_welch because: add last two sentences

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Superman 2012, I think we should start our own thread about this, as it seems we may have derailed this one.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dave_welch

Haha, I guess you are right, although we are still kind of on topic...let's get a mod in here to see if we can continue this discussion. You ok with that?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Sounds good to me, as I think we're having a good discussion and could probably get good input from others.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Yes, if other people would participate...maybe if we promise to star them.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Well, I imagine other people will participate, but keeping it from becoming US vs Canada nonsense will be the problem.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   

That's ok, that just shows a weak argument.

I alerted the mods, I haven't heard anything yet...if you start a new thread, u2u me the link please.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Americans will crumble when Obama calls for new gun laws

You guys are stumbling, but I think it is salvageable.

How ever, if the idea of an expanded discussion appeals to y'all, by all means.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
reply to post by PLAYERONE01

you were so quick to throw me under the bus and have snarky comments directed towards me, but now that i give a valid opinion on your trolling thread, you have nothing to say, typical troll behavior. next time you troll dont make it so obvious, you will get more responses so you can meet those with your own pointless responses of which will allow you to build your own selfworth. or what ever the drive behind trolls are

edit on 13-1-2013 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

I do believe I replied to you Doc, or are you talking about your cut and paste reply from another thread which i do believe by the way is against T&C. tut tut

Now about your trolling comment. again, I ask you what are your plans in the near future if the government brings in strong sweeping gun laws, how far are you willing to go, will you DocHollidaze lay your life on the line for the 2nd amendment and the free rights of your fellow Americans be they black white Asian Mexican gay or lezibian.
It is you Sir that is trying to troll me quite unsuccessfully and amateurishly too i might add.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger

Oh my God. Im hardly angry, upset, nor has my “sox been rocked”. Only with laughter. Lets respond to your words here…then Im done.

*You: “…asking to know my country of origin, why? so you can start racial slurs..”
Response: RACIAL slurs? Youre not playing THAT card? Meaning Im sure that to you…race is an issue. You gave that away….also that it must be an issue in your home-country.
*You: ”this is what you are having a hard time dealing with….. no beating around the bush its just rocking your sox….”
Response: Im having a hard time keeping a straight face with your animosity. Thats easy to see in all your words.

*You: “ because I am serving it to you with no political correctness…”
Response: I agree with you about that. You have served it to us without ANY political correctness whatsoever. If its NOT correct? Then by default, it must be IN-correct!
*You: “…my god I may even be American ever thought of that….”
Response: Sure. But you wouldn’t have called US “YOU Americans!” Right? So, seems you aren’t.

*You: “...trying to figure out a way to troll…”
Response: No. We think you’ve got that covered here.
*You: “your RIGHTS…"
Response: Again…your implying youre NOT American, because you didn’t say “OUR rights”…so you were referring to those other than yourself.

Ok. Based on your words…what did we learn?
1. Youre probably of a different race (but that shouldn’t matter... but you played that… so it must matter to you in your country).
2. You assume youve ticked me and others in non-agreement with you. If you “rocked our sox” at all….it was with laughter over your comments. (Im sure that “You Americans” reference did it for ½ the Americans reading that.)
3. The “troll” comment is exactly what your thread implied. (Again…ie: "YOU Americans")

ATS is a great place. And you’re entitled to your observations.

Now, Im done. MS

so therefore based on your intelligent summation, you would have laid out an intelligent formula on:
A. how Americans who support gun rights and the 2nd amendment and would react in a alert scenario and
B. what you feel the future holds.
but no, you and many others have chosen to take an aggressive path, attacked me for my opinion, my points of view, wanted to know my country of origin , all invalid points to do with the thread, tried to dismiss the thread as a troll and invalid, all to get it shut down, instead of answering the god damn question, why?
I'd rather have visions of grandeur too, i suppose if i couldn't come up with an answer.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by PLAYERONE01
I'm gonna call it now. when its crunch time and the government calls it, your bluff that is, none of you Americans that blab on and on about your constitution and your gun rights are going to man up and have a go. why , because you are all full of *.
I honestly feel the majority of you are banking on nothing happening, at least in your time anyway. but when the gun laws come in and the weapon amnesty starts, you will all line up and hand them in, just like your told, just like good citizens should. After all most of you on here keep this as a secret and are just keyboard warriors.

It has been happening in baby steps. And we will keep baby stepping all the way to losing most all of our freedoms.

Now, will people do anything if guns are taken? Will that be the line in the sand? Maybe. What else are all of these people going to buy guns for? For casual target shooting? I don't think so.

I have often said that people will do nothing because they did nothing when TSA was installed in our airports, but I honestly think this time, guns will be the line in the sand.

Aside from all this, I have always and will continue to refrain from discussing what my family and I will do in a SHTF situation on a public forum or on any computer, for that matter. I think some things need to remain private to protect us.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Don't trust PLAYERONE01, I smell an agent trying to troll up some resistance to this idea in order to find out who on ATS is hardcore. This guy fits the profile, don't offer him any info at all!

Resist the temptation to voice your real opinions, don't react with emotion and give yourself away.

