It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Hates Multi-Culturalism and Unity.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

What kind of God was this Yahweh, that he was so threatened by mankind's intellectual abilities? If they were created in "God's" image, why is it sin to aspire to be like him? Isn't that was any father would want of a son?

There is a difference between a child wanting to be like their father and a child who wants to deny the gift of life that was given to him through arrogance and an 'I am better than you' attitude. The men of the day in the tower of Babel were showing nothing but arrogance toward their creator (father)

When I see what "GOD" created, I see mountain ranges that take my breath away. Flocks of birds that take off in a rush and cover the sky. I see whales breaching for joy in a seemingly infinite ocean. I see a crystal blue dome of sky dotted with clouds during the day, and a canopy of of stars, stretching into forever at night.

We all look at these things in awe. An Atheist might call them wonders of nature, a believer might call them works of God, but we can all agree that they are wondrous things that man himself had nothing to do with the making of.

Are you trying to tell me that these men of Babel thought there building was greater than these things? Or, was this Yahweh character NOT really the creator of those things, and mankind WAS approaching his intelligence? Can't have that!

Think metahporically here. The tower could represent any one of mankind's arrogant acts here in the 21st century. The way we are gobbling up the worlds resources much faster that the planet can replenish them is just one alarming example. The one thing God has is foresight - he can see the outcome way ahead of us if he lets things go unchecked. I don't think God has a problem with us having intelligence, but when that intelligence leads us down the road to self destruction, well wouldn't you step in if you were a caring parent? Think of the example of a kid finding a box of matches and playing with them. When the parent finds the child striking them, a responsible one will take away the box of matches and maybe discipline the child even if it has been warned against doing just that previously. This is called love, because it is an action that while at the time may seem harsh to the child, intended to save the child from harm.

This leads mankind of the day to become arrogant and decide that their achievements are greater than Gods. (Sound like today's society at all?)

Like this?

It's just a building. Again it can also be a metaphor, but at the end of the day it is just a building and one day it will probably fall down, like most other things man makes.

So he punishes them by spiltting them up and making it difficult for them to communicate thereby thwarting their efforts and teaching them a lesson

He didn't teach them a lesson, he plunged them into ignorance.

I would tend to disagree with you there. Look at all the ancient societies; The Egyptians, the Mayans, the Chinese, the Sumerians, the Romans, the Greeks, the Indians, and all the other great ancient societes of this world that I have missed listing. Mankind plunged himself into ignorance with the destruction of these societies me thinks.

If you listen to the words of modern prophets, they all talk about the need for unity among men to defeat Satan who is wandering upon the earth among us.

Who are these "modern" prophets?

Lets start with this list; This is only a drop in the ocean - God is speaking, he always has been. It is us who are not listening...

www.2heartsnetwork.org...
edit on 10-1-2013 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

There is a difference between a child wanting to be like their father and a child who wants to deny the gift of life that was given to him through arrogance and an 'I am better than you' attitude. The men of the day in the tower of Babel were showing nothing but arrogance toward their creator (father)

Think metahporically here. The tower could represent any one of mankind's arrogant acts here in the 21st century. The way we are gobbling up the worlds resources much faster that the planet can replenish them is just one alarming example. The one thing God has is foresight - he can see the outcome way ahead of us if he lets things go unchecked. I don't think God has a problem with us having intelligence, but when that intelligence leads us down the road to self destruction, well wouldn't you step in if you were a caring parent? Think of the example of a kid finding a box of matches and playing with them. When the parent finds the child striking them, a responsible one will take away the box of matches and maybe discipline the child even if it has been warned against doing just that previously. This is called love, because it is an action that while at the time may seem harsh to the child, intended to save the child from harm.

I'm just not seeing it. Why would a real "GOD" care if puny humans just didn't get his awesomeness, and compared themselves to him?

I'm not seeing the parent analogy either. No good parent would choose confusion over sitting down and explaining why something is dangerous.

You have really do some back flips to turn this story into a "love" story. Nothing that the Old Testament God did, in my opinion, can be described as love.

It's just a building. Again it can also be a metaphor, but at the end of the day it is just a building and one day it will probably fall down, like most other things man makes.

Right, and men die after only a few years. Too bad God didn't think that way.

I would tend to disagree with you there. Look at all the ancient societies; The Egyptians, the Mayans, the Chinese, the Sumerians, the Romans, the Greeks, the Indians, and all the other great ancient societes of this world that I have missed listing. Mankind plunged himself into ignorance with the destruction of these societies me thinks.

None of those societies claimed Yahweh as their God. Coincidence? I don't think so. Show me the monuments the Jews built.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by HenryNorris

So god comes down to earth and destroys a United Humanity. God scatters man across the face of the earth and and makes us speak different languages so we cant communicate.

