It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Aether Reality

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

I havn't seen Jon De Pews or the Keely work before but it looks very interesting and definately related, thank you for posting it

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by primalfractal

You're welcome. It seems to me that the three of you are modeling a universe that has a oneness broken down into parts rather than parts disconnected to each other and not holding together in any meaningful way.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by 1Agnostic1

You just implied that any wave needs a medium to propagate into

NO, he did not. A sound wave is mechanical.

Logically, matter has to be able to move through empty space unless you could prove that matter can ONLY move through other matter that occupies any space.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

That's pretty easy to explain, too, but there's math. No rotations within rotations, though.

The shadow of a ytterbium atom almost exactly matches the shape of the Milky Way galaxy. Within both, the smaller parts comprising the entirety have an orbit, and even within that orbit, they spin on their own as well. Constant motion creates constant balance. If this can be seen within galaxies and atoms, there's a good chance it occurs within other planes as well. In fact, I would bet there's an unceasing motion in other planes. And what better motion to maintain balance than rotation?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by primalfractal

I havn't seen Jon De Pews or the Keely work before but it looks very interesting and definately related, thank you for posting it

Keely Motor Company

Keely expounded his ideas using an elaborate theory of the "etheric force", spiced with eloquently profound terms such as: "sympathetic equilibrium, quadrupole negative harmonics, etheric disintegration". His backers were duly impressed. He looked with condescending pity on those who appeared not to understand.
After Keely died on Nov. 18, 1898, suspicious skeptics and newspaper reporters did a careful examination of his laboratory. Some of Keely's machinery had already been removed by "believers" who hoped they could make it work. A Boston electrician, T. Burton Kinraide, removed the engine to his home at Jamaica Plains. Some of the apparatus ended up in England. No one could make it function as it had in Keely's laboratory. The secret was not in the machines; the secret was in the laboratory building itself. Engineer Alexander Scott and Mrs. Moore's son, Clarence, examined the building, accompanied by press and photographers. False ceilings and floors were ripped up to reveal hidden mechanical belts and linkages to a silent water motor in the basement (two floors below the laboratory). A system of pneumatic switches under the floor boards could be used to turn machinery on and off. A three-ton sphere was found in the basement, thought to be a reservoir for compressed air, but which could have been a discarded piece of one of Keely's many abandoned projects. The walls, ceilings and even apparently solid beams were found to have hidden pipework. The evidence of fraud on a grand scale was obvious and difficult to dismiss.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Keely in no way shape or form was a fraud.

There is always a website to post that will make someone look like a fraud. Then people have to read and read and read to get to the bottom of it. Very time consuming. Most people don't have time.

And I'm not going to debate this topic by posting this and that to counter your attempt to discredit John Keely. I can't be bothered.

I'll leave it at that.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Thank you for that missing piece of the puzzle. I'm assuming it's related to the 16 second video, which I'm still very confused about. What exactly was that video supposed to demonstrate or represent?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
Thank you for that missing piece of the puzzle. I'm assuming it's related to the 16 second video, which I'm still very confused about.

Are you talking about the Jon De Pew video, to which you responded with a comment about the chart based on the work of John Keely?

The title of the video is "Flower of LIFE = MAGNETIC CURRENTS." That tells you why I posted it on this thread.

The description DePew posted for the video is this:

Published on Aug 14, 2012

SACRED GEOMETRY represents the segmented BLUEPRINTS of MAGNETIC ENERGY & the NEUTRAL PARTICLES of MATTER

Again, DePew was inspired by the work of Ed Leedskalnin, builder of the Coral Castle - an amazing feat. Leedskalnin was using advanced technology which points to the existence of an ether.

