It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm calling it now: Americans will crumble when Obama calls for new gun laws

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I'm gonna call it now. when its crunch time and the government calls it, your bluff that is, none of you Americans that blab on and on about your constitution and your gun rights are going to man up and have a go. why , because you are all full of *.
I honestly feel the majority of you are banking on nothing happening, at least in your time anyway. but when the gun laws come in and the weapon amnesty starts, you will all line up and hand them in, just like your told, just like good citizens should. After all most of you on here keep this as a secret and are just keyboard warriors.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by PLAYERONE01

How is he going to get any new gun laws? The congress is GOP majority, they wouldn't pass a thing Obama wanted them to. It's safe to say there will be no action with regards to guns.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

You don't think that would be the straw that breaks the camels back? If 1% of gun owners refused to turn their guns in that equals to about 1 million people, -/+. You believe EVERY single gun owner will fall in line? Have you ever taken a statistics course?
edit on 10-1-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

How is he going to get any new gun laws? The congress is GOP majority, they wouldn't pass a thing Obama wanted them to. It's safe to say there will be no action with regards to guns.

i dont care, fact is if there was any real push by the government you all would fold

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

You don't think that would be the straw that breaks the camels back? If 1% of gun owners refused to turn their guns in that equals to about 1 million people, -/+. You believe EVERY single gun owner will fall in line? Have you ever taken a statistics course?

the course of action you people would take is to hide them , that is it. there would be no grand uprising,

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

But.. but.. but... I thought you said all gun owners will do nothing but turn in their weapons and do as their told but now you're saying some will hide their weapons while doing nothing? I guess your theme of doing nothing is still breathing but barely. Let's also not forget about criminals, violent criminals. They will probably be the first to fire the shots that are heard around the world.

Well, either way, I'd say it's a safe bet to assume you're bad at placing bets. Btw, what country do you live in?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

But.. but.. but... I thought you said all gun owners will do nothing but turn in their weapons and do as their told but now you're saying some will hide their weapons while doing nothing? I guess your theme of doing nothing is still breathing but barely.

Well, either way, I'd say it's a safe bet to assume you're bad at placing bets. Btw, what country do you live in?

i was replying to your statistic comment ie. the ones that dont hand them in, i guess you should always count in variables.
the thing is I have made my call, and the call is when your hand is forced you will do nothing. it is not up to me to explain what you will do, or not, is it.
my country is of no consequence to you.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

You're being trolled. Pass it on....

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms Shall not be infringed."

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
reply to post by Swills

You're being trolled. Pass it on....

an observation. well what are your plans if the government decides to take your guns

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Holidakd

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms Shall not be infringed."

So if the government decides to push the envelope you are willing to die to protect that

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Your trying to say a country that has 17k homicides a year wont kill a bunch of children in uniforms? I think you might be mistaken

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065

Your trying to say a country that has 17k homicides a year wont kill a bunch of children in uniforms? I think you might be mistaken

im not mistaken in saying if the squad showed up outside your house right now you would not touch a firearm on your wall

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Everyone is entitled to their opinions but you clearly don't understand us Americans. Granted, currently we are a generation of distracted and lazy people, well not all, but the point is we are very distracted... and fat, but we historically don't take kindly to a Gov't that forces its will upon us. So far our tyrannical Gov't has done a fine job of manipulating us over the years but I do believe the illusion they created is falling apart. Physically taking away Americans weapons will not work out well for the Gov't. You do realize many American gun owners are in law enforcement and the military? Many are lawyers, doctors, car salesmen, MMA fighters, firemen, teachers, etc. Point is, a wide variety of folk own weapons and in some states many can carry their weapon anywhere they go, like Arizona. Also, many gun owners (both legal and illegal) are violent criminals.

Taking away guns will most certainly start a civil war.

Btw, why so scared to tell ATS what country you reside in? Hell, you could even lie to us and we wouldn't' know the difference. Lame.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Everyone is entitled to their opinions but you clearly don't understand us Americans. Granted, currently we are a generation of distracted and lazy people, well not all, but the point is we are very distracted... and fat, but we historically don't take kindly to a Gov't that forces its will upon us. So far our tyrannical Gov't has done a fine job of manipulating us over the years but I do believe the illusion they created is falling apart. Physically taking away Americans weapons will not work out well for the Gov't. You do realize many American gun owners are in law enforcement and the military? Many are lawyers, doctors, car salesmen, MMA fighters, firemen, teachers, etc. Point is, a wide variety of folk own weapons and in some states many can carry their weapon anywhere they go, like Arizona. Also, many gun owners (both legal and illegal) are violent criminals.

Taking away guns will most certainly start a civil war.

Btw, why so scared to tell ATS what country you reside in? Hell, you could even lie to us and we wouldn't' know the difference. Lame.

time will tell wont it

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by PLAYERONE01

So if the government decides to push the envelope you are willing to die to protect that

Die? What will they kill me with? Swords? Fists?
And then all sharp objects will be taken and we'll all be behanded.
We have the right to bear arms in defense. Not the right to kill innocents.
Take away our guns but the people who really are the problem will still acquire them through illegal means like drugs and such.

Go home troll you're drunk

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

That's pretty obvious now isn't it? Truth be told, I do not want a civil war, bloodshed, or this Gov't of mine to continue its tyrannical ways. But my Gov't clearly does want what I don't, all of the above.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   

There will be a few people that don't go along with it. Once everyone sees what price they have to pay for not falling in line though, that is when people will be ashamed of themselves.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

I'm gonna call it now. when its crunch time and the government calls it, your bluff that is, none of you Americans that blab on and on about your constitution and your gun rights are going to man up and have a go. why , because you are all full of *.
I honestly feel the majority of you are banking on nothing happening, at least in your time anyway. but when the gun laws come in and the weapon amnesty starts, you will all line up and hand them in, just like your told, just like good citizens should. After all most of you on here keep this as a secret and are just keyboard warriors.

Well, thanks for your defeatist opinion, it's not very constructive to freedom, but if you believe it might be, then you're entitled to your opinion.

But myself, plus a lot of people refuse to adopt the defeatist attitude.. I dunno I kind of think freedom is popular personally.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Die? What will they kill me with? Swords? Fists?

Try guns, helicopters, jets and everything else.

And then all sharp objects will be taken and we'll all be behanded.
We have the right to bear arms in defense. Not the right to kill innocents.

Who do you class as innocent?

If a government worker who had nothing to do with the taking away of your guns, would you kill him simply because he makes up a part of the government? Is he innocent?

Take away our guns but the people who really are the problem will still acquire them through illegal means like drugs and such.

Yes, taking away guns does not quell the ability to acquire weapons illegally. It does however, stop mentally retarded people from walking into a legalised shop and purchasing some guns before going on a rampage.

Go home troll you're drunk

Pathetic and old meme...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join