15-year old boy uses AR-15 to defend himself, sister against home invaders

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

If you have never fired one you do not know but an AR-15 variant rifle is far easier to hit a target with than a pistol. Pistol does not for the most part have a gas tube which sends much of the energy back into the reloading mechanism and the butt stock contains a buffer spring that eats up more of the energy.

The round of the 5.56 is also able to inflict far more damage than just about any pistol round. It is great for home defense because women and children can shoot it effectively. I have personally trained dozens of women and children in the use of this class of weapons and they are seriously good at it quickly most times.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Why was this put into general chit chat when it is clearly breaking news?

link   

Originally posted by Klassified
reply to post by daaskapital

A pistol would have been more sufficient...

Maybe. But what difference does the weapon make. The point is, they're safe, and the criminals are hurtin'.

There is no difference, he is repeating a talking point even though he doesn't understand gun classification. Not necessarily his fault but events like this can educate people.

link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

Originally posted by daaskapital

A kid...wielding an AR-15...that is crazy.

Why would his father even teach his kid how to wield an assault rifle...out of all things. A pistol would have been more sufficient...

An assault rifle is classified as automatic.

The AR-15 is semi-automatic, just like many handguns are. So why is a semi-automatic AR-15 more dangerous than a semi-automatic handgun?

Fair enough.

Are you serious???

Of course I'm serious.

You are the one that is confused about gun classification, I am merely telling you what the difference is and comparing the two.

How is it crazy to teach a 15 year old how to use a semi-auto rifle and not crazy to teach a 15 year old to use a semi-auto handgun?

It makes no sense at all, one is not more dangerous than the other.

You essentially answered your own question:

I ask again, whats the difference between a semi-auto AR vs a semi-auto handgun? There is essentially no difference, especially if the caliber is the same. Sometimes handguns are higher caliber than rifles.

...and sometimes, rifles can be a higher calibre than handguns.

I'm not going to sit here and argue back and forth with gun crazed Americans. I am glad that the children are safe though.

Also, i am not anti-gun, even if it may appear so...down here, we know what it is like to have rifles and the such taken away from us...

link   

Originally posted by exitusstatuquo

It was moved by a mod.

-SAP-

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by exitusstatuquo

Thats what I wanted to know, it was gaining a lot of traction and fast.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Why would his father even teach his kid how to wield an assault rifle...out of all things. A pistol would have been more sufficient...

First an AR-15 is a semi-auto rifle not an assault rifle regardless of what you hear on T.V. or read around here. Plenty of threads on when and what made a rifle an assault rifle...They are changing the definition that is true; always demonize something by giving it another name. Look at all the names given to enemies in every war.

Besides assault rifle is easier to say and sounds scary to the uninformed.
Believe it or not pistols are much more dangerous than an AR or any long gun for the holder/shooter. Easy to shoot yourself in the foot and are much harder to aim and hit what you are shooting at usless close..

Growing up in the country (sticks) I always had a long gun from an early age. Dad would let me shoot his pistol (s) only while being strictly supervised but he was adamant about me not having one...When I had children of my own I had the same rules....not all might agree but seeing how all the kids are now pushing 40 with kids of their own it worked for us.

OP S&F for the post: thanks for the article.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

I guess it was because it was just news and nothing alternative / conspiracy / ufo or government related?

Can be annoying when that happens.

edit on 10-1-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
Im not anti-gun but how is it self defense if he want being attacked?

Also why wasnt the gun locked up?

edit on 10-1-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

Castle Doctrine. You can do whatever you have to to protect yourself if someone breaks into your home. The fact that they are inside your home without permission is threat enough.

Do you keep your refrigerator door locked? Do you keep your toilet lid locked? Why would you lock up a gun? Especially if it's your gun and you are a cop? Dumb question.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Slurp slurp slurp slurp slurp slurp slurp. How is that MSM milk goin down? Slurp slurp slurp.

Assault rifles..... children.. must protect the children... using assault rifles....protect the... ban guns... BAN GUNS!!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Defensive gun statistics:

2.5 million per year -- one Defensive Gun Use every 13 seconds.

In 83.5% of these successful gun defenses, the attacker either threatened or used force first.

In 91.7% of these incidents the defensive use of a gun did not wound or kill the criminal attacker.

