It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15-year old boy uses AR-15 to defend himself, sister against home invaders

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
reply to post by winofiend

Armed or harmed the choice is yours. My kids will not be statistics.

thats the spirit. I knew it was there.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Georgia Mom shoots home intruder 5 times. Was home alone with her children.

abcnews.go.com...

Oh, and I will be teaching my daughter how to be a responsible gun owner as well. She will also learn how to feed herself by learning how to hunt and skin out a deer or other animals.

You see, this is what my ancestors knew how to do and she will learn as well. She will never starve to death waiting for someone to feed her.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Ok...firstly it is not an assault rifle, socondly hand guns are much more difficult to accuratly control, third rifles are more powerful and accurate. Now with that said it would not be my first choice as it will go through walls and into the neighbors house, a shotgun is a better choice but they are alive and safe so that is all that matters really.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
Im not anti-gun but how is it self defense if he want being attacked?

Also why wasnt the gun locked up?

edit on 10-1-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

Uhhhhh....The guy broke in to their house. You seem to prefer that the kids be unable to defend themselves and perhaps been killed or kidnapped.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

What were they doing home alone anyway

A 15 year old teen is old enough to babysit someone elses kid. Why isn't he old enough to babysit his younger sister? In three years he will be considered an adult. His parents obviously thought he was mature enough to handle things while they were away. His younger sister is 12, not a baby or toddler.

I let my 15 year old daughter babysit her two younger sisters. The youngest being 11. Why pay another 15/16 year old to come over to babysit a 15 year old?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Well done to the kid for having the presence of mind to employ a viable means of defending himself and his sister.
Unfortunately,should those who bleat about the "evil" of firearms have their way,these two kids would most likely be lying on a mortuary slab somewhere by now.

No one has the right to take away an individuals right to defrend themself,you see it over and over again here in the UK,needless murders commited that would have been unlikely if the victim had the means (thru firearms) to defend themselves.Whatever else you do America DON'T let them take your guns from you.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   

A kid...wielding an AR-15...that is crazy.

Why would his father even teach his kid how to wield an assault rifle...out of all things. A pistol would have been more sufficient...

He didn't wield an assault rifle. He used an AR-15, which is a tactical rifle. He taught his son gun safety, and how to protect himself and others from anyone intending to do them harm. Unlike some people who would just roll over and become a victim.

As to why he used an AR: maybe it's the only weapon that was in the house? Not all gun owners have an arsenal as you have been led to believe.

/TOA

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Quick, which of the following pictures represents a culture of hatred teaching its children to embrace violence?

If you said the first picture, you're a patriot and a great American; if you said the second picture, you're a freedom-hating sheeple on the verge of being dragged out of your home and your family raped and sold into slavery. If you said both pictures, you're clearly nothing more than a plastic knife wielding soft European whose views can be safely ignored by all serious people.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

Starred! I like it.

The unfortunate part is that you're right. To some degree the double standards and stereotypes can be very prolific among Americans.

Well done.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Why would his father even teach his kid how to wield an assault rifle...out of all things. A pistol would have been more sufficient...

A person...not knowing the difference between a semiautomatic rifle and assault rifle...that is crazy.

How about teaching your kids morals and values goes a long way genius. Adam's mom apparently never gave a sh!t about him...So, he shot up a school. My cousin's have been shooting all kinds of different weapons since they were 8. They have never shot up a school.

And, on top of that, a pistol is survivable.

Curtis James Jackson III:
"Upon returning to the back seat of the car and already seated, another car pulled up nearby. An assailant then walked up to Jackson's left side with a 9mm handgun and fired nine shots at close range. He was shot nine times: in the hand (a round hit his right thumb, to where the bullet passed through and out his little finger), arm, hip, both legs, chest, and his face (his left cheek).[11][16][30] The face wound resulted in a swollen tongue, the loss of a wisdom tooth, and a small slur in his voice"

"Oh, and then there is Angel Alvarez, who was shot more than 20 times in 2010 and survived. Or Howard Morgan, who survived more than two dozen gunshot wounds after opening fire on police like an idiot. Or, lastly, soldiers like Roy Benavidez, who somehow survived 37 separate "bayonet, bullet and shrapnel wounds" over the course of six hours."

Read more: www.cracked.com...

An AR-15 is shoot to kill...a 9mm is not. Why do you think so many criminals survive gunfights with the cops?

2nd bullet is the 9mm
2nd to last is .223, ammo used in an AR-15

I will take all the ammo past the 3rd one because if someone is breaking into my house...you better repent to God cuz you ain't seeing tomorrow.

