It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Hates Multi-Culturalism and Unity.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

So god causes a Great Flood to punish man for being disobedient and sinful. God pretty much kills everyone. But it turns out ok because what emerges from the murderous Great Flood is generations of a United Humanity that now speak a single language and are so powerful in their unity that they can achieve anything at all. The united people of earth resolve to build a great city with a tower to touch the gods and unite humanity forever.

God looked down at his man and saw that together they could do anything. He saw that a United Humanity was a god. This made god afraid that he would lose power over us and he said "They are one people and have one language, and nothing will be withheld from them which they purpose to do." "Come, let us go down and confound their speech."

So god comes down to earth and destroys a United Humanity. God scatters man across the face of the earth and and makes us speak different languages so we cant communicate.

What is gods problem?

One thing is clear and that is that 'god' does not want humanity united.

I am pretty sure that all these biblical texts are cryptic clues about what actually happened. I wonder what actually happened to The Tower of Babel. It is interesting reading about the different spins that different religions have. In the Kabbalistic version one third of the builder were transformed into semi-demonic creatures and banished to three seperate dimensions that are now inhabited by their descendants.

I think religion is twisted nonsense that is fed to the stupid masses. What I get from the story is that a United Humanity can achieve anything. And 'god' is afraid of us.
edit on 10-1-2013 by HenryNorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by HenryNorris

Yup, the God of the OT is easily threatened by humans!

One would think that someone as all knowing and powerful as God wouldn't need to worry about such advancements. Maybe he's more like the guy behind the curtain than the Wizard of Oz!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

The God you speak of is not the true Father of Creation... He/she/it is a Jealous maniacal child who likes to toy with man kind.

Jesus VS. the imposter

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

The God you speak of is not the true Father of Creation... He/she/it is a Jealous maniacal child who likes to toy with man kind.

Jesus VS. the imposter

Hey thanks. Thats interesting. I am reading The OT for the first time atm. Its pretty freaky.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Seriously? Where do you get off on using the good name of God to spread your vile divisive message????

God is the father of ALL humanity. Yes, the tower of babel incident saw us spread across the earth and our languages mixed up if you believe in the bible, but much has happened in the story of humanity since then.

Take your vile hate messages with your dusty old bible and go somewhere else please.
edit on 10-1-2013 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

The "Good name of God"? Have you READ the Old Testament?

The Problem With God
edit on 10-1-2013 by windword because: LINKY

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Ok.

Sorry. Didnt mean to upset you.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Sure have, and I know all about the angry God who used to smite you if you so much as farted at the wrong time.

BUT, there is a second testament to the bible and it is all about change with a new start with a new covenant for humanity and God.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I seem to recall a passage that said something to the effect of.... Thou shall not break wind in my general direction sayeth the lord...

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by markosity1973
reply to post by windword

Sure have, and I know all about the angry God who used to smite you if you so much as farted at the wrong time.

BUT, there is a second testament to the bible and it is all about change with a new start with a new covenant for humanity and God.
The OP was clearly referencing the Old Testament. Not the New Testament.

His points are valid. Your rant is misguided

His apology was thoughtful. Your response thoughtless

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I don't believe that Yahweh is the "Father God" that Jesus was talking about. I don't think Paul understood that, or anything that Jesus said or did, actually.

There are parts of the New Testament that wonderful, and parts that need to be rejected, in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

What is gods problem?

The gods you mention above have a big problem. God Himself. What transpires from Genesis 1 to Revelation 22 is a trial and we are the witnesses. Nimrod was a fallen king seeking to reestablish the former kingdoms of the preflood world. Enoch describes the events of the fall of Satan and the followup fall of the Watchers. What did God know in Genesis 3?

14 So the Lord God said to the serpent, “Because you have done this,

“Cursed are you above all livestock
and all wild animals!
You will crawl on your belly
and you will eat dust
all the days of your life.
15 And I will put enmity
between you and the woman,
and between your offspring[a] and hers;
he will crush your head,
and you will strike his heel.”

What is the heel?

1 Corinthians 10

16 Is not the cup of thanksgiving for which we give thanks a participation in the blood of Christ? And is not the bread that we break a participation in the body of Christ? 17 Because there is one loaf, we, who are many, are one body, for we all share the one loaf.

Bread has two heels, right?

1 Corinthians 15

So it is written: "The first man Adam became a living being"; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit.

Adam is on both sides of what loaf?

1 Corinthians 12

12 Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ. 13 For we were all baptized by one Spirit so as to form one body—whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink. 14 Even so the body is not made up of one part but of many.

The body of Christ is the Church. Christ is the Head.

1 Corinthians 12

27 Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

The part you are missing is this: The heel (Last Adam) crushes the HEAD (MIND) of Satan. Mankind is healed of the Cloud over our minds. What is this cloud of darkness?

Cloud is the word nephelē. It also derives the word Nephilim, a cloud of evil spirits covering the people. This usage was shown in the book of Enoch 1 to describe the Evil Beings that corrupted Mankind. The cloud was the same as the one in Jude 1 and Enoch to describe Jesus coming in the clouds with an army of angels to rescue mankind.

Genesis 6

6 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

3 And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

How long is 120 years when considering the Golden Jubilee years? 120 X 50 = 6000. The clock ended December 21st.

Long Count Calendar and Why it Connects to Enoch

Your grip with God is not with him. It's with the "gods" that have corrupted this Earth. The God that saves you is not the God you are angry with.

edit on 10-1-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

It's okay
Any thread that starts with the title "God hates" is always going to get blood boiling as God is not about hate. Hate is a negative emotion that comes from a place other than God and God is about hope.

