It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm calling it now: Americans will crumble when Obama calls for new gun laws

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

You win.

Fortunately, I don't see the US government attempting this so we will never have to see what exactly happens. I don't think everyone would react like that, just quite a few. History has proven it. But you are right, no sense arguing about hypothetical situations, and how someone would hypothetically react.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by PLAYERONE01
I'm gonna call it now. when its crunch time and the government calls it, your bluff that is, none of you Americans that blab on and on about your constitution and your gun rights are going to man up and have a go. why , because you are all full of *.
I honestly feel the majority of you are banking on nothing happening, at least in your time anyway. but when the gun laws come in and the weapon amnesty starts, you will all line up and hand them in, just like your told, just like good citizens should. After all most of you on here keep this as a secret and are just keyboard warriors.

We are intelligent, we gun owners will do what we have to do when the time comes, there is no need to stir the $ hit up right now, let the goverment play whatever they want, gun ban could happen but gun confiscation is a wet dream from antigun polititians, IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN , it will work the first day but expect a war on the second day, and it's not because I love guns, its because WE LIKE TO BE FREE, and freedom only comes when citizens are armed to protect themselves against the "bad guy" (robbers, killers and tyranny in government)
edit on 12-1-2013 by cdesigns because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-1-2013 by cdesigns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
There is a serious government push for gun control scheduled to go into effect as of 16th or 17th of Jan.
That is only in 3 to 4 days from now.
It looks like the stock market is anticipating a drop as well.
The gun-ban will guarantee the civil unrest and the NWO's goal will be achieved!
Martial law will be next, a couple of years later.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Obviously, the 'OP' is stating a personal line of thought with regards to the coming gun control, but I think he states it too bullishly for it to become much of a reasonable debate, as it instantly polarizes everyone into their preferred stance.

Gun control will arrive through criminalizing ownership of certain types of guns. It won't be a sudden blanket-wide confiscation, it will be a slow and gradual limitation on what type of guns can be reasonably owned for self-protection...gun control will take years to implement.

Focus will be made primarily on semi and automatic weapons, and also, new legislation against gun manufacturers. It could begin by making it law for the manufacturers to mark each gun with serial codes that can track any gun throughout its life. Thus: a new gun is made, and it is given the required serial codes, which are then entered (by law and by the manufacturer) onto a federal database. The manfucturer will have to register the name and address and other details of whomever buys their guns, whilst the buyer will also have to register their own details, and those of the guns they buy from the manufacturer.

When you go into a gunshop to buy a new gun, you too will have to register your details, including photographic and DNA evidence of whom you are, and the gun and its serial codes will be affixed to you and your identity, making you the 'gun buyer' responsible and accountable for the gun, and especially its whereabouts. If you sell it privately, both you and the private buyer will have to register the sale and your details onto the federal register/ The all point of the exercise being able to track the gun, whom bought it and whom sells it on.

Random physical checks by federal agencies will ensure that you are the legal owner of the gun. If at any time you cannot fulfill the check criteria, you will have to answer to it, with punishments of either fines or jail time, and/or time limited to life prohibition of owning a gun.

Guns already in existence and already owned will have a time limited amnesty to have them registered. After that, it starts to get draconian on your ass. Gun owners whom do not register their already-owned guns will face severe federal punishments including full confiscation and unable to own a gun again. All this without a single gun being taken off the street, or anyone's constitutional right to own a gun infringed. Before you can disarm the hand, you need to disarm the holster.

None of the above is designed to take your gun off you, but to introduce criminalization of certain types of non-legal ownerships. Once you have the legislation in place, you can then use the law to go after the non-legally owned guns, and after a couple of decades of serial code registers, the agencies will know whom has a gun, and where it is, and you'll be in serious trouble if you cannot fulfill the check criteria.

