It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15-year old boy uses AR-15 to defend himself, sister against home invaders

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

A home invasion needs to be automatically, and always, handled as though they mean to do you harm. Chances are, more than likely, they either do mean to do you harm or WILL end up doing you harm.

link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Assault rifle? An AR-15 is NOT an assault rifle. How is using a smei auto long arm different than using any other gun?

link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Originally posted by TinkerHaus

A kid...wielding an AR-15...that is crazy.

Why would his father even teach his kid how to wield an assault rifle...out of all things. A pistol would have been more sufficient...

It's a damned good thing he did teach him how to responsibly use a firearm - otherwise, as the OP mentioned, we might be reading a story about 2 dead or missing kids.

I agree, but teaching a juvenile how to wield an assault rifle...is crazy. I think the kid may be too young to learn how to shoot an assault rifle. Perhaps a pistol would be better at that age.

I am glad that they sufficiently protected themselves though...i am glad that they are unharmed.

What were they doing home alone anyway

If the child is mentally capable of knowing the risks involved, can treat the firearm with respect, and can use it responsibly, what's the difference?

What's this with "assault rifle?" This is a semi-auto rifle, not an assault rifle. Stop letting the media buzzwords invade your brain, man!

It's harder to learn to shoot a pistol, you have less grip and the smaller frame = more recoil. Nothing wrong with teaching your kids to use a RIFLE.

My first gun was a rifle. =P
edit on 10-1-2013 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I agree, but teaching a juvenile how to wield an assault rifle...is crazy. I think the kid may be too young to learn how to shoot an assault rifle. Perhaps a pistol would be better at that age.

I used to shoot air rifles shot guns and bow and arrows when I was 4.5.. Related to mountain people even though I grew up super liberal..

He's not too young.. A pistol would be more dangerous to ones self via the much shorter barrel..

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I think laws are different here in the UK. Here you can only use deadly force if your life is in danger. Just thinking someone might hurt you isnt a good enough reason to try to kill someone over here. You can only really get away with it if you are being attacked.

like i said im not anti gun.

edit on 10-1-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by ManjushriPrajna

Thats what I said a home invasion IS an attack. If you dont belong in my house I will without question shoot you.

link   
because an ar-15 is easier to hit a target then most handguns...

In case people don't know here in texas if someone comes on your property and will not leave or even attempts to enter your home without permission you have the right to use deadly force at any time as long as they are on your property and you feel threatened by them.

Don't mess with texas..

and why did he teach his kid to use a gun.. for the reason why they wrote a story about this.. because if he didn't teach him responsibly and if it was all locked up then those kids would be dead right now rather then protecting themselves and their home.

link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus

Why would his father even teach his kid how to wield an assault rifle...out of all things. A pistol would have been more sufficient...

It's a damned good thing he did teach him how to responsibly use a firearm - otherwise, as the OP mentioned, we might be reading a story about 2 dead or missing kids.

I am glad that they sufficiently protected themselves though...i am glad that they are unharmed.

What? When I was young, my mom left me home alone at age 12 and we are an Asian CONSERVATIVE family, traditional Chinese are one of the most over-protective parents.

I ask again, whats the difference between a semi-auto AR vs a semi-auto handgun? There is essentially no difference, especially if the caliber is the same. Sometimes handguns are higher caliber than rifles.

Was the father (law enforcement) crazy to teach his son to how to defend the home and the family? was he really?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

I think that this does not get reported because, sadly, this type of thing happens all too frequently.

Whereas gun violence against innocents does not.

Oppourtunistic politicians and agenda-driven people jump on the infrequent events to push a movement to restrict freedoms so that more and more will become reliant on the state instead of taking care of themselves.

Just my humble opinion. . .

link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

Yes, I know. I was speaking more towards the people who have a fantastical imagination and think that home invaders only want to just take your big screen TV and gold watch.

link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

An assault rifle is classified as automatic.

The AR-15 is semi-automatic, just like many handguns are. So why is a semi-automatic AR-15 more dangerous than a semi-automatic handgun?

Ahhuh. Just like a hand gun.

And within access of a 15 year old.

This is a good thing. We need more 15 year olds with these guns. They're harmless.

Look at how well this turned out. Those 2 intruders will think twice next time. There will be no more home invasions in the next few months, now that 15 year olds have access to little guns like this.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

The AR-15 is semi-automatic, just like many handguns are. So why is a semi-automatic AR-15 more dangerous than a semi-automatic handgun?

Fair enough.

Are you serious???

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

In Arizona your "domicile" is anything you own/ legally occupy. Be it a tent, front yard, car anything I hope good ole Texas is the same.
edit on 10-1-2013 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ManjushriPrajna

People are ridiculous, the non paranoid people are the problem in today's day and age. They grew far too comfortable, us paranoids dont take any chances.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

So in the UK if your life were in danger you couldn't use lethal force if you HAD to?

Wow...Just wow, my life or theirs, which is more important? A thug or a me? Hmm hard choice...

-SAP-

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Armed or harmed the choice is yours. My kids will not be statistics.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Fair enough.

Are you serious???

Of course I'm serious.

You are the one that is confused about gun classification, I am merely telling you what the difference is and comparing the two.

How is it crazy to teach a 15 year old how to use a semi-auto rifle and not crazy to teach a 15 year old to use a semi-auto handgun?

It makes no sense at all, one is not more dangerous than the other.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

So in the UK if your life were in danger you couldn't use lethal force if you HAD to?

No..i said :

Here you can only use deadly force if your life is in danger.

try reading it more slowly

edit on 10-1-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Ahh. I thought you said "can't". I stand corrected.

-SAP-

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Frightening situation for a young teenager,im so glad these 2 kids are ok.Thats one cool-headed capable boy,i would be very proud of him,as im sure his parents are.I also don't think the American gun owners have to worry about a gun grab-surely the government is well aware of what the catastrophic results would be.Their greed+the financial mess they're in,would ensure they need a working,taxpaying,SPENDING population.That is propably the only reason your guvment won't make a real go of it -law abiding gun-owners tend to also be responsible,hardworking citizens.The backbone of society.Your government needs you a million times more than you need them.And i think they know it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join