Keely also mastered advanced technology, pointing to the existence of an ether.

edit on 01/19/13 by Mary Rose because: Add

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

That doesn't tell me what the video is supposed to be showing me. If there's one thing I can say about his website, it's that everything about it is very vague and unhelpful. Not a single one of those pictures provided a full and detailed explanation of its importance.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Easy

Point on the equator speed at noon = the speed of the surface of the Earth at the equator from the Earths rotation -vector from tilt + speed of Earth orbit around the sun

Point on the equator speed at midnight = Speed of Earth's orbit around the sun -the speed of the surface of the Earth at the equator from the Earths rotation - vector from tilt

Point on the equator speed at noon - Point on the equator speed at midnight = change in velocity.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Every single Star in the Universe is blasting out emissions, every planet is blasting out emissions.....every single atom is blasting out emissions from radioactive decay......

You could never prove an "aether" because the Universe is full of "white noise" from all of these emissions from everything. There is NO SUCH THING as an empty vacuum devoid of anything in the Universe....its full of "white noise" from all these emissions.

Trying to prove that there is an "aether" is a futile act.

Trying to look at a Photon emitted from a moving source....you also forgot to factor in Gravity. There's trillions of sources of gravity effecting every single particle/wave. Every Star, Galaxy, Planet in the Universe is effecting photon's.

Trying to do your experiment in "Spot A", won't yield the same results the very next second because Earth just moved and the emissions from some Star foils the experiment as it's gravity pull on "Spot A" just changed.

You would have to put sensors on every single object in the universe to rule their emissions/gravity out to prove the "Aether".......not possible.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Actually about 30 millitorre, which is about as good as you can get with a rough pump, and you would need a pretty darn good rough pump, a heavy duty chamber, with a proper o'ring of the right material, and vacuum grease.

Represented on a 12" global, this would be about .018" above the surface.

At 80 miles, .12" above a 12" globe, you would need a far more elaborate system, and even at this level of vacuum, heat radiates.

Why don't you explain to us how heat radiates through a vacuum, if that vacuum is devoid of matter.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Well, one thing I didn't like about his website is the audio that hits you when you visit it. I hate that. So, I didn't spend any time there.

But I think he's on to something in his intuitive pursuit of the work of Ed Leedskalnin. I learned about DePew from the work of Jeremy Stride, who also is attempting to uncover Leedskalnin's secret: "A Theory About How Ed Leedskalnin Built Coral Castle."

I heard DePew say on the little bit of interviews I listened to that he's not technical. I have the impression that he works in his home lab and does things using his internal guidance system and will not be articulate scientifically spelling things out in words or math.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

All things considered, do you suspect there is an underlying substance teeming with tap-able energy that permeates the entire universe?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Are you saying he built that castle using electromagnetic waves? And that electromagnetic waves can therefore be proven to be the source of all organized nature in the universe?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by -PLB-

The speed of the surface of the Earth at the equator is over 1,000 MPH, after accounting for the angle of the tilt of the axis in relation to Earths orbit around the sun, there is still a change of speed greater than 50 MPH from noon until midnight.

This is hardly insignificant.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

My impression is that the ether underlies EM. But it seems that Leedskalnin did tap EM in some way to levitate huge stones.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

A field does not need a medium to propagate through.

And where is your proof of this claim?

The very concept of a field implies a medium that either propagates the field or is created by the field.

The way current science views a field, you might as well be saying magic.

If light is Both a wave and a particle, there must be some medium to to carry the wave portion. What makes more sense is that light does have particle emissions that create the wave, but the particle emission are not what we measure as light.

edit on 19-1-2013 by poet1b because: Typo

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Actually about 30 millitorre

Not at 80,000 feet. It's 21 Torr. www.orbitec.com...
It appears that 21 Torr falls in the low vacuum category.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

A field does not need a medium to propagate through.

And where is your proof of this claim?

I don't need to proof the absence of an item for which there is no proof. It's like I can't prove to you that the field is NOT carried forward by a host of tiny elves. But Occam's principle and critical thinking lead me to ignore the elf hypothesis wholesale. When there is evidence for the elves, it will be considered.

The very concept of a field implies a medium that either propagates the field or is created by the field.

That's your very own concept that science does not share. Feel free to believe anything you wish to believe, no matter how nonsensical. Field does not imply a medium. You are woefully ignorant of basic definitions, I'm afraid, as is evident from these pages.

edit on 19-1-2013 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join