It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry a 'Benedict Arnold'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
These are pretty heavy charges against Kerry.

I guess it would suck if I was a POW stuck in a prison cell, being tortured daily and a fellow American, a fellow solider came out and belittled me and my country during war. I would be angry too!

Most Decorated U.S. Vet: Kerry a 'Benedict Arnold'

Ex-POW campaigns against Democrat, denounces him for 'war crimes' charge.

The nation's most highly decorated living veteran told a hometown audience in Sioux City, Iowa, Democratic Party presidential candidate John Kerry "will go down in history as the Benedict Arnold of 1971."

Col. George "Bud" Day, an Air Force pilot who spent 67 months in a North Vietnamese prison and was awarded the Medal of Honor among other decorations, visited Sioux City to campaign against Kerry.

"The notion that his guy would think he is qualified to be president of the United State when he has already pledged his allegiance to North Vietnam makes absolute zero sense,'' Day told the Sioux City Journal. "My view is he basically will go down in history sometime as the Benedict Arnold of 1971.''

www.worldnetdaily.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Funny how Americans abhor all revolutionaries except for their own.

Benedict Arnold was a loyal to the then legitimate rulers of North America.He was just on the wrong side of history.

*Throwing the cat amoungst the pigeons*

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I found another good article, this is from a paper that is not biased and it shows the contempt that this American Hero has for Kerry.

rantburg.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1

Benedict Arnold was a loyal to the then legitimate rulers of North America.He was just on the wrong side of history.

*Throwing the cat amoungst the pigeons*

History is written by the victors. Much of the history of the American civil war is slanted towards the north because the north won the war. Much is made of Andersonville as being a terrible place while Elmyria and Point lookout get's hardly any press.

I don't think that American abhor all revolutionaries, I think we don't like those who pretend to be on our side and then stick it to us in the back.

France is a prime example, I know a lot of people in my neighborhood who are democrats won't drink any French Wine. A lot of their resentment goes back to when the U.S. bombed Libya and France refused overflight of their country, causing several aircraft to go down.

While wearing the Uniform of one country and selling them out to the enemy in a time of war might not seem like treason to some, to us it does.

this is really true to those in uniform or have ever worn the uniform. That is why Kerry is not liked very much by veterans and the military.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The World Net Daily says the same about McCain (LINK) . So who do they think isn't a traitor? Any Vietnam Vet that supports Bush?

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1

Benedict Arnold was not "loyal" to the Crown, he was loyal to himself.

ushistory.org
By May of 1779, Arnold had begun bargaining with the British. Why would a man commit treason against his country, especially one who had fought so valiantly? We can only speculate. He was certainly angry and hurt over the many slights he received over the years. He probably felt unappreciated by his country and those he fought with, even sacrificing his own leg for the cause. His pride was most likely the biggest piece of his life that was damaged — humiliation was always an affront Arnold could never take. Money, of course, played a big part. He was offered in excess of 10,000 pounds and a commission in the British military.

www.ushistory.org...

I would also not insult Benedict Arnold by linking him to John Kerry in any way shape or form. Benedict Arnold was a hero, John Kerry is a fraud.

www.militarycorruption.com...

MilitaryCorruption.com is an active duty/veterans advocacy site, they have pilloried the Bush Administration relentlessly, please don’t try to claim a “partisan source”.

new topics

top topics

join