It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flu Vaccine - Public Safety or Pharma Profits

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Flu Vaccine - Public Safety or Pharma Profits

I believe a lot of vaccines have genuinely helped us and made us safer - example: the polio vaccine. I'm not usually anti-vaccine but the flu vaccine and this flu season's early devastation makes me raise an eyebrow**. I just find it weird that many people I know who received the flu vaccine this year ended up with this horrible flu yet the media keeps promoting the flu vaccine as the best defence, some even questioning why people aren't getting it. Why is the flu vaccine so important now? People weren't getting it yearly until very recently, were they? It doesn't seem like a great vaccine like the small pox, polio or tetanus and it's required yearly(because the flu season's strain is different every year). What a great way to make money! Now they convince companies to pay for mass doses to give to their employees. In November my workplace made flu shots available for a week and most people went and got them yet over 50% have come down with this flu.

I don't have a medical degree nor do I claim to be an expert but something just seems weird about it all**. For the first time in history massive amounts of people are getting a vaccine for the flu yet we're still having large outbreaks like this...isn't that weird? It could be nothing, maybe I'm just annoyed at the media for thriving on our fears and struggles while also making them worse with their excitement.

**Before I get flamed I want to mention that I'm just bringing this up because some things are curious but for now I lean more toward the public safety side of the "or" than the conspiracy side. I'm all ears to other's thoughts. You be the judge...

Fox News: Flu outbreak: Why are so many not getting vaccinated?

The virus causing the most problems: A particular strain of type A influenza called H3N2 has been the most predominantly reported this year. Luckily, this year’s flu vaccine is very well matched to H3N2, which has been historically associated with more severe illness. And yet, many people still don’t get the flu shot. The CDC recommends everyone who is over the age of 6 months get a flu vaccine.

CNN: No flu vaccine shortage, manufacturers say

As the number of seasonal influenza cases continues to rise, reports of vaccine shortages in some locations are beginning to circulate. But vaccine manufacturers say there is plenty of vaccine for those who want to get a flu shot. MedImmune, manufacturer of FluMist, the only flu vaccine that comes in a nasal spray, produced 12 million doses for the current season to fill customer orders. In addition to those orders, they produced extra doses. FluMist is approved for healthy people between the age of 2 and 49. "Right now we currently have 310,000 extra doses that could ship tomorrow," Tor Constantino, MedImmune spokesperson, told CNN. "All of those expire next month. Another 70,000 doses are available that could ship tomorrow, and those expire in March.

LA Times: Early outbreak has officials bracing for worst flu season in years

Officials began warning of the severity of this season’s flu early in December when Dr. Thomas Frieden, the director of the CDC, urged people to get a flu shot to minimize the disease’s spread. While publicizing National Influenza Vaccination Week, Frieden said a flu shot was the best tool available to stop the spread of the disease...That advice is still the best, health officials said. And public officials, including New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Thursday, urged their constituents to get vaccinated.

NBC News: Major flu outbreak threatens to slow US economy further

What a business should be doing is offering flu shots...
Doctors urge everyone six months and older to be given a flu shot or vaccine.

edit on 10-1-2013 by Epirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Here's some more info:

TextEach year seems to hit a new level of hype surrounding the seasonal flu. The pharmaceutical-media complex is drooling over the latest "outbreak," which has resulted in Boston declaring a "Health Emergency" as highlighted in the video below. Additionally, nurses are being denied the right to refuse flu vaccinations, even on religious grounds, and are being fired for any resistance.

TextAs even the Associated Press was forced to highlight: Recent studies have shown that the flu vaccine as a whole is only about 59 percent effective at preventing the illness. NRP pointed out that the vaccine appears to be less effective for the elderly, which is a population often highly encouraged to receive the shot in the first place. Perhaps one reason for the ineffectiveness of this year's vaccine is that the most virulent strain of H3N2v is not included in the vaccine.

www.activistpost.com...

I myself would come into the elderly bracket and have not ever had the vaccine and wouldn't - I haven't had the flu for over 30 years but did get it this year - it was a nasty one to say the least however as my immune system hasn't been damaged via vaccines I believe I survived this flu even after being admitted following a heart attack brought on by it - I still won't have it.

Oh I forgot to mention how much TAX they're drawing with the syringes:

TextIn the weeks leading up to the Christmas 2012 holidays, some members of Congress got antsy about making certain the push to have everyone vaccinated against the flu would also entitle Uncle Sam to a special tax on each flu shot.

Two bills were introduced into Congress: H.R. 6687 in the House of Representatives and S.3716 in the Senate. The House bill stated it was introduced To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to include vaccines against seasonal influenza within the definition of taxable vaccines.

Even though the House bill died in committee at the end of the 112th Congress, the Senate version was reintroduced January 2, 2013 by Democrat Max Baucus and Republican Orrin Hatch.

The new bill was passed by unanimous consent in the Senate and immediately sent to the House for passage. A real fast track piece of legislation, I’d say. A sleeper too, that not many people know about.

edit on 10-1-2013 by quedup because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2013 by quedup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

Definitely phrama Profits, seem to be on the brain.

I didn't get the flu shot and neither has my son or hubs, and we won't, the last time I got my son the flu shot, he got the h1n1 swine flu that was way over hyped! The swine flu has been around since I do believe the 70s or 80s, it wasn't new.
Anyway...

They want the masses scared and keep them busy while something gets passed through the senate, and none of us will know till it's too late or I don't know...
Just my lil tiny opinion.

When everyone was distracted with that kony2012 hubla, Obama signed the executive order that could potentially put the US into martial law
edit on 11-1-2013 by natalia because: (no reason given)

new topics

join