In 73.4% of these gun-defense incidents, the attacker was a stranger to the intended victim

In over half of these gun defense incidents, the defender was facing two or more attackers -- and three or more attackers in over a quarter of these cases.

I want the anti-gun advocates to take a look at the numbers.

Ironically the gun-free UK has the second highest violent crime rating in the EU. Over 2000 violent crimes per 100,000 people; which is higher than South Africa. The U.S has a rate of 460 per 100,000.

Statistics also show that in areas allowing concealed carry, the crime rate drops to around 375 per 100,000. The numbers speak for themselves.

Also, the U.S has an acceptable gun-violence rate considering its gun-per-capita ranking (#1). A large portion of these deaths are gang & criminal related, most of which will not relinquish their firearms even if there was a law in place.

Perhaps someday society will evolve to a point where weapons aren't needed, & I hope to see that day within my lifetime. Probably unlikely. Point is, until then peaceful people have the right to defend themselves and their loved ones by any means necessary. Firearms puts them at an advantage, especially in cases like this where if not for the gun these children may have been hurt/killed.
edit on 10-1-2013 by Raelsatu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

Ironically the gun-free UK has the second highest violent crime rating in the EU. Over 2000 violent crimes per 100,000 people; which is higher than South Africa. The U.S has a rate of 460 per 100,000.

most of those crime are just people getting punched..even in the US you can use a gun against that.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Well the kid was 15 years old, and in several years he'll be required by law to register with the Selective Service System, "a means by which the U.S. federal government maintains information on those potentially subject to military conscription."

Everyday the U.S. federal government ships American teenagers off to war zones. Those kids who had mentors and were taught early on how to use firearms, in particular semi-automatic rifles, typically have much better odds of surviving in combat, than those kids who did not.

So on one hand the U.S. federal government wants to confiscate firearms we use to protect ourselves, our neighbors, and our country. On the other hand they want to give an American kid a semi-automatic rifle and a one-way ticket to a foreign country to slaughter those individuals who impede their greedy self-interests.

F.T.G.
edit on 10-1-2013 by seasoul because: "Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth." - Gandhi

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
lucky it didnt end in a bloodbath

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
most of those crime are just people getting punched..even in the US you can use a gun against that.

Even a punch can kill, give brain damage, ruin an eye. Not to mention knives, brass knuckles, broken glass, etc. On-top of that the UK has the 4th most burglaries, and 5th most robberies.

Regardless of the violence used, people should be deterred from it by whatever means. Most people who get into fights in the U.S don't pull guns; but we still have 1/4 the violent crime rate. Again, in area with concealed carry the rate drops by 25%. Like it or not, there is less violent crime where guns are allowed as a means to defend yourself.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Its amazing how some liberals who parrot gun control rhetoric only because their party touts it can take absolutely nothing away from incidents like this.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Its amazing how some liberals who parrot gun control rhetoric only because their party touts it can take absolutely nothing away from incidents like this.

That's because it is not about safety, it's about control.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Like I said before, THANK GOD FOR GUNS!!!!
I wanna buy that kid a happy meal lol

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

I'm not going to sit here and argue back and forth with gun crazed Americans. I am glad that the children are safe though.

Also, i am not anti-gun, even if it may appear so...down here, we know what it is like to have rifles and the such taken away from us...

I honestly think it saddens you that these children are alive. A normal persons first reaction to this news is a sigh of relief, the children are safe, the criminals got what they deserved. But your reaction is "What is a 15 year old doing with an "assualt rifle""

I mean REALLY? all you cared about is yourself, you for what ever reason, fear this piece of plastic, and a kid who is skilled at weilding it frightens you. Admit it.

I know deep down Obama is saddened those kids where not murdered, he could have used them as the poster childs for his gun bans.

and the UK is frikken sad, you honestly need to be halfway dead before you can defend yourself? If somebody is murdering your girlfriend will you just lay there and do nothing because you are not being "harmed" YET..

All you gun grabbers need to be outted for the cowards you truely are, you lack the spine to protect yourself or your loved ones, you simply lay there a take it. What is wrong with you? Why do you people think like this?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

?I think the mod in this section has an anti gun agenda and a political motive and are using their tiny mod power here to somehow exert some influence. This is why I hate politics at every level for this reason. Everyone given the slightest tiny power over others uses it for their own benefit or perceived benefit for advancing their ideals.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join