The 'OP' is quite right in stating that there will not be an all-out uprising, it really will not happen. There might be a few Waco-style incidents, where brutal confiscation will occur, but after a few of them, most people won't want the hassle or to face such life-threatening situations. Gun control is coming, It will take decades to implement, but it is coming.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I disagree. In this economy, I really doubt that people are running out and spending their dwindling dollars on firearms and ammunition for the purpose of turning them in. While plenty of these folks are under the misguided impression that they will "appease" the Nazis who come for their guns with a junker or two and hang on to their good stuff, it will soon become apparent that those coming for your guns are not just coming for your guns. If they can take your guns with impunity, they can hardly be expected to resist the temptation to take whatever else you have that they may want, including your wife or daughter. I am pretty sure that Americans are a lot smarter than they were in 1994 and have re-read a lot of history they may not have considered important back then, when times were good and this scenario sounded like crazy conspiracy talk. I know I am and have. History is repeating itself, but vast swaths of the population now know WHICH history is repeating- the soviet/communist/totalitarian history that killed 200 million in the 20th century. You say you think we are full of it. You don't know us. As a friend of mine once said, "In America, we build monster trucks for fun. Wait 'til you see what we can do when you really piss us off!" Finally, never forget that so many of us serious shooters are grandparents, and nothing is more precious to us than our grandchildren, and nothing is more important to us than preserving their future. I am old enough now that, if I were to die today, I would not be missing much. But I am still young enough to put up a hell of a fight against anyone threatening the future of these little ones. It is my duty, and my sacred obligation, to defend them and their nation from all enemies, foreign and domestic. I am not unique. At least a hundred million others here feel the same way I do. So when they come to take our guns, they had better bring a lot of jack-booted thugs, and the thugs had better pack a lunch. I intend to make it an all-day job. Don't underestimate real Americans. We were a sleeping giant. But we are awake now.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
NUTS!

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by PLAYERONE01

Well first of all I have no clue where you're getting this idea from. I know plenty of people who wouldn't be afraid to take up their guns and fight for what they believe in. Secondly, our second amendment is what this country was built on, and without it, we will fall. Third, I see no way how Obama could rally up enough anti-gun nuts to get a ban passed. I do agree somewhat with you when you say some will just hand their guns over without any fighting or arguing, but to be honest, there aint no way the feds would get mine. Too many people rely on their guns for food also. By the way, which country are you from anyway?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

I'm gonna call it now. when its crunch time and the government calls it, your bluff that is, none of you Americans that blab on and on about your constitution and your gun rights are going to man up and have a go. why , because you are all full of *.
I honestly feel the majority of you are banking on nothing happening, at least in your time anyway. but when the gun laws come in and the weapon amnesty starts, you will all line up and hand them in, just like your told, just like good citizens should. After all most of you on here keep this as a secret and are just keyboard warriors.

I couldn't agree more !!!

The American people have neither the intestinal fortitude, the mental or emotional ability nor the moral aptitude or courage to implement "blowback" or resistance to ANY TYRANNY OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER !

I SINCERELY BELIEVE that if the American people were told by the Federal government that Federal Agents were making sweeps from city to city and town to town and would rape all girls and women over the age of 7, would shoot and kill all firstborn males children regardless of age, would sodomize all other males and then rob and plunder all household valuables, then demand a politely worded "Thank you sir, may I have another?"...I SINCERELY BELIEVE THAT ONE WOULD SEE ABSOLUTELY NO RESISTANCE FROM AMERICANS WHATSOEVER!

A lot of blogs crying the old standard of "Yeah...we're not going to take this crap...time to fight back for our freedoms..." etc...etc.. Yes, we'd see a lot of that...

But the idea that Americans would ever TRULY take a viable stand against their owners...NEVER !!!

YES...THIS IS A NON ELOQUENT RANT IN CAPS !!

THE TIME ATTEMPTING TO REACH WITH REASON AND BY MEANS OF THOSE ELOQUENT ELOCUTIONISTS HAS NOW FADED INTO THE SUBTLE LONGINGS OF THE PAST.

AMERICANS ARE STRIKINGLY DEAF AS WELL AS DUMB...THEY ARE FREAKING MUTE, UNLETTERED, ILLITERATE AND INSUFFERABLY STUPID BEYOND ALL MORAL AND INTELLIGIBLE COMPREHENSION !!!

NOTHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN TILL YOU AMERICANS MAKE IT STOP !!!

WHAT PART OF THIS DON'T YOU SUPERIOR NEWTONIANS UNDERSTAND ???

THE TIME FOR MASS CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE ATTENDED BY ALL AMERICANS OF GOOD CONSCIENCE AND NOBLE BLOOD ON A NATIONAL SCALE HAS ARRIVED !!!

GANDHI, ONE OF THE GREATEST HUMAN BEINGS TO EVER GRACE OUR PLANET. FREED AN ENTIRE NATION FROM THE BONDS OF THE BRITISH EMPIRE WITHOUT FIRING A SINGLE SHOT AND INSPIRED OVER 300 MILLION PEOPLE TO TAKE THE BLOWS THAT RESULTED IN THEIR EVENTUAL FREEDOM !!!

ARE WE AMERICANS OF ANY LESS HONORABLE BLOOD AND NOBLE STOCK AS THESE?

YA GRUMBLING, MUMBLING, STUTTERING, MARBLE MOUTH, DROOLING, STAMMERING DOPES !!!!

I POSTED THIS EARLIER THREADS BUT NOBODY LEARNS ANYTHING WITHOUT CONTINUAL REPETITION AND I'LL POST IT AGAIN UNTIL SOMEONE WITH AN IQ JUST ABOVE PLANT LIFE FINALLY GETS IT !!!

AMERICANS ARE GETTING EXACTLY WHAT THEY HAVE BEEN BEGGING FOR AND THUS DESERVE...AND THEY CAN"T SEE IT !!!!

YOU SIT AROUND ALL DAY AND COMPLAIN ABOUT IT BUT NOT A ONE OF YOU HAS THE STONES TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT !!!!!

YOU'RE ALL NOTHING BUT A BUNCH OF PINKY FINGER TAPPING, BLOG POSTING, BS WANNABE HEROES WITH NOT A OUNCE OF HONOR OR A DROP OF GUTLESS BLOOD IN YOUR VEINS !!!

WHEN IN THE WORLD ARE YOU GOING TO ACTUALLY LEARN FROM HISTORY?

TAKE A FEW TRUE HISTORY LESSONS...THE REVOLUTIONARY WAR FOR AMERICAN INDEPENDENCE, THE CIVIL WAR, THE FRENCH REVOLUTION...THAT'S WHAT THESE GUYS WERE FIGHTING FOR...AGAINST POLICE AND GOVERNMENT BRUTALITY !!!

AT LEAST THEY HAD THE HONOR AND GUTS TO STAND (AND DIE IF NEED BE) AGAINST SUCH BRUTALITY !!!

NOT LIKE THE REST OF YOU WIMPS !!!

SORRY THE TRUTH HURTS SO BADLY !!!

QUIT YER BITCHIN' AND ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT YA HALF A SISSIES !!!!!!

AND IF YOU DON'T THINK THAT THE OLD WARS HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH TODAY'S POLITICAL CLIMATE THEN I STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU GO BACK TO KINDERGARTEN AND LEARN THE REAL HISTORY BEHIND THE CONFLICTS !!! AND NOT THE LIES AND BS THAT SO MANY OF THE ILL INFORMED WOULD HAVE YOU BELIEVE !!!

THE EXACT SAME THING WAS HAPPENING TO THE CONFEDERATE STATES THAT IS HAPPENING TO ALL AMERICANS NOW, NORTH, SOUTH, EAST & WEST...TODAY !!!

NOW THAT IT'S HAPPENING TO YOU HOW DO YOU LIKE IT ???

HOW DOES IT FEEL ???

NOW YOU KNOW HOW THEY FELT AND WHAT THEY FOUGHT FOR !!!

YA BUNCH A GARBLING, BLUSTERING, LIP LICKING, MEALY MOUTH, DODDERING, STAMMERING, KNUCKLE-DRAGGING, MEAT EATING, NEANDERTHAL, DWEEB-NUT, DOLTS !!!!

I DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE REST OF YOU IMPOTENT, GUTLESS FOLKS FROM OTHER STATES BUT I URGE ALL TEXANS OF NOBLE STOCK AND HONORABLE BLOOD TO UNITE !!!

LISTEN TO THE MOST HONORABLE TRUTHFUL VIDEO LINKS BELOW AND FOR THE SAKE OF ALMIGHTY GOD IN HEAVEN LET IT INSPIRE YOU WITH SOME F***ING PRIDE, GUTS AND THE NOBILITY TO RISE UP AGAINST THE TWO PARTY MONOPOLY OF THESE FEDERAL AND GLOBAL TYRANTS !!!

QUIT BLOGGING AND DO SOMETHING !!!

FOR GODS SAKE SHOW SOME F***ING PRIDE AND COURAGE !!!

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
AND THIS IS THE FACE AND VOICE OF THE GLOBAL ENEMY WE'RE ALL FACING !!!

IF THAT'S TOO MUCH FOR YOU GUTLESS COWARDS THEN PERHAPS THE LATE MR. CARLIN CAN SET YOU STRAIGHT...IF IT COMES FROM ME YOU WON'T LISTEN...BUT IF IT COMES FROM HIM ("Hey Clem, he was famous, let's listen!") PERHAPS YOU WILL !!!

WELL IF THAT DIDN'T REACH YOU THEN PERHAPS MR. BEALE CAN REACH DOWN AND IGNITE SOMETHING WAY DOWN IN THAT SICK, APATHETIC, SLOTH OF A THING YOU CALL A SOUL !!!

NOW DARE TO LISTEN TO THE MOST HONORABLE ANTHEM BELOW AND FOR THE SAKE OF ALMIGHTY GOD IN HEAVEN LET IT INSPIRE YOU WITH SOME F***ING PRIDE, GUTS AND THE NOBILITY TO RISE UP AGAINST THE TWO PARTY MONOPOLY OF THESE FEDERAL AND GLOBAL TYRANTS !!!

DO NOT GIVE INTO SLAVERY !!!

edit on 13-1-2013 by lapi7 because: Inserted viable link

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   

define crumble?? If by crumble you mean the people will say no and the government will do whatever it wants?? because if we get gun laws that will be exactly how it happens.

I got a mat, and a set of gloves... come on over loser eats my keyboard.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger

I am hardly mad. Just saddened at those who sit outside America and tell us how to live, what our country's freedom and Constitution means and represents, and how it works.

And I still respectfully suggest....you and they....are jealous....and apparently angry. * ie: your words as in...(sounded as if with a snarl..."YOU Americans!")

You'd be better served worrying about what goes on in your own country. Difference being? I wont profess to opinion and analize your politics.....because Im not living there. But, we could start discussing yours, yes?

So. You live where? Tell us, and we'll begin.

Ok, lets start witiiith... you.

Jealous no, angry, definitely not, intrigued maybe!
I am not telling you how to live, or fight or plan. I am making a social comment on current political issues, this is what you are having a hard time dealing with. because I am serving it to you with no political correctness, no beating around the bush its just rocking your sox.
now this thread, again, I reiterate is not a hate thread it is a social comment based on current events. the fact that so many people have chosen to lay there venom back at me is pathetic, and you sir asking to know my country of origin, why? so you can start racial slurs and try to change the direction of the debate is childish and pathetic.
my god I may even be American ever thought of that.
now maybe the majority of you who are to busy trying to figure out a way to troll me why don't you invest some time in reading Lapi7's post's in this thread. it seems while the majority of you cant seem to see the Forrest for the trees and seem to think giving yourselves high fives and ass slaps in the proverbial locker room over one liners is a "cool thang". you have about 4 days i think before this gun law thing gets rolling, now from memory none of you really gave a * when bush and obama rolled through all the acts that killed a heap of your "RIGHTS" in the past.

