It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10am-2pm, 10pm-2am

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mellisamouse
reply to post by beezzer

I don;t know, is there any way to combat it if there is??

Easiest way to check is spend the night at a hotel. If you can get a full night's sleep there, then the problem is locational.

As far as methods to combat it? None that I am aware of.

Sorry.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

What parts of the country
And. Is there 4G coverage?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Lol. You're probably right! I wouldn't know how to say that to a doctor either!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I'm glad you started this thread as well. I have been having the craziest time with sleep lately. I'm exhausted all day and come home from work barely awake. As soon as I hit the pillow, I'm awake. In fact, I'm on ATS now because I can't sleep again.

Did you mention where your area is?

A couple of, I guess you could say "odd" things have happened the last few days in my area. Not astounding, but different. Two days ago the power went out in part of my town. The next day there was a water main break. Today, there was a town-wide power outage for almost exactly an hour give or take 2-3 minutes. Came home from work and found out power had gone out in cities 40 miles from me. Not sure that it means much but thought I would share.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I'm very sorry to hear that you and others in your community are loosing sleep but it may be more natural than you think. It has been argued that before the Industrial Revolution segmented sleep was the norm.

A few years ago in my late 30's I started experiencing a bimodal or segmented sleep pattern. At first it was a real bummer and I felt like I was not getting enough sleep, however it didn't take very long to adapt to the schedule which for me was in bed around 11pm-12am and up at 3am, back in bed at 5-6am for another hour or two of sleep.

The way I adapted was to use the awake time from 3-6 or so to exercise, practice martial arts, meditate, surf the web, read a book, household chores...etc. I tend to get sore if I'm in bed more than 6-7 hours so I have come to appreciate this type of sleep pattern.

This topic reminds me of a great Aikido instructor I studied with, many years ago. This amazing individual never slept in a bed and instead just meditated until he hit REM sleep which took up to 3 hours and then he was up teaching Aikido and then off to be a professor...etc. He never seemed sleep deprived and always had a surplus of energy and very clear sharp eyes.

I hope this little bit of insight can help you find a way to achieve the rest you need.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
If you are looking for a more natural choice, try passionfruit as they are a natural sedative. If I have one just before bed, I fall asleep easily and have 'interesting dreams'.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Well once again, this morning, at EXACTLY 2 AM, my eye lids just shot open an I was wide awake -_- Haven't been able to sleep sense.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I myself don't have trouble sleeping (But I am on a lot of medication, and pain medication, for a disease I have... so sleeping really is not an issue, even though I don't take any kind of sleeping pills), but my father.. for some reason in the last few months he just does not sleep anymore. He goes to bed at 10, sometimes tries at 9, but always wakes up at 1 or 2AM! Then he just lays there, and has to get up for work at 5AM. I feel horrible for him, because it's making him feel horrible. Weekends, weekdays, doesn't matter.

He refuses to take sleeping pills, he tried for a bit but it was horrible and he hated the side effects.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
We live in a society where we are constantly overstimulated. Be it from food and drink or electronic gadgets that we now see as such a huge part of our lives.

Food and drink:
Avoid caffeine
Avoid junk food
Avoid preservetives
Avoid Sugar and Sweetners.

If you must eat and drink any of the above, there needs to be a cut off point. This can be played around with depending on your schedule and what time you need to get to bed at night.

For me, if i decide to have any of the above i will have a cut off point at 5pm. But most of the time the cut off point is much earlier. Especially when it comes to caffeinated tea and coffee. Even decaf should be a no no after a certain time as psychologically you believe you are still drinking a caffeinated beverage.

Also, don't eat too late, have your main meal at a decent time and try not to snack before bed (especially stuff in the avoid list).

Electronics:
Laptop/PC
Television
Cell phone (IPhone/Smart phone or otherwise)
Kindle
Games consoles
etc

Makesure you stop any of these things an hour (preferably more) before bed. You need to wind yourself down ready for sleep. These electronics keep you wired.

Avoid taking anything like this into your bedroom. Your bedroom is for sleeping (and for sex if you are getting any). Your bedroom is not an extension of your living room or office. The bedroom should be a gadget free zone.

You need a strong routine before bed.

Example;

An hour or more before bed, run yourself a bath. Whilst it's running, lay out your PJ's or whatever it is you sleep in on your bed. Go have a good soak in the bath, dry yourself properly, clean your teeth, comb your hair etc. Get into your clothes and slip into bed.

If you do wake up at a silly hour. Don't stay in bed. The more you lay in bed getting frustrated with not being able to sleep, the more likely it is you won't be able to get back to sleep.

Get up and go read a real book or magazine in another room, preferably with a dimmer light than your main lights (like a lamp). Do not read a kindle, do not switch on the TV, do not switch on the computer, do not play around with your IPhone/Smart phone or games console (if you have any of these things). Eventually your eyes will start to get tired again, this is when you get back into bed.

Continue this for a few weeks and see if you notice any improvement.

edit on 11-1-2013 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Deadscreameyes

Weird dude, I've been falling asleep around 9-10 PM too...connection maybe? I've made sure to not over-load my self on liquids/food, I even cut myself off at 8 PM to try an avoid waking up at night. But it's done nothing to help.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Oh! I forgot about high fructose corn syrup, it's in so many things! It's feels like ephedrine to me. Could be a cause?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by GorgoGutt

My father does the same thing. Doesn't eat or drink anything after a certain point, and has maybe one coffee at like 7AM, nothing later than that.. so it's not caffeine. I just feel so bad for him, he's 63 now and his job is very physically demanding. Without the sleep... it's just bad
He's tried so many things, but nothing is helping. It's very strange and happened out of no where this year!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Deadscreameyes

Very interesting. As I read this it's a little after 8 Am here an I just finished my 1st an only cup of coffee for the day (after I usually just stick with water or no caffeine drinks). Now Lastnight was the very first night I got some sleep, what I did was I went out for a jog around the block, did some stretches an smoke a bowl, I think I "passed" out a little after 10 PM. But non the less my fiance woke up at excatly 2 AM this morning an has been up ever sense. I'm 22 and my fiance is 25. We are both healthy, we don't smoke ciggs an we watch what we eat (due to us preparing to start a family). What is your fathers eating habits like? And does he got out for walks?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Well, the pattern changed for me, ironically the night I started this thread, and now it is wayyy worse....

I can barley keep my eyes open, but am lucky enough to be awake for a minute so thought of this and to post the new awful time schedule.

Now it has switched itself from about 5pm-5am nightly.... it is horrid, I feel like SOOO much of my time is waisted now.

Oh well.

Please come sweet summer time when sleep problems don't seem to happen! lol...

<< 1   >>

join