What is gods problem?

Father did this because man was advancing too fast in the time allotted. If man was to continue to progress, he would have learned too fast and many needed to come down and experience life, and certain paths needed to be followed.

Also, the full account and accuracy of that particular story is not portrayed correctly in the bible.
edit on 10-1-2013 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I'm just not seeing it. Why would a real "GOD" care if puny humans just didn't get his awesomeness, and compared themselves to him?

I'm not seeing the parent analogy either. No good parent would choose confusion over sitting down and explaining why something is dangerous.

You have really do some back flips to turn this story into a "love" story. Nothing that the Old Testament God did, in my opinion, can be described as love.

Has one never heard of tough love then? - Sitting down and explaining things does not always work. Explanations are only ever relevant if the person or people are actually prepared to listen and is capable of understanding. For instance, try telling a two year old not to play with matches because he or she might burn the house down and chances are they will look at you blankly because their mind is not yet capable of making the connection between their actions and the possible consequence.

So, no, I am not making a backflip. Love is not always soft, cuddly and all warm and fuzzy. Sometimes it can suck and only down the line you realise why the action was taken.

Right, and men die after only a few years. Too bad God didn't think that way.

That is exactly the shortsighted attitude that got the planet into the mess it is today in the first place. Men in powerful places are always making decisions for short term gain based upon the idea that they will not be around to suffer the consequence of their actions. God on the other hand sees things progress from generation to generation. So, yes he does think that we are just a fleeting speck of light in the expanse of time, but he also knows that what we do today can have dramatic effects in years to come and at times past when things have started to go pearshaped he has stepped in.

None of those societies claimed Yahweh as their God. Coincidence? I don't think so.

The Romans adopted Christianity as their own, so yes, they had Yahweh as their God. The Sumerians may have been the originator of the monotheistic religion. Trace back chinese religion to its oldest texts and you start to find some striking similarities in things like the creation story and the great flood...

There are more parallels in world religion than you think. If the story of the tower of babel were true, then you would expect there to be some 'root' elements in religion that stem from the time that humanity was united would you not? The differences are easily explained from the obvious geographic and langauge barriers that ensued meaning that they all developed in their own unique ways.

Show me the monuments the Jews built.

Umm, the temple in Jerusalem that has been knocked down twice? There is still part of it standing today (the wailing wall) and the continual desire to rebuild it a third time is the cause of so much angst in the middle east..... And let's not forget the bible itself. The old testament is their living monument.
edit on 10-1-2013 by markosity1973 because: atrocius grammar

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
And God will destroy Babylon again when the UN unites the world under the antichrist. What it's really about is opposing a world tyranny that, by the way, is under the control of the devil.

Like the fallen angels these all powerful governments and tyrannical regimes are arrogant and wish to usurp God with the worship of the state. I'm glad God destroyed Babylon and I will welcome the destruction of the NWO, the UN or any organization that sets itself up to be god on earth.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by HenryNorris

What I get from the story is that a United Humanity can achieve anything. And 'god' is afraid of us.

What I get from the story is that a United Humanity that's capable of achieving anything will use it for evil long before they choose to use their achievements for good or God's will.

God's not afraid of anyone. He separates us to keep us from destroying ourselves sooner.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

This Old Testament God hates human innovation, free will and critical thought, which is innate in mankind. We are a social species, and our success depends on our ability to get along and nurture the aforementioned positive traits.

How does this God, that supposedly created everything, let the world and humanity get so out of control, time and time again? Why does he always rely on destruction if he's a creator?

Didn't God allow the fallen angels, that are named as the "Sons of God" in Genesis, seduce and mate with the children of Eve? Then he mutters something about regretting ever having created mankind in the first place, and destroys everything!

This "God" has no love for humanity, in fact he hates and resents humanity. Read chapter 32 of Deuteronomy. He would destroy us all if he wasn't afraid that others would take credit for his failure with mankind.

23 I will heap mischiefs upon them; I will spend mine arrows upon them. 24 They shall be burnt with hunger, and devoured with burning heat, and with bitter destruction: I will also send the teeth of beasts upon them, with the poison of serpents of the dust. 25 The sword without, and terror within, shall destroy both the young man and the virgin, the suckling also with the man of gray hairs. 26 I said, I would scatter them into corners, I would make the remembrance of them to cease from among men:

27 Were it not that I feared the wrath of the enemy, lest their adversaries should behave themselves strangely, and lest they should say, Our hand is high, and the Lord hath not done all this.

What's wrong with this God, who's creation can't tell the difference between him and other gods, devils? Why does this God let things get so out of control, again and again?