I smell a big fat rat.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

wow, (face in hand, rubs eyes, and thinks to self why even try)

but here it goes.

yes i did cut n paste but because i would have typed the same thing for both threads. your opinion states that we will all do nothing.

my opinion states the reasons why Americans have nothing to be scared of, and why i think that more people will fight for the Constitution than you think, as i stated before you dont give civilians too much credit, or your just trying to get emotional responses from people by taunting them.

so ive given you my thoughts on the matter with my post about why Americans have a chance and you have not given me any feedback on my post. which indicates that this is just an poor attempt of a troll to get the attention he never gets in real life.

please prove my last statement wrong by actually responding to the post in which i gave you my opinion on the matter
edit on 14-1-2013 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

ha i was thinking the same thing, all he has been trying to do is get emotional responses, i suggest all who respond to this guy dont indicate yourself in anything just speak as a spectator on the matter or put hypothetically speaking in what ever post you feed him

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichiganSwampBuck
Don't trust PLAYERONE01, I smell an agent trying to troll up some resistance to this idea in order to find out who on ATS is hardcore. This guy fits the profile, don't offer him any info at all!

Resist the temptation to voice your real opinions, don't react with emotion and give yourself away.

I smell a big fat rat.

This is a cop out and makes me believe that you have no real argument, instead using a straw man argument to draw attention away from the fact that you will not answer any questions because they challenge your ideals(?), furthermore, if you don't wish to respond to anyone on a thread on the subject matter of the thread then feel free to start your own thread where you can make the rules. This isn't One Upsmanship, this is trying to have a logical discussion/debate. To state that the poster is some sort of "agent" is akin to saying that you don't want to partake in this thread while at the same time taking part in it. Damn I hate trolls.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Don't see how I'm a troll when I'm telling the other posters to not fall for playerone, the real troll here. Don't give him an inch. Of course anyone can ignore my posts, but I'm not the only one on this thread that thinks he is an agent stirring up trouble to fill out his list. He's on my list, I think superman2012 is going on my list too, unfortunately, he doesn't fit the profile. I'll be keeping an eye on him though.
edit on 14-1-2013 by MichiganSwampBuck because: last line

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

Put me on the list!! Check it twice!!! I do work for the government...that is not a lie.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I have a method to weed out the dross. You don't fit the profile. Also, why should I care if you work for the government. You don't know what work I do and for what type of business, could be I work for the government too. Which one do I work for though? That is something that you should be asked.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze

the same discussion is going on in another thread, but the op was obviously trying to have a serious discussion.
and not trolling out. anyway this is my thoughts on the matter. it sucks we have to have these disscusions, i hope for only peace and diplomatic solutions.

we dont have these things and the powers that be have all these things. and have had these things for years. so long in fact that men and women that have been a part of the goverment war machine have left the war machine and now live amongst us. whomever joins the fight against the tptb would do well to seek out the elders that have known there enemy because they once were the enemy before they were the enemy. And if our recent past wars are any indication of how some veterans feel of the war machine there will be ones that seek out the rebels and defend the people at all costs, and what hacker doesn't want to fight the man, tech-men will be found in the search by civilian leaders and recruited. who doesn't love home field advantage, if a civil war broke out rebels vs feds most likely all deployed to a rebel zone will be attacking a group of locals who know there land and there back roads and general local knowledge of which will serve them well. and i believe that American feds will not napalm or destroy there own resources to kill a few natives, they will be forced into a ground war which will take away from the feds there superior mass destruction weapons. and as the feds kill civilians more will join the cause, when they watch there brothers and sisters die. death only warrants more death. and finnaley what contending super power is not waiting for when the federal american goverment is busy with and internal war. they will strike when america is preoccupied and may even side with the rebels just as america has sided with the rebels in times of late. if the feds turn on the people they will not have an easy confrontation, and it may even lead to there own demise. edit on 11-1-2013 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given) and not to mention local leaders will know were to take out federal infrastructures and then there is always mercenary's foreign or local. i think you dont give civilians much credit

well written and I agree, to a point. this is a scenario that could very well be played out but only if all the civilian population is convinced that supporting the pro gun choice / freedom 2nd amendment groups is the way to go.
and first it has to get to a an uprising stage.
I put to you this scenario:
public opinion against guns , of all kinds, is tainted, then through media subversion the message is put out that guns are bad, through pop culture etc.people like alex jones give people in our area a bad name which spouts more media hype about guns, and the negativity builds.
now the average Joe he doesnt really care, he just see's it all going on on T.v. but the plan is the seed of doubt has already been sewn, now they just have to keep chipping away, so the next move is in the media using the "possible urban terrorist" word mixed with people who own "lots of guns" now before too long that becomes the next buzz word.
you have to remember all "they" need to do is sway opinion away from the mass of people that dont own a gun or dont care, so if the average person is at home watching fox news and they see LIVE footage of a house getting raided and fox call it " part of a terrorist cell(i.e.your militia friends) expect more arrests in the coming days " they are going to think it is for real a terrorist bust arnt they, as the average person is subjected to all kinds of marketing by the government through MSM,
I believe that both our scenarios are possible and likely,

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by PLAYERONE01
I'm gonna call it now. when its crunch time and the government calls it, your bluff that is, none of you Americans that blab on and on about your constitution and your gun rights are going to man up and have a go. why , because you are all full of *.
I honestly feel the majority of you are banking on nothing happening, at least in your time anyway. but when the gun laws come in and the weapon amnesty starts, you will all line up and hand them in, just like your told, just like good citizens should. After all most of you on here keep this as a secret and are just keyboard warriors.

I guess you are one that likes to bend over and take it, you will be the first one to cry like a girl when they disarm everyone and the government starts telling you what you can or not do, and how to do it, when they come and confiscate your property just because they need it. etc etc.

We have a HUGE DEBT and if you try to take our right to defend ourselfs they can raise the tax to repay that debt, they can tell you you can't have gold, silver etc. your food supply should not be more than a month worth of food, etc etc. they can do whatever they want to control you.

From all of this if they try to confiscate our guns they will find a Civil War and Revolution.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join