It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm calling it now: Americans will crumble when Obama calls for new gun laws

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by PLAYERONE01
I'm gonna call it now. when its crunch time and the government calls it, your bluff that is, none of you Americans that blab on and on about your constitution and your gun rights are going to man up and have a go. why , because you are all full of *.
I honestly feel the majority of you are banking on nothing happening, at least in your time anyway. but when the gun laws come in and the weapon amnesty starts, you will all line up and hand them in, just like your told, just like good citizens should. After all most of you on here keep this as a secret and are just keyboard warriors.

Who the hell do you think you are you mouthy lil noob.3 weeks,really?You talk like Che but would get knocked on your ignorant ass by the first 70 year old you mouthed off to here.Who are you accusing of keyboard warrior crap when your the one running your filthy mouth.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I find it amusing how quick folks in other other countries (I'm American) refer to us as Violent, warmongering, gun loonies... But in the same breath will say if push comes to shove, all these same traits suddenly disappear and we are docile sheep. Sheep who will lay back and take it.

Also the fact we are always being prodded by those in other countries where they have already allowed their rights to be trampled. It is like you guys live vicariously through us Americans, hoping to see us do what you haven't done.

The fact is. No one in the states really knows what will happen when the final straw is drawn.. Or even which straw it is . To be quite honest, most of us prefer that no bloodshed EVER has to be spilled again for freedom.
Obviously things here are still to good.. We are well fed, have nothing but time to play video games, internet, out romping through the woods with our guns, chasing the opposite sex, booze drinking, can roam from the Appalachian Mountains to the beaches of California or anywhere on the globe for that matter, say what we want, vast knowledge at our fingertips (unlike North Korea, China etc.) Truth is we are pretty damn free!

Be not afraid though.. As a poster mentioned above. There are multitudes here in the US that will arise if ever need be. A good portion of our own troops would be right along beside them

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by PLAYERONE01

It matters how many . enough for me to handle hell yea I'd open fire. Too many I'd surrender my semi autos hit the basement and assemble mysten gun and ak kits.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Holidakd

ATTA-BOY! Show us how easy it is for you to ignore the stuff that makes the whole sentence (even though clearly written, and sitting there calmly - you know) an actual part of the Admendment as adopted. Yeah - that part, you know - the words before the first comma - something about a well-regulated militia needing firearms. Nothing about every, or some, or a few, or 6 out of 10 of anybody or anything OTHER than a member of that "well regulated militia" needing rights to bear firearms.

Huge goof to include the actual Admendment in your post - next time, just leave all that damn truth out. BTW, I note that most folks using the Bible to pass judgement seem to follow your tactic much better than you - "if it says something you don't agree with - just ignore it!!!!"

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Startruth144

I find it amusing how quick folks in other other countries (I'm American) refer to us as Violent, warmongering, gun loonies... But in the same breath will say if push comes to shove, all these same traits suddenly disappear and we are docile sheep. Sheep who will lay back and take it.

The violent, warmongering, gun loonies are few and far between. The sheep outnumber the rest, the same as anywhere.

Also the fact we are always being prodded by those in other countries where they have already allowed their rights to be trampled. It is like you guys live vicariously through us Americans, hoping to see us do what you haven't done.

Not vicariously. Just waiting for the greatest nation on Earth to act like it. Not too many other people in other nations make such a bold claim.

The fact is. No one in the states really knows what will happen when the final straw is drawn.. Or even which straw it is . To be quite honest, most of us prefer that no bloodshed EVER has to be spilled again for freedom. Obviously things here are still to good.. We are well fed, have nothing but time to play video games, internet, out romping through the woods with our guns, chasing the opposite sex, booze drinking, can roam from the Appalachian Mountains to the beaches of California or anywhere on the globe for that matter, say what we want, vast knowledge at our fingertips (unlike North Korea, China etc.) Truth is we are pretty damn free!

You are only as free as the rest of us slaves. You have perceived freedom. Are cattle free? They live a less stressful life.

Be not afraid though.. As a poster mentioned above. There are multitudes here in the US that will arise if ever need be. A good portion of our own troops would be right along beside them

For a country that claims that it has the most superior military and could take down any country, some of the people on here sure seem to think the military would be inept when facing their own countrymen.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
So they'll use guns/violence to put an end to guns/violence?
If guns do go, these "retards" as you refer to them will still carry out their actions with other tools of death.
Guns are intimidating to some and they can go and hide behind obamas skirt, but leave those who respect guns and handle/store them properly alone.
A pathetic and cliche meme felt appropriate for such a sad and poorly thought out OP

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Disagree with the original poster. I think there would be major problems if they tried to push that rule and Americans would revolt in numbers and probably violence.