You gun control peeps are not that smart.
BYE BYE

edit on 11-1-2013 by johngrissom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Good job!

We don't know the intent of the intruders. We could have been witnessing a funeral on the news for these two kids.
But happily enough they are fine. And the bad guys got caught.

Teaching your kids about responsibility is never a bad thing. Especially when it comes to guns.

And you know. 100 to 200 years ago. Teaching your kids how to use a weapon was never an issue.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria

Quick, which of the following pictures represents a culture of hatred teaching its children to embrace violence?

If you said the first picture, you're a patriot and a great American; if you said the second picture, you're a freedom-hating sheeple on the verge of being dragged out of your home and your family raped and sold into slavery. If you said both pictures, you're clearly nothing more than a plastic knife wielding soft European whose views can be safely ignored by all serious people.

hum lets see, the first picture is kids being trained and indoctrinated to kill non muslims. Notice the kid putting up the V sign for victory.

2nd picture is 3 american kids getting guns for X-mas, really nice gifts at that.

How is getting guns for x-mas embracing violance?

one group is shown and tought to kill, the other to defend.
edit on 11-1-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by johngrissom

your alittle off the mark. a .223 is made to wound. The theory behind it is if you wound the guy, it takes four other guys off the battlefield to tend to the wounded man. If you kill the guy then the four men keep fighting. Same goes for the 9mm. That’s why the majority of our are forces side arms are 9mm and not .45s like they were in WW1 and WW2.

Now the .308 is to kill and is used as a sniper round.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria

Well one group is taught from an early age to have murderous hate and the other group are probably just normal people who believe in gun ownership.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

15-YEAR OLD BOY USES AR-15 TO DEFEND HIMSELF, SISTER AGAINST HOME INVADERS

www.breitbart.com

A 15-year old boy used his father’s AR-15 to defend himself and his 12-year old sister against two burglars at their home just north of Houston, Texas.
Their father is a Harris County Precinct 1 deputy constable, and the boy knew what he had to do to keep himself and his sister alive. Around 2:30 PM, two men tried to break in, with one going through the front door and the other in the back.

(visit the link for the full news article)

This part of the article stood out most to me. Transparency in the home is a good thing. Its about good parenting and giving your children proper training and responsibilities and holding them accountable to those things.

“We don't try to hide things from our children in law enforcement,” Lt. Jeffrey Stauber said. “That young boy was protecting his sister. He was in fear for his life and her life.”

Related News Links:
www.khou.com
www.khou.com
edit on 10-1-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

Thanks OP for sharing this with us S&F for you
As for the young man in this story I only wish I could shake his hand, he should be a role model for all young lads his age, I hate to think what could have happened to his sister if he had not been there, I am sure his parents are very proud him, and probably proud of themselves for bringing up there children with some very useful life skills and some good moral values

I am now going to have a laugh at all gun grabbers who try to slate this young hero

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

Quick, what does this have to do with defending oneself from home invaders ?

Such great Christmas gifts !! I wish i had parents like that !

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Did you read the article?
THATS WHY!

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
My daughter as she gets older, will be in line for martial arts training, (mostly likely judo and jiu-jitsu) She will also know how to use a firearm, which will progressively get larger as she has the strength to handle them, and she will be taught along with that, discipline, moral and ethical understanding, and a love for her fellow human being. The world is going to get ugly in the next couple of years, the only way to not get ugly with it, is to defend your way of life, and the ability to not turn to criminal acts just to survive. Hell if it was available, i would want her to know GunKatta : )

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus

I agree, but teaching a juvenile how to wield an assault rifle...is crazy. I think the kid may be too young to learn how to shoot an assault rifle. Perhaps a pistol would be better at that age.

What were they doing home alone anyway

I think a rifle is better for a child as it is much less easy to accidentally shoot yourself on accident.

From some of the other posts I've read, I think it's good he was able to protect his sister and himself. After all it sounds like they were home alone and he was responsible for taking care of his sister in which he did.

These 2 that broke in knew they were in Texas and breaking into someones home, what did they expect?

Edit: An AR-15 is not an "Assualt Rifle", it is a semi-automatic just as most hand guns, and rifles (hunting or not) are. The AR-15 shares a similar look to an AK-47, but is not fully-automatic among other differences.
edit on 1/11/13 by SixX18 because: add-on

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Why would his father even teach his kid how to wield an assault rifle...out of all things.

Because it's the best for a kid to learn it's not a toy. Also the rifle has more rounds than a pistol.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join