You have rather misinterpreted the stories though. The story of the tower of Babel is about Mankind deciding he is bigger and better than God. This leads mankind of the day to become arrogant and decide that their achievements are greater than Gods. (Sound like today's society at all?) So he punishes them by spiltting them up and making it difficult for them to communicate thereby thwarting their efforts and teaching them a lesson.

The great flood was God deciding that the world had become so wicked that he needed to start again.

If you listen to the words of modern prophets, they all talk about the need for unity among men to defeat Satan who is wandering upon the earth among us.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I just read this yesterday, and I still get a giggle when I read it!

Deut. 23:12-14 -- Designate a place outside the camp where you can go to relieve yourself. As part of your equipment have something to dig with, and when you relieve yourself, dig a hole and cover up your excrement. For the LORD your God moves about in your camp to protect you and to deliver your enemies to you. Your camp must be holy, so that he will not see among you anything indecent and turn away from you.

Some have noted that this practice has sanitary applications, but the reason actually given in the text for this practice is in verse 14. Of this it is said, "So that was the real reason for this law. If Yahweh had stepped in anything while he was walking about in the midst of the Israelite camp, it might have disgusted him so much that he would have turned away from his chosen ones."

Then it is said: The chosen ones were to carry paddles with them so that they could bury their excrement, but they had with them large herds and flocks of livestock. So what about the excrement from these animals? Did they have to bury it too? Or was a cow chip less offensive that human excrement?
www.tektonics.org...

edit on 10-1-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

The Tower of Babel is simply a rudimentary explanation of the development of languages in groups of people from different geographical areas.

Secondly, how is it possible for humans to build a tower that supposedly reached Heaven, when the level of oxygen decreases as one ascends into the upper atmosphere?

I do agree that the primary purpose of organized religion is to control; and here's an interesting fact: religion is highly correlated (statistically significant) with social dysfunction.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

I don't believe that Yahweh is the "Father God" that Jesus was talking about. I don't think Paul understood that, or anything that Jesus said or did, actually.

Okay, interesting thought, so who exactly do you think God the Father, the one whom Jesus is allegedly the son is of then?

Humour me

edit on 10-1-2013 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

It's okay
Any thread that starts with the title "God hates" is always going to get blood boiling as God is not about hate. Hate is a negative emotion that comes from a place other than God and God is about hope.

You have rather misinterpreted the stories though. The story of the tower of Babel is about Mankind deciding he is bigger and better than God. This leads mankind of the day to become arrogant and decide that their achievements are greater than Gods. (Sound like today's society at all?) So he punishes them by spiltting them up and making it difficult for them to communicate thereby thwarting their efforts and teaching them a lesson.

The great flood was God deciding that the world had become so wicked that he needed to start again.

If you listen to the words of modern prophets, they all talk about the need for unity among men to defeat Satan who is wandering upon the earth among us.

In the parable of the 153 fish, Jesus tells Peter to fish on the "RIGHT" side of the boat. The right side represents the Hebrew side of truth. When they did, they caught 153 fish. 153 is the 17th triangular number and what Pythagoras called the "Measure of the Fish." The measure of the fish represents a ratio of 1:1.415, which is the square root of 2. This ratio makes the shape of the vesica pisces, or the intersecting circles. But why? Beyond this being the symbol for the way of Christ, the fish also shows us the answer to love verses hate.

It's the difference between unity and multiplicity. When we seek truth, we deny ignorance and unity occurs. Check my last post on the Heel of the bread crushing Satan.

edit on 10-1-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

You have rather misinterpreted the stories though. The story of the tower of Babel is about Mankind deciding he is bigger and better than God.

What kind of God was this Yahweh, that he was so threatened by mankind's intellectual abilities? If they were created in "God's" image, why is it sin to aspire to be like him? Isn't that was any father would want of a son?

When I see what "GOD" created, I see mountain ranges that take my breath away. Flocks of birds that take off in a rush and cover the sky. I see whales breaching for joy in a seemingly infinite ocean. I see a crystal blue dome of sky dotted with clouds during the day, and a canopy of of stars, stretching into forever at night.

Are you trying to tell me that these men of Babel thought there building was greater than these things? Or, was this Yahweh character NOT really the creator of those things, and mankind WAS approaching his intelligence? Can't have that!

This leads mankind of the day to become arrogant and decide that their achievements are greater than Gods. (Sound like today's society at all?)

Like this?

So he punishes them by spiltting them up and making it difficult for them to communicate thereby thwarting their efforts and teaching them a lesson.

He didn't teach them a lesson, he plunged them into ignorance.

Who are these "modern" prophets?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
My opinion:

The writer of this story was very creative. And he was probably seen by everyone around him as a messenger of god because he could 'communicate with god and the angels'.

In reality, he was just a scientist (astronomer, geologist, etc) who has rich knowledge (reading stars, predict earthquake, etc) to make people believe he is the messenger of god.

Then he decided to make himself the lawgiver to his followers. And then during the exile, he also realized that Babylonians spoke different language.

Then there were also some visitors from outside of Babylon, spoke different languages.

Seeing the Ziggurat in Babylon, that appeared unfinished to him, an idea appear in his head:
Why not creating a story about Tower of Babel, about greedy Nimrod trying to be as god. Then god was angry because of Nimrod and god decided to confuse humans' one language into many languages....

Perfect, isn't it?

------------------

Note: IEtherianSoul9, you were faster than me

edit on 10-1-2013 by dodol because: Put a note

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

What you don't see here is man's pride. These people had become powerful in their own minds. They were not becoming God's. They can only build using the materials provided by the creator. Man was separated to be humbled. For in their pride they felt that they could become equal to God by their own hands. Has not greed done away with God and love in many hearts today. We marvel more at our technology than we do at Creation. I would say we are on the same path of pride.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join