edit on 13-1-2013 by PLAYERONE01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
In response to folks from countries other than America who believe we will just fold when challenged on our 2nd Amendment rights... For that matter I will also include our extreme liberals that still think so... This is not the UK or Australia, we have a Constitutional right that will not be denied. Just thought I would point out that California already passed an assault weapons ban and required registration by current owners. Out of more than 500,000 of these guns know to be held by law abiding Californians, only 27,000 of them were ever registered. Compliance was less than 3%. When and if it comes to police and military getting involved in any sort of confiscation scheme, there simply aren't enough of them to carry out something like this. Aside from the fact that less than half of them would support such an action (I have a lot of friends that are cops). I don't doubt there will be another ban of some kind, but as in past cases it simply makes the ones in circulation more valuable. The NRA, NRA-ILA and other pro-gun groups are gaining membership faster than ever. I would suggest anyone who believes in the 2nd Amendment should join, and write or call their representatives so we are well represented. This is the best way to prevent bad legislation.

www.keepandbeararms.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   

you were so quick to throw me under the bus and have snarky comments directed towards me, but now that i give a valid opinion on your trolling thread, you have nothing to say, typical troll behavior. next time you troll dont make it so obvious, you will get more responses so you can meet those with your own pointless responses of which will allow you to build your own selfworth. or what ever the drive behind trolls are

edit on 13-1-2013 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Ok, here's what people fail to realize when making ridiculous statements such as the OP.

A. There are over 260,000,000 legally owned guns in this country (not including illegal and untraceable guns).

B. 43-55 million households own at least one gun.

C. The United States has a total land area of 3,531,822 square miles.

If 90% Of legal gun owners were to turn in their weapons ( a liberal number if you think about it), then that's 4.3 million (on the low end) gun owners still in possession of firearms.

Now, lets say that only 10% of those actually fight back. That's 430,000 people that they would have to engage in guerilla warfare over 3,531,822 square miles. Now, I think we can safely assume that the government would not want to destroy their own resources, or have too many civilian deaths, that means that it would have to be a ground war. Considering that most of the patriots fighting the govt will be ex-military, or hunters, or both, then we can safely assume that most of their offensive action will be "sniper" style shooting in wooded areas, being well camouflaged and well hidden.

Do you not see the sheer logistical problems of such a war? Also considering that it would be safe to assume that at least 40% of the active duty military will most likely desert, and that at least 50% would join the fight against the tyrannical government, do you not see how hard of a fight the government would have on their hands.

And that's all saying that foreign countries such as China, Russia, et al provide no assistance to the freedom fighters. What then?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by dave_welch

Now, lets say that only 10% of those actually fight back. That's 430,000 people that they would have to engage in guerilla warfare over 3,531,822 square miles. Now, I think we can safely assume that the government would not want to destroy their own resources, or have too many civilian deaths, that means that it would have to be a ground war. Considering that most of the patriots fighting the govt will be ex-military, or hunters, or both, then we can safely assume that most of their offensive action will be "sniper" style shooting in wooded areas, being well camouflaged and well hidden.

You don't have to worry about the government destroying their own resources, the resistance will while trying to procure food, clothing, shelter, ammo, vehicles...basically they will be pirates. If you had something they needed to fight the government and you needed it for your family, do you think that would stop either side from taking it?

Not too many actual Rambos out there that could do what you are discussing, sure, we all fancy ourselves Rambo, but in reality, the number of people that could do it are few and far between, not even taking into account that large groups of people would all have to do it.

Sniper style shooting in wooded areas? Or the government staying away from such obvious traps and just taking and keeping the cities waiting for you to get hungry, need supplies, and either capture you or get you to join?

No. In my opinion, there would be pockets of resistance, but without any outside aid, they wouldn't last long, or they would give up the fight and life a more simple life away from civilization.
Of course, as stated before, this is all hypothetical and we both have our own opinions of how this would go down, but really, all that matters is that this NEVER happens. I don't want anyone to suffer needlessly.
edit on 13-1-2013 by superman2012 because: breaking up text

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Oh my God. Im hardly angry, upset, nor has my “sox been rocked”. Only with laughter. Lets respond to your words here…then Im done.