Nah. I'm going with what others have posted and agree that this story is just a made up fairy tale to explain the existence of other nations, speaking other languages. Nothing more.

The God of the Old Testament is a false God and every bit of evidence points to the fact that this God is NOT our creator.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

The Romans adopted Christianity as their own, so yes, they had Yahweh as their God.

First of all, the Roman's already had their temples, monuments, city infrastructure, roads, bridges, waterways and governmental buildings, when Christianity was adopted. They melded their own pagan gods into the Jesus myth, creating today's Catholic Church, which is way different from what Jesus actually taught.

The Sumerians may have been the originator of the monotheistic religion. Trace back chinese religion to its oldest texts and you start to find some striking similarities in things like the creation story and the great flood... There are more parallels in world religion than you think. If the story of the tower of babel were true, then you would expect there to be some 'root' elements in religion that stem from the time that humanity was united would you not? The differences are easily explained from the obvious geographic and langauge barriers that ensued meaning that they all developed in their own unique ways.

All this only proves that the Hebrews pledgerized other cultures mythology that came before them, and claimed it as their own.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

The God of the Old Testament is a false God and every bit of evidence points to the fact that this God is NOT our creator.

Personally, I would say that you CHOOSE to ignore certain evidence.

As for the reason why God allows things to get out of control over and over again?

The same evidence that you're choosing to ignore based on another thread you created. Free will. That's why God allows it to get to the levels that he does.

He may be disappointed with humanity as a whole, but He most likely thought it was worth it in order that some of them would follow him to the end in order to spend eternity with him. Why refuse a perfect eternity to anyone just because the majority chose not to follow?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Really? Where did God go after the flood? Where were the laws and loving guidance shown to these new people? The Bible is silent on how God led and abided with the children of Noah. That is, until they demonstrated free will, self determination, innovation, and concern for the future of their offspring.

Why didn't God nurture and guide these people, in their desire to emulate their creator? I think that this god hated those traits so much that he couldn't even look at humanity while they practiced free will, and turned his back on them, because of it.

After seeing that they may succeed in the unified effort, he couldn't take it anymore, and destroyed and baffled their efforts.

The moral of the story is: Free will, self determination, critical thought, unification and self preservation are all things that the God of the OT despised, and punished his people for asserting them.

Yahweh wasn't the only god, and he knew it! At the same time, other societies, that didn't know or follow this God, flourished under their own gods.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

I'm not sure how to respond to this post since it totally contradicted itself.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Okay, let me simplify my position for you.

This made up god, wasn't the only game in town. This made up god was an exaggerated aspect of it's creators' sadism and greed and was used to justify their actions.

This made up story, The Tower Babel, is an attempt by the Hebrews, to take credit for and explain the phenomena of growing populations, emerging cultures and different religions and languages, by way of their personal tribal god's wrath.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   

First of all, the Roman's already had their temples, monuments, city infrastructure, roads, bridges, waterways and governmental buildings, when Christianity was adopted. They melded their own pagan gods into the Jesus myth, creating today's Catholic Church, which is way different from what Jesus actually taught.

Yes, the Romans did have their own temples and if you go visit the eternal city you will notice that they ransacked them all and converted the ones they thought were worth keeping into Christian ones.

These pagan Gods you speak of were dumped in favour of Jesus, only the holidays were kept and even these were switched over to Christian festivals i.e Christmas. Some of the holidays i,e. Easter follow the old Jewish calendar.

The Jesus myth you speak of is still alive and unchanged from the day the Nicean council said this is the new testament. The church's teachings are still the same core values as ever. It is only in our modern times that anything much at all has changed in the church. Even the change and and corruption of teaching in the church I speak of was foretold; you might be interested in a quick read of my thread on that subject

www.abovetopsecret.com...

All this only proves that the Hebrews pledgerized other cultures mythology that came before them, and claimed it as their own.

But does it? Think about it, Sumeria was in the same region as Modern Iraq, which is where the tower of Babel is. Saddam Hussein in his wisdom and arrogance had the tower rebuilt and had his name stamped on every brick so everyone would know it was him for eternity. It is also the oldest society with written records ever found as well. Somewhat interestingly, the Sumerians also have a tower of babel story. The tribe of Israel was supposedly chosen by God after he had mixed up mankind.. So, it is entirely possible that Sumerian society is perhaps the society God spilt up since their's predates Jewish society is it not?

So, if we hypothetically accept the bible and the Sumerian records as historically accurate, it is therefore logical to assume that if the Sumerians are the older race that the Jews would have many elements of the earlier beliefs if the story of the one true God etc were real. This is because the Jews (like all of us if we accept the story to be true) are descendants of the Sumerians.
edit on 12-1-2013 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join