As a British person I think Americans should keep there Guns now. Personally I am glad the UK has Gun Laws, yes the underground and Gangsters have them here and it's not too difficult to get your hands on one but it's better this way. It stops a lot of weirdos or people on the edge from being able to grab their weapons and do damage like we see in US.

But with the US already being flooded with guns I can't see why normal sane people who own them to protect themselves should be made to give them over now. It seems impossible to me.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by opthetan

It clearly says the rights of the people to keep and bear arms. How do you think this means only the regulated militia?
And comparing me to a bible thumper makes sense how? What exactly am I ignoring? Am I ignoring how you perceive the ammendment?
Please clarify
I'm not seeking to argue about this, I truly don't understand your post

Link
edit on 10-1-2013 by Holidakd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by BurialKing

Although not the same thing, they were made to give up their gold under penalty of massive fines or jail. People did. No uprising.Link.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by BurialKing
Disagree with the original poster. I think there would be major problems if they tried to push that rule and Americans would revolt in numbers and probably violence.

As a British person I think Americans should keep there Guns now. Personally I am glad the UK has Gun Laws, yes the underground and Gangsters have them here and it's not too difficult to get your hands on one but it's better this way. It stops a lot of weirdos or people on the edge from being able to grab their weapons and do damage like we see in US.

But with the US already being flooded with guns I can't see why normal sane people who own them to protect themselves should be made to give them over now. It seems impossible to me.
It would indeed be impossible to do this without declaring martial law.At that point yes hell would break loose.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Holidakd

Originally posted by Holidakd

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms Shall not be infringed."

So if the government decides to push the envelope you are willing to die to protect that

Die? What will they kill me with? Swords? Fists?
And then all sharp objects will be taken and we'll all be behanded.
We have the right to bear arms in defense. Not the right to kill innocents.
Take away our guns but the people who really are the problem will still acquire them through illegal means like drugs and such.

Go home troll you're drunk

you may have the right now but you may not have the right tomorrow,
why the aggravation? this thread is not rocket science, its simple if the authorities tell the people to hand over any weapons they deem as illegal in the future my personal belief is you will fold. that's it, no militia , no grand stand, no Alamo. just the cattle crush at the police department with the gun buy back scheme.
no one said anything about being beheaded and no i'm not drunk, just challenging the American ego. feel that stings dont it.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065

It matters how many . enough for me to handle hell yea I'd open fire. Too many I'd surrender my semi autos hit the basement and assemble mysten gun and ak kits.

seriously, i bet you looked out your window on my last reply

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentX09

I'm gonna call it now. when its crunch time and the government calls it, your bluff that is, none of you Americans that blab on and on about your constitution and your gun rights are going to man up and have a go. why , because you are all full of *.
I honestly feel the majority of you are banking on nothing happening, at least in your time anyway. but when the gun laws come in and the weapon amnesty starts, you will all line up and hand them in, just like your told, just like good citizens should. After all most of you on here keep this as a secret and are just keyboard warriors.

Who the hell do you think you are you mouthy lil noob.3 weeks,really?You talk like Che but would get knocked on your ignorant ass by the first 70 year old you mouthed off to here.Who are you accusing of keyboard warrior crap when your the one running your filthy mouth.

Calling people names doesn't do your "argument" any justice. Using a persons registration date as a "slam" against them can go both ways, you antiquated dinosaur.
(just using it as an example, I don't mean it).

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentX09

mouthy lil noob

Star for that and the u2u.
gotta keep the fire in the belly

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Hardly, your a new(most likely previously banned member). here to troll, get lost Troll.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   

You must be hitting a nerve because no one has shown you any arguments besides calling you a noob.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Hardly, your a new(most likely previously banned member). here to troll, get lost Troll.

You're pretty "new" yourself...

How is he trolling? just because he has a different opinion to you does not mean he is trolling. You just don't like what he has to say...you are too arrogant and narrow-minded to take in all opinions, no matter the angle.
edit on 11-1-2013 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

This definitely is not a troll, this is challenging your mindset. if it were to happen you all just seem to spout the same stuff like a propaganda machine from the 60's

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

You must be hitting a nerve because no one has shown you any arguments besides calling you a noob.

being a noob doesnt bother me. but seeing the same antiquated idealism does. and challenging those ideas is freaking them out

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Should I log into a different account for you? I got sick of my old name. made a new one same guy same place
edit on 11-1-2013 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join