*You: “…asking to know my country of origin, why? so you can start racial slurs..”
Response: RACIAL slurs? Youre not playing THAT card? Meaning Im sure that to you…race is an issue. You gave that away….also that it must be an issue in your home-country.
*You: ”this is what you are having a hard time dealing with….. no beating around the bush its just rocking your sox….”
Response: Im having a hard time keeping a straight face with your animosity. Thats easy to see in all your words.

*You: “ because I am serving it to you with no political correctness…”
Response: I agree with you about that. You have served it to us without ANY political correctness whatsoever. If its NOT correct? Then by default, it must be IN-correct!
*You: “…my god I may even be American ever thought of that….”
Response: Sure. But you wouldn’t have called US “YOU Americans!” Right? So, seems you aren’t.

*You: “...trying to figure out a way to troll…”
Response: No. We think you’ve got that covered here.
*You: “your RIGHTS…"
Response: Again…your implying youre NOT American, because you didn’t say “OUR rights”…so you were referring to those other than yourself.

Ok. Based on your words…what did we learn?
1. Youre probably of a different race (but that shouldn’t matter... but you played that… so it must matter to you in your country).
2. You assume youve ticked me and others in non-agreement with you. If you “rocked our sox” at all….it was with laughter over your comments. (Im sure that “You Americans” reference did it for ½ the Americans reading that.)
3. The “troll” comment is exactly what your thread implied. (Again…ie: "YOU Americans")

ATS is a great place. And you’re entitled to your observations.

Now, Im done. MS

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Rambo? Really? So you think that people would do nothing to protect their rights if it was to come down to something like this? Maybe you are too scared to do something, but I promise you there would be many more people who are not than you are giving credit for.

Fortunately, not everybody is a fat slob who will just wait to be rounded up. If the government, as you say will capture the cities, where will they get food and other basics from? The farmlands and the countryside. Which means they will have to venture out of the cities to obtain the necessities. That is where there guerilla warfare begins.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Rambo? Really? So you think that people would do nothing to protect their rights if it was to come down to something like this? Maybe you are too scared to do something, but I promise you there would be many more people who are not than you are giving credit for.

Rambo, really. I don't think they will have a choice when, if they don't relinquish their rights, they lose their job, their ability to provide for their family, their shelter, etc. I'm not too scared, I don't even have to worry about it. I'm Canadian. Please don't make this about nationality though, that is the hallmark of a poor/no argument.
I give lots of people credit. I believe there will be a mass of uprising, in the beginning, but once people see what happens when they don't listen, then I believe it will mimic the Jewish Ghetto police.

Fortunately, not everybody is a fat slob who will just wait to be rounded up. If the government, as you say will capture the cities, where will they get food and other basics from? The farmlands and the countryside. Which means they will have to venture out of the cities to obtain the necessities. That is where there guerilla warfare begins.

They have massive food supplies, plus they will round up all the food in the cities. Farmlands and the countryside will have a major disadvantage. You going to grow wheat in the forest? It won't work. You going to grow corn in the forest? Nope again. You need to look up how much land you would need to actually sustain a small community. Not just with seeds, but, with livestock, and other necessities. You need water? You think they don't know where the local supplies are? You going to dig a well? With what equipment? How are you going to find where the water is?

All they have to do is wait you out. They have more supplies then you to start with and probably already have plans on how to make it last. What do you have besides gumption (which I am not doubting)?

Edit: See the top of this page...it doesn't really matter what I think anyways, it is just my opinion. No one will know exactly how people will react unless it happens, which I hope to God it never does.

edit on 13-1-2013 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

I wouldn't make it about nationality, what effects us will effect you.

