It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemical odor in St. Bernard Parish LA

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CajunBoy

Ahh ok.

Dunno whats going on... but I know it aint legit

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoDat09

Well that is good news, stay safe my dear.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
More than likely a huge chemical dump by Government officials of some sort. This would be why the media hasn't reported anything.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Well this is the day after and I heard little to nothing about the smell from Chalmette! This sounds like October when the smell was released before, many people were reportedly struck with illness from the smell, the company denied releasing anything etc .... Nothing to see here move along!

I had heard about this last night on Twitter, our local news was reporting on it, they then did a little piece on the news about it, WDSU, our local NBC station started off their news cast at 10 with news on the odd smell. Guess I'll wait till 5 to see what they say!

The sunset was beautiful last night! Was nice to see a peak at the sun, seems it hasn't been out in days!! My hubby took this from work yesterday, he works in Harahan.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

FOX8 had a little piece in the noon news about it too.

Off Topic: That picture is AMAZING! Reminds me of the time I was outside Morgan City and the sky was FILLED with these fire rainbows.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Sunsets are not supposed to look like this. They are red because there are so many particles in the atmosphere that it changes the color of the light from the sun. Chemtrails. Sunsets only started frequently looking like this a couple years ago. 10+ years ago it was SO RARE to be able to witness a red/orange sunset. Chemtrails are in over-abundance over the US, UK, and Canada.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
WWLTV.com
Email: [email protected] | Twitter: @WWLTV

CHALMETTE, La. -- Jefferson Parish officials are reporting a chemical odor coming from St. Bernard Parish, according to the Jefferson Parish Fire Department.

People in Chalmette and Terrytown are reporting burning eyes and trouble breathing.

The official cause of the odor hasn't been released, but the fire department said the chemical "appears" to be coming from the Rain CII Plant in St. Bernard Parish.

The fire department said Hazmat crews and the Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality have been notified.

www.wwltv.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Nothing tonight.
Still no smell, hope its been taken care of.

Still want to see your pics stealthykat

edit on 11-1-2013 by alittleironic because: Because

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by clairvoyantrose

Sunsets are not supposed to look like this. They are red because there are so many particles in the atmosphere that it changes the color of the light from the sun. Chemtrails. Sunsets only started frequently looking like this a couple years ago. 10+ years ago it was SO RARE to be able to witness a red/orange sunset. Chemtrails are in over-abundance over the US, UK, and Canada.

Haven't you ever heard the saying "Red skies at night sailor's delight. Red skies in morning sailor take warning."
Pretty sure that phrase is more than 10 years old, so surely red/orange sunsets are not exactly new.

I've seen countless red/orange sunsets, but I grew up in the country without a lot of buildings in the way.

I would definitely need to see some proof that before 10 years ago sunsets were rarely red.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
It looks like hydrogen sulfide is the culprit in the chemical smell that made many folks sick in St. Bernard Parish in Louisiana on Thursday night. On Friday the test results showed high levels of hydrogen sulfide. Here is the story.

High levels of sulfure dioxide

On Thursday, the level of hydrogen sulfide at the Chalmette Vista monitor was at 1 or 2 parts per billion throughout the day, but at 6 p.m. that number jumped to 10. Levels of sulphur dioxide were between 1.6 and 2.7 parts per billion throughout the day, but climbed to 29.1 at 6 p.m., the website shows. Through noon on Friday, the hydrogen sulfide level ranged from 3 parts per billion at 4 a.m to 23 parts per billion at 10 a.m., while the sulphur dioxide level ranged from 4.7 parts per billion at 8 a.m. to the noon reading of 79.7 parts per billion.

Authorities are also blaming the smell on a local chemical plant which denies having anything to do with it.

Late Friday, Rain officials issued a news release saying its facility was not responsible for the odors. "Our Rain CII Chalmette Plant is operating under normal conditions and adhering to our permits," said Gerry Sweeney, president and CEO of Rain CII Carbon. "We do not believe any of the issues recently reported are due to our facility or operation. We continue to cooperate with the DEQ and other local and state officials."

A lot of poeple complained about the smell making them sick on a local tv channel's facebook page There were two different posts on facebook that said they heard two booms early that evening.:

also heard to booms im in st Bernard parish and the smell is outrageous i hope we are gonna b ok

We smell a "gasoline" smell here in Belle Chasse as well.

Wonder if those red clouds were related to the chemical smell?

Stay safe and indoors people! We smell it in the house without going inside we in chalmette by the high school and got red irritated eyes and bad taste in our mouthes and headaches

My throat is burning, feeling nausea, and eyes and nose burns

WE NEED TO KNOW SOMETHING WE HAVE HANDICAPPED AND SMALL KIDS HERE I've been inside all night... and eyes are seriously red and constant itching.. and tasting something sour

top topics

<< 1   >>

join