Now, onto the food subject: All of the food they could round up in the cities is still a finite source. They will have to grow crops in the countryside and farmlands, along with livestock. There wouldn't be enough guards to go around to protect the crops and livestock. There would be raids and land wars. All the predator drones and tanks and missiles in the world would be of no use if your destroying your own food source. Lets use Chicago as an example due to it's proximity to farmland. Chicago has a current population of around 2.7 million. Obviously, that population will reduce do to resistance, infighting, and population control. So, we'll say that the population of Chicago reduces to 1.5 million, as they would need at least that many to keep the cities industry going and have workers for the fields. Would all of them be armed? No, there would be a small percentage of armed people to keep the masses in control, and to guard the industrial areas and surrounding farm land. These people would see their decrease in quality of life, which will lead some to join the resistance, or sneak away to Canada via Lake Michigan.Or lets try another scenario where people are promised food and shelter if they relocate to the city, causing a population boom to over 3 million. Housing will become a problem and people will be forced in to depression era style "Hoovervilles". After exhaustion from working in manual labor jobs a lot of them will not be accustomed to, or illness, or starvation take their toll, people will be forced to think about their quality of life. There will be a high suicide and violent crime rate in these areas. There will also be resistances popping up in these Hoovervilles (Obamavilles?). It will get to a point where they will rebel against their opressors, many will die as what arms they have will most likely be small handguns with limited amounts of ammunition that have been smuggled in by a few when they came to the city. Illness, exhaustion and starvation will sweep through the masses of workers, causing them to be unable to feed everybody, or even keep the lights on due to lack of manpower.

Some areas, mostly in the rural south and midwest will be "green zones" for the resistance. They are growing crops, keeping the power on. There are a number of wells (I have one myself) that require a pump to operate. Biodiesel generators will keep the pumps running where the power plants have been hit or sabotaged. A good number of these people will be healthy and will have plenty of knowledge in the areas of raising livestock, growing crops, hunting and fishing, and machinery maintenance and repair. They will already have farming equipment, and ready fuel gathered up and redistributed through the farms and ranches. Most of them will have farming and ranching experience and can train newcomers in those areas. A large group of them will be ex military and will control protection, and raiding the "enemy" for essentials (which won't need to happen much). Most well drillers and other essential trades live in these areas anyway, and have the equipment to do these things. They will run short on medicinal supplies, however a large amount of these people already rely on.

Do you understand yet? I can go all day on this, I've run several scenarios through my mind already. Basically, I think if this is the situation, then eventually, the Gov will have to come to terms with the amount of people starving in the cities and will have to either take offensive action, or reach out with an ultimatum. Their military will be in disarray after several coups and mutinees when the ones that didn't desert in the early stages begin to question what they're fighting for.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I understand that you think you have the scenario mapped out completely in your head. I'm sorry to be the one to challenge your ideas.

Your same arguments for the government not being able to farm (as if they need to with the amount of foreign aid they will receive from their allies, yes that's right, you will be labelled terrorists and the US allies will help the government) can also be used against you.
Assuming you make it out of a city to be a countryside farming Rambo, you will need round the clock surveillance and weapons to stop Uncle Sam from taking what they want.
Notwithstanding the cameras hundreds of miles straight up that are and can watch you. Think heat signatures.
How are you going to farm without the necessary equipment? Even if you get the equipment how are you going to keep it running? How much gas/diesel do you really have stored? Do you think you can run down to the local gas station? How are you going to handle a drought? Pesticides? Herbicides? Feed for cattle? Feed for poultry? How are you going to communicate with others when the government takes over all bands on the radio and monitors all frequencies? What happens in the winter? Are you just going to settle where you can live all year round in comfort? You think they don't realize humans freeze in the winter? What about medical emergencies? Diabetes? You have a source of insulin? Can you keep it refrigerated? How many people are going to die in your group within 3 months due to lack of available meds? How are you going to deal with difficult pregnancies? If you are lucky enough to have a physician/EMT/nurse in your group, what happens when they need tools for surgery? What happens if they haven't performed the surgery? What happens if they get wounded/killed? Do you give up then?

When your children are starving in the woods, slowly freezing to death because you think you had things all figured out typing away on your keyboard, remember the people that submitted and are spending time with their families. You may have held to your principles, but, if no one is alive in your group to enjoy it, what did you accomplish?

See? I really can go on about things that you haven't thought about/have no plan for. I had to stop because I wanted to make a coffee on my Tassimo while watching my 3d tv.

ps- they will never question what they are fighting for as long as their family is safe, if it were possible I would suggest talking to a Jewish Ghetto Policeman.
edit on 